ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Daniels on Edwards (starting visit today)

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Daniels is unsure of Kentucky’s chances at this juncture.

“I don’t know that we know yet,” he said. “Heading into the visit, I would probably handicap it that Florida State and Georgia would be the schools out front. But I’ve been told that he’s really considering these other schools, and I guess we’ll see how it all plays out after he visits Kentucky and Kansas.”

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
I know this guy is the number 1 recruit and it is a slim chance UK gets him, but if he comes does does Cal go, Edwards, Herro, Whitney as the PF? This is assuming Hagans is gone, if Hagans comes back then you have a massive log jam at guard. Doesn’t make much sense, but hey if the kid is visiting I guess there is a chance.

I know this guy is the number 1 recruit and it is a slim chance UK gets him, but if he comes does does Cal go, Edwards, Herro, Whitney as the PF? This is assuming Hagans is gone, if Hagans comes back then you have a massive log jam at guard. Doesn’t make much sense, but hey if the kid is visiting I guess there is a chance.
You can never have enough guards. Right now we don’t know how ready Allen will be as a frosh after the injury, he was going to contribute.

I actually take Daniels' lack of certainty regarding Edwards as a positive. Makes it seem like UK really does have a chance to steal this one.

A lot of it may depend on who we have returning.

Keldon and Ashton are gone.
Quickley, Herro, Baker, & Maxey coming in....plus Whitney on the wing.

But....you don't turn down the #1 player (potentially) in any class no matter what.

But....you don't turn down the #1 player (potentially) in any class no matter what.
Imo I think Herro will go to. Kid is playing his way into the League, just like Booker did.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Don't see Herro leaving or Edwards coming. McDaniels is the kid UK needs.

Reactions: Jazzycat

That kid is insane. He's big and powerful with a beautiful jumper and elite athleticism for his size. I say we go all in on him and figure it out later despite how loaded we are at guard. If we lose out, oh well, we're fine without him, but he's too good not to offer him everything we can. Snag him and McDaniels and/or Hurt and I'll be pumped.

Reactions: Mr_GG
5 degrees outside right now, not optimal for a southern visitor.

He better hope he doesn't get drafted by Minnesota, Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Indiana, Milwaukee or any one of the other teams who also have winters. It's not just the southern teams in the draft.

We have enough players in the league to fill out two full NBA team rosters. FSU has three role players and UGA has one guy (who is admittedly decent). He should go where basketball is the priority.

Might not have to worry about Herro if he keeps getting better.
He has to start hitting his 3's consistently.

He projects well...but does he think another year can make him a lottery pick? He doesn't have the amazing wingspan and his defense isn't top notch to compete with those NBA guys. He can score...but he needs that elite skill (like shooting) to set himself apart.

Potential can get him a guaranteed contract....another year gets him in the top 15.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

That's an insane amount of talent in the backcourt and on the wing.

PG Maxey / Quickley
SG Edwards / Maxey / Baker
F Herro / Edwards / Whitney
F Whitney

Lot of versatility as well. Maxey and Quickley can play the 1 and 2. Edwards and Herro can play the 2 and 3. Whitney can play the 3 and 4. Then, if we get McDaniels, he can play the 3, 4, and 5 spots at 6'11. Insanity.

Don't think Herro will be back. We'll lose all 5 starters. Hopefully, we return our 4 reserves.

I'm thinking:

G Maxey
G Quickley
F Whitney
F McDaniels
F Montgomery

Richards, Baker, and Allen off the bench.

If we miss on McDaniels then start Montgomery and Richards together.

Reactions: chroix and Jazzycat
Why would he consider Georgia? Crean has only coached a single one and done player ever I believe. Is that the person you would risk your career playing for?

I know this guy is the number 1 recruit and it is a slim chance UK gets him, but if he comes does does Cal go, Edwards, Herro, Whitney as the PF? .
Whitney is not a 4. It is way too early to know what next year’s roster will look like.

McDaniels is a long term prospect, not sure how much impact he would have in one year at UK. If we get EJ and Nick back we should be in good shape!
Depends how he plays him. I'm pretty sure they envision a knox type wing. He can still do some things on defense like a big. Block shots alter them and rebounds. I think your way off and if used correctly will be a good scorer

Depends how he plays him. I'm pretty sure they envision a knox type wing. He can still do some things on defense like a big. Block shots alter them and rebounds. I think your way off and if used correctly will be a good scorer
We already have the best sf/wing recruit in the country in Whitney. Of course I would take McDaniels, I just don’t see him doing much as a PF in the SEC. A sophomore EJ would be great af PF. Of the remaining options I think Hurt would be the best.

Reactions: jace2012
ADVERTISEMENT