ADVERTISEMENT

FanDuel national championship odds

Rebounding is plus.
Ball handling for a big guy is plus.
Mid range is good.
Shot blocking is good not great but the ones he does get are emphatic
Penetration, he is unstoppable.
2nd best passer on Duke right now

We will see about defense and 3 point shooting.

NBA scout at recent Duke scrimmage said playing against Zion "wasnt even fair"

Having four really good players is great and all, but their 5-10 are absolute garbage. Historically bad for a team that is being ranked so high.

As good as RJ is, KJ can match his intensity and do a decent job counteracting him.

Tre Jones may be really good, but he's going to be going up against four quality guards, two of which are very good to great on the defensive end.

Zion is a load to handle, but Travis and PJ Washington aren't the 5'9 white kids that are littered throughout his various dunking videos in high school.

Reddish will have numerous bigs switched onto him all game. He will have to prove he can adjust accordingly.

That's the problem when you only have 4 quality guys. You're subject to getting worn out, and you better believe whoever the 5th guy is will be getting abused the entire game. Bolden is in? We'll pound it down low. DeLaurier is in? Same thing. Goldwire or O'Connell in? We'll motion them to death, giving our guards a huge advantage when the defense tries to compensate, and they lack the rim protection to account for this.

Duke has got some really great guys, but the matchups are terrible for them. At the end of the day, they can't counteract the depth.

AAU and EYBL glorified pick up games.
He failed to mention Tre Jones and his team did not make it past game 1 of the post season in the EYBL last year, and his numbers in that game were abysmal. Who gives a shit what you can do against the bottom-feeders when you fold under pressure in the big games and can't lead your team to wins when it matters; you aren't shit in my book.

Duke has the top 3 NBA prospects and Tre Jones is damn good.

I think Kentucky fans should be approaching this game with a little more caution.

I've seen predictions of double digit win for the Cats.

Zion Williamson is really, really good.

He did it in AAU. He was unstoppable. That is the best in his class in the nation. He was also MVP at the top 100 camp.

He is very quick and his handles are very good for a guy his size.

And have you seen Tre Jones' efficiency stats in EYBL? I don't think you have.

Tre Jones is trash.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Questionnaire for AxeS24:

1) How long have you been out of high school? (A) 2-4 years (B) 1 year (C) Still there

2) Where is Durham? (A) I think it's in North Carolina (B) I think it's in America (C) I'm not sure, but my parents probably know, or I could Google it

3) Where are you from? (A) USA, but not North Carolina (B) Outside the USA

4) What cover story do you use to legitimize being a Duke "fan?" (A) Family member went to Duke (B) Lived briefly near Durham when I was 5 years old (C) I've just always liked them, and I've stuck with them even when they choked against Lehigh and Mercer

5) Who would you most like to marry when you grow up? (A) Coach K (B) Grayson Allen (C) Zion Williamson (D) All of the above

Thanks in advance for your participation in this survey.

Duke has the top 3 NBA prospects and Tre Jones is damn good.

I think Kentucky fans should be approaching this game with a little more caution.

I've seen predictions of double digit win for the Cats.

Zion Williamson is really, really good.
Zion gets WAY TOO MUCH pub.
That praise should be going much more exclusively to Barrett... which is a way better basketball player.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Has anyone paid any attention at all to Duke teams that rely on all freshmen? The only team K has had that performed as they should have was the team that had upperclassmen to lead them.
This. It's a big reason I'm not even sweating duke, especially the first game of the season. The OP @AxeS24 believes it's crazy to even think UK is gonna win, even crazier to suggest by double digits. Yes, OP, I said if UK receives a fair whistle we win by 15+. Personally, I don't think that's a huge stretch. I'm having trouble seeing where duke has any advantages at all in this game. Y'all can say you have the three best players in the game all you want, but I believe that's highly under investigation. I simply don't believe it's true. Y'all might have the best player, but the three best? Meh, I don't buy it. Not for one second, I don't. See you November 6th, sugar tits. :)

[laughing]

ADVERTISEMENT