ADVERTISEMENT

ESPNs Borzello has UK at #3

Hearing that the coaching staff really believes this UK team is one good to great scoring wing away from being a special group. Hmmmm sounds like somebody that could’ve/should’ve been on the roster. 🤔

Admittedly, I agree. We need one more wing that can put up points. That’s why losing Sharpe to the draft is a really big deal. If we can add that element, I could see the case for UK as the #1 team in the country. As it stands now, maybe 5-10 range. Need depth badly.

Hearing that the coaching staff really believes this UK team is one good to great scoring wing away from being a special group. Hmmmm sounds like somebody that could’ve/should’ve been on the roster. 🤔

Admittedly, I agree. We need one more wing that can put up points. That’s why losing Sharpe to the draft is a really big deal. If we can add that element, I could see the case for UK as the #1 team in the country. As it stands now, maybe 5-10 range. Need depth badly.
Sharpe will be the missing piece and when we lose in march we will think back on it. Just like Jarret Allen in 2017, Alex Poythress in 2015, and WCS in 2014.

I don't really get the top 5 ranking for Houston. They lost two starters last year to injury early on and will get them back in Sasser (maybe) and Mark, but they lost 4 of their other starters. Relying on Jarace Walker as the lone inside presence is asking for trouble too. They also have zero depth. I'd have them at #9-14 most likely at this point.

Also Baylor is under-ranked. I think they should be top 3. They are bringing back 4 starters, considerable depth, and also landed Keyonte George and a couple good transfers.

Well....don’t have to be a downer to not get excited about a meaningless ranking made in spring before the roster is set. Also people would like to see post season results....it’s been a while.
You don't have to be excited, but to bich and moan about good news is ridiculous. Theres no doubt that some of you would find something to complain about if Sharpe came back.

I mean, if posting good news from a reporter still makes you bitter IN MAY....i think its time to find a hobby.

Reactions: jauk11
Well....don’t have to be a downer to not get excited about a meaningless ranking made in spring before the roster is set. Also people would like to see post season results....it’s been a while.
Exactly…. We’ve been preseason Top 10 the past two seasons and it got us absolutely nowhere, 9-16 and a first round exit. Excited to see what next season potentially can be but let’s pump the brakes until we see what the roster looks like, how they look in the regular season, and ultimately, how they do in the tournament.

Reactions: bookerfan66
Especially a month after the tournament ended. Guys will pull out of the draft. There will be injuries and I promise you the AP and coaches preseason polls in November will have us closer to 10-15 than to 1. This posting of something that might happen in 10 months is outrageous and doesn’t get fans pumped. Put together a more complete roster that’s what will get fans pumped. As it stands this roster is Swiss cheese and is dependent upon injury prone players never getting injured. It’s insanity!
Are you talking about Tyty and Grady?

5131413.jpg
And what did he say?

There's a lot of things I'm not happy about with cal, but we should be careful what we wish for because things could get much worse if cal left and we don't get a homerun hire. He deserves some heat for sure but I don't really think fans should run him out of town, at least not yet. K had a few bad seasons too. We should see how this season goes, could be a great one. I don't see any elite coaches that are likely to leave their teams to come here. Brad Stevens is likely a pipe dream.

Reactions: Ed323232
Aren’t we always preseason top 5?
How many times have Kansas been preseason top 5 only to go home early in the NCAA tournament? It became a joke, everyone talked about how Kansas was always overrated until they finally won it last year. You could say every blue blood program and coach have underachieved.

Reactions: Ed323232
There's a lot of things I'm not happy about with cal, but we should be careful what we wish for because things could get much worse if cal left and we don't get a homerun hire. He deserves some heat for sure but I don't really think fans should run him out of town, at least not yet. K had a few bad seasons too. We should see how this season goes, could be a great one. I don't see any elite coaches that are likely to leave their teams to come here. Brad Stevens is likely a pipe dream.
It’s this attitude that allows guys like Cal to do what so many other coaches have done… .coast.

Since 2015, Cal has been a shell of himself. He has never been a good game manager, we all know that. His offense is also very dated.

He was brought here for 1 reason, to recruit the best of the best. He damn dure wasn't brought here for his coaching abilities.

So, he is no longer an ace recruiter, oh he gets good 2nd tier kids, but in a one-and-done environment, you better be getting the top tier kids, he isn’t.

So, if he is a C- game coach, that runs an outdated offense AND he can no longer land the big fish… . he's washed up. He's not hungry anymore.

There are a ton of really good young basketball minds out there, we just don't know who they are, because we aren't in those circles. Had you ever heard of Tommy Lloyd before he took the Arizona job last year? I bet you didn't.

My point is, the Cal we have seen since 2015, is a shell of who you think he is. You’re viewing him in his 2009-2015 light, but since then, he's not even at Tubby Smith's level. Heck, with the talent Cal has had, an average coach, with a little passion, would fair much better.

Do you realize out of the 9 NCAAT losses Cal has, 8 are to underdogs? Then, when you stack the NIT appearance and the 9-16 season on top of that stat, you should get a very clear picture of what we have with Cal. If you don't, well, that's a 'you' thing.

Reactions: blue woman
LOL. Guess the NPOTY is wasting his time.
No Oscar will put numbers up, did he waste his time this year, when they lost in the first round. The roster next year is worse than the one they had they had this year unless somebody is added

is sharpie returning to UK to sit again for begok and keep the pines warm?

will begok find another "pine rider" to use UK facilities and nil $$$?

the soap opera with begok continues

rr

ADVERTISEMENT