ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone talking about Bamba ... I'm thinking about Bagley.

He should go ahead and graduate and come on. Or else he may never see a college campus.

Reactions: Mike-D
I hope we get Bagley but I'm looking forward to next season when we surpass fan expectations for once.

It will be interesting to see which UK guys return, being that so many of them could break out into a OAD player.

For the sake of discussion, let’s say UK returns something along the lines of Green, Alexander, Baker, Washington, SKJ, Wynyard, and Gabriel. Let’s also say Cal adds Williamson, Reddish, and Bagley.

That’s a potential lineup of:

Green/ Alexander

Reddish/ Baker

Williamson/ Washington/ Reddish

Washington/ Gabriel

Bagley/ SKJ/ Wynyard

That’s a team with three top 10 picks, 2 top 5 picks, and at least 7 NBA players. Do you think UK fans would have a lesser expectation if a lineup like that came together?

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
I have not wanted a recruit more in Cal's entire career at UK. Bump this post at the end of the 2018 season and I bet he's your player of the year and national champion.
Pair him Bol Bol who by the time he ( Bol ) enters college will probably be the 2nd highest rated recruit in the 2018 class, & could be 7'3" or 7'4" by then..... I MEAN GOOD LORD HAVE MERCY

Reactions: Bluegrassking
Pair him Bol Bol who by the time he ( Bol ) enters college will probably be the 2nd highest rated recruit in the 2018 class, & could be 7'3" or 7'4" by then..... I MEAN GOOD LORD HAVE MERCY
Add a top shooter, a slasher, and I say probably a point because if we have a solid (Sweet 16 +) season then I bet Green is gone too and fire up the 40-0 chatter.

Bagley would likely be the #1 pick in the draft this year if he were alllowed to be.

One of the best high school players in 7-8 years.

I said this in an earlier thread. I think it is huge that Cal will get to coach him on the U19 USA team. I want him worse than Bam and Bamba combined. He is a head above everyone else, about like AD.

Reactions: Mike-D
Never playin college bball IMO
Agreed he's eligible to go straight to the draft and that's what he will do. He has no need for college. He will never play college ball. No reason to get excited about him. I'll settle for the next best thing, Williamson. Give me zion and im happy.

Going to be a player short again.

Next year should be better.
A player short? Hate hearing that. This team is loaded and huge. Most the time our deep runs end only because higgins. So if anything, we're likely gonna be one corrupt ref away. If it weren't for Higgins we probably have 4 titles under cal. One player away isnt the issue. Refs predetermining games is. People complain bout cal not having more titles and say it's his system and ignore the fact if these game are called fair we win with ease.

Going to be a player short again.

Next year should be better.

Maybe. Maybe not. Let's see what Diallo and Johnson do. This is also dependent on how our two incoming PG's/Center do. And of course, how much can SKJ improve. Lots of questions that won't get answered until we play.

Reactions: morgousky
Going to be interesting to see if Bagley flirts with a reclass, he is 18 now so one would think it could be something that his family would investigate. Also of note is the fact that he has been to 3 high schools in 3 years..

Reactions: TM2013
Never watched Bagley play. What's so amazing about him?

Seems like everyone agrees. Wondering

Going to be interesting to see if Bagley flirts with a reclass, he is 18 now so one would think it could be something that his family would investigate. Also of note is the fact that he has been to 3 high schools in 3 years..
Not gonna happen. But if he somehow did that would more than make up for Bamba.

He should go ahead and graduate and come on. Or else he may never see a college campus.

Maybe we should promise him that if he comes to UK we won't make him play in any games for us. That way he won't risk any exposure and still get drafted in the first round.

Why is he rumored to not play college ball?

His age and the fact that he has moved around a lot. I don't think anyone is clear on whether he could get himself eligible for the 2018 draft, but after what we saw with Thon Maker last year, it is on people's minds.

Maybe someone else has some better insight.

Any chance he will be wearing a UK jersey this Spring?? Like Diallo only actually playing hopefully

Any chance he will be wearing a UK jersey this Spring?? Like Diallo only actually playing hopefully

Never say never. I'd be lying if I said I had any idea how close he actually is to graduating high school. But kids can knock that out pretty quick these days if well motivated.

To be clear, I'm not speculating about what Bagley might or might not do. But if you're asking if there's a chance, there at least appears to be from the outside looking in.

Never say never. I'd be lying if I said I had any idea how close he actually is to graduating high school. But kids can knock that out pretty quick these days if well motivated.

To be clear, I'm not speculating about what Bagley might or might not do. But if you're asking if there's a chance, there at least appears to be from the outside looking in.

Yeah, I have no idea on his academic situation.. But these kids seem to get a lot done over the summer if they want to. I can dream anyway.

Reactions: TM2013 and Aike
ADVERTISEMENT