ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone is piling on.

Jan 19, 2018
I think we can say at this point we are having a down year. Not as successful as we hoped.

It seems to me that most of college basketball, opposing fans, media and, IMO, officials are taking glee with our down year Even the SEC office.
I understand the fan attitude. Finally, their teams have a chance. I get it. The media can say they are exposing our weaknesses. With a smile. I get it. The officials don't have to try so hard to keep opposing teams in games. I don't know if that makes them happy since they enjoy screwing with UK. But I get it.
What I don't understand is why everyone doesn't get that UK stirs the drink. Our fans travel. We buy tickets, eat at restaurants and stay at motels. Money from TV has filtered into other teams coffers. Referees won't get paid as much to knock UK out.
And, IMO, p!ss on the SEC office. How's that attendance looking for the conference tourney if we don't go far and they're empty seats.
So, I hope that Cal and the returning players have a long memory and next year kicks the living sh!t out of each and every one of them. Next year, I hope they all get it.

I think we can say at this point we are having a down year. Not as successful as we hoped.

It seems to me that most of college basketball, opposing fans, media and, IMO, officials are taking glee with our down year Even the SEC office.
I understand the fan attitude. Finally, their teams have a chance. I get it. The media can say they are exposing our weaknesses. With a smile. I get it. The officials don't have to try so hard to keep opposing teams in games. I don't know if that makes them happy since they enjoy screwing with UK. But I get it.
What I don't understand is why everyone doesn't get that UK stirs the drink. Our fans travel. We buy tickets, eat at restaurants and stay at motels. Money from TV has filtered into other teams coffers. Referees won't get paid as much to knock UK out.
And, IMO, p!ss on the SEC office. How's that attendance looking for the conference tourney if we don't go far and they're empty seats.
So, I hope that Cal and the returning players have a long memory and next year kicks the living sh!t out of each and every one of them. Next year, I hope they all get it.

Absolutely correct on all accounts. Conference realignment has changed a lot of things, but a great number of us above the age of 50 rue the day that when Duke and North Carolina came to UK in in the late 80s and asked UK to consider moving to the ACC, that Duke and North Carolina would be our sponsors, and, that it had total support of the other schools in the league which at that time was Wake Forest, Maryland, Virginia, Clemson, NC State, and Georgia Tech. We blew it. We never have had such support for our school in the SEC where we are a charter member...If the SEC caught wind that that offer was on the table, they would not have done the first thing to keep us. The SEC has two kings...Alabama in football and Kentucky in basketball. The league celebrates, promotes, etc Alabama football. They do everything they can to diminish Kentucky basketball. Your points can be used to go into example after example. UK really blew it.

Reactions: Jim Sauer
Well, the two most hated college basketball programs are Duke and Kentucky. By a good measure. That's for a lot of different reasons, some understandable, some not. It just so happens that over the last decade, the two most successful college basketball programs are Duke and Kentucky. That will engender even more hate. Coincidentally or not, the two most hated coaches in college basketball are John Calipari and Coach K. Cascading layers of hate.

Whenever one of them struggles, people will come out of the woodwork to criticize and stomp on the grave, with glee. No surprise. This is human nature, and how the world works.

Reactions: FtCampbellCat
This is the kinda year nobody should be taking pleasure in anyone else's struggle. This team just walked onto a 2 seeds home court and shoulda won the game they had a 2 min bad stretch. Doesn't take a whole lot a energy to focus for 2 or 3 extra min a game and that is all it would take for this team to have been on a 6 game winning streak and the talk of college basketball . Just play hard and focused for an extra 4 min a game. Nobody in the country will want to see them in march

1. The Media is against your team
2. The officials are against your team
3. Fans from other teams will not admit UK stirs the NCAA bball drink.
4.The SEC promotes Alabama football full force but diminish UK any chance they can get
5. Nobody will want to see UK in the tournament because they should be on a 6 game winning streak if you could erase the 2 or 3 min stretch where the team played bad.

I might be a minority with the visitors that come over that are fans of other teams and I do extremely dislike UK, but these 6 reasons are why I just keep checking in everyday. I dislike a lot of teams just as much as uk but their sites lack the conspiracy theory aspect that really put this site over the top.

Quite frankly the other programs of the SEC can go to hell.
When people come on this board in March and lobby for all UK fans to cheer on other SEC schools in the NCAA tourney, I always ask 'why?'. How does it help UK to support or cheer for programs that have always hated my Wildcats?
I've posted this here and on previous incarnations of this board over the years....Everyone hates UK and when you finally accept that you'll find in much easier to recognize our enemies.

I was just thinking this morning about how fun its gonna be next year when its payback time!

The problem is...it won't be. Watch and see, we will lose a lot more than we are expecting. Also, Keldon Johnson is not the player that most of our fans are making him out to be.

The problem is...it won't be. Watch and see, we will lose a lot more than we are expecting. Also, Keldon Johnson is not the player that most of our fans are making him out to be.
I think we'll lose 3...

I still think we'll sign another kid out of HS, and I wouldn't be surprised to get a Grad transfer.

Cal won't field a team like this next year.

I GUARANTEE it!!

I think we'll lose 3...

I still think we'll sign another kid out of HS, and I wouldn't be surprised to get a Grad transfer.

Cal won't field a team like this next year.

I GUARANTEE it!!

You are fooling yourself if you think we only lose 3. Knox, SGA, Diallo are gone. Vanderbilt, Richards, Washington, Gabriel would all leave in a second. Matt Jones (love or hate him) says we have a possible transfer, hopefully he's talking about Woodchopper.

What kinda player am I thinking he is going to be? I don't think i have crazy expectations. Seriously would like to know what u think the average UK fan thinks about Keldon Johnson

1. The Media is against your team
2. The officials are against your team
3. Fans from other teams will not admit UK stirs the NCAA bball drink.
4.The SEC promotes Alabama football full force but diminish UK any chance they can get
5. Nobody will want to see UK in the tournament because they should be on a 6 game winning streak if you could erase the 2 or 3 min stretch where the team played bad.

I might be a minority with the visitors that come over that are fans of other teams and I do extremely dislike UK, but these 6 reasons are why I just keep checking in everyday. I dislike a lot of teams just as much as uk but their sites lack the conspiracy theory aspect that really put this site over the top.
And most of our visitors know how to count, but keep being you.

What kinda player am I thinking he is going to be? I don't think i have crazy expectations. Seriously would like to know what u think the average UK fan thinks about Keldon Johnson

When I read posts on here, it seems like UK fans are expecting him to be the man next year, a Knox/Monk/Murray type of player, making 3's, averaging 18-20 points. He is a 6'5 or 6'6 wing that plays the post. He's a slasher that makes tough shots inside through contact and he's great in transition. However, he is not going to be the guy who stays around the 3 point arch draining shots. He is going to be a good player for us but not great next year. 12-15 points and 6 board next year is what I see. He is not RJ Barrett!

You are fooling yourself if you think we only lose 3. Knox, SGA, Diallo are gone. Vanderbilt, Richards, Washington, Gabriel would all leave in a second. Matt Jones (love or hate him) says we have a possible transfer, hopefully he's talking about Woodchopper.
I don't even count Wynyard...

I kinda feel like SGA may come back and try to become a lottery pick.

Not one freshman not projected to go in the first round left UK after one year. Every single Freshman who did leave after one season went in the first round.

I can see Diallo, Knox, SGA, Vanderbilt, Gabriel and Richards all entering the draft. I See Knox staying in if you have any doubt about him going first round go back and listen to Carlismo former college and NBA coach and current NBA analyst react to Knox's play last night. Of all these guys Knox could really use another season to mature emotionally so being that his family isn't in dire need financially perhaps they will encourage him to stay. He plays one more year learns to keep his head up and lead he will be freakish good. Say there is an outside chance that he and his parents decides he comes back after all he is the youngest guy on the youngest team.

Diallo is most likey gone either transfer route or NBA will depend on where he projects at his workouts and combine. He may make his mistakes here but that NBA floor is spread wide open for a guy like Diallo. He is gone

SGA. This one is is a toss up. His draft stock is purely from this season so not alot of people in his ear yet. He could improve his draft stock ridiculously and will be on alot of preseason lists that will get his name out there. I think he will struggle to beat out NBA quality defenders and he makes to many bad choices with his passing at pg at the workouts and combine. Probably 60percent going 40 percent staying another year.

Gabriel I don't know he showed up last night the head fakes drive and dunks look good would once again excel at a more open floor. Can see him improving his draft stock alot at workouts and combine a pretty good pick and pop or pick and roll player strong rebounder and shot blocker who plays d. NBA stretch 4 probably fifty fifty staying or leaving.

Jarred Vanderbilt I'm with u here kid is elite at everything except scoring. If this kid shows he can shoot at all at the workouts and combine, and its not that hard to imagine kid shot well for 3 weeks last spring. I think he is gone and probably higher than people think. Maybe as high as lottery. People see him and go "oh he can't shoot." He doesn't have to he will contribute directly to the scoring probably 8 to 12 points a game . Throw in everything else he does well and he will be a plus 20 to 25 kinda player. But if Jarred comes back showshe can play a year injury free hasnt done it since his jr year and can hit a fifteen footer he will make some noise to be a top5 guy in the 19 draft. Just afraid his upside will be too high for some team not to take a chance and guarantee him money. If so he almost has to take it.

I see Richards entering going through it and coming back. Richards ever gets his hands and timing better he will be a top 10 pick in 19 draft he is just in his 4th season of organized basketball give another year of strength and agility training plus develops a baby hook and he is a big who can hit ft.he will be a beast. Next season plus on a team loaded with shooters next season that inside is gonna look wide open. Think Nick goes through the motions but comes back

PJ has no position in the NBA right now. He can develop those skills and he has the ability to make it the NBA after another season maybe two. Think he comes back.

green isn't going anywhere neither is SKJ or Baker. So I think it be reasonable to assume that Knox, Diallo, Vanderbilt and SGA most likely are gone. That leaves 4 five star post players back 2 soph and 2 jrs. It leaves a five star and a very underrated 4star Baker back in the backcourt with 3 five star backcourt freshman.

So no we won't be anything next season like we have been this season next season could start 4 players who have returned add a ton more outside shooting. My guess we add one more five star player and possibly a grad transfer. That is with some guys leaving that very well may not I say the only guaranteed player to leave is probably Diallo. U may be right and we lose every freshman but Green and Baker and Gabriel jumps but who knows NCAA may lift the sit out a year on transfers and we pick up some star power there with experience. Just to hard to claim next season done til the roster is done but your worst case scenario has us more than this year's team plus a whole lot more shooting.

When I read posts on here, it seems like UK fans are expecting him to be the man next year, a Knox/Monk/Murray type of player, making 3's, averaging 18-20 points. He is a 6'5 or 6'6 wing that plays the post. He's a slasher that makes tough shots inside through contact and he's great in transition. However, he is not going to be the guy who stays around the 3 point arch draining shots. He is going to be a good player for us but not great next year. 12-15 points and 6 board next year is what I see. He is not RJ Barrett!

If he does what you say he will plus he is a bulldog competitor I will be thrilled last thing we need from him next season is outside scoring I think the kid brings a JV MkG motor. That is what we have been lacking with this year's team. I think KJ is a ok outside shooter and all he has to do is be respectable to excel at driving to the basket.

ADVERTISEMENT