ADVERTISEMENT

ESPNs Borzello has UK at #3

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
That makes 6 major prediction players (Sporting News, CBS, ESPN, Vegas, Katz, Vitale) that have UK in the top 4 preseason. Some have us as high as #1 while others have us #2, #3 and #4:

This is going to be our 1st FF team in 8 years and could be our 1st title team in 11 years.

Last edited:
tumblr_oo0q2f9UO21qmob6ro1_500.gifv

That makes 5 major prediction players (CBS, ESPN, Vegas, Katz, Vitale) that have UK in the top 4 preseason. Some have us as high as #1 I believe while others have us #2, #3 and #4:

This is going to be our 1st FF team in 8 years and could be our 1st title team in 11 years.

I hope so OP. There is nothing better that could happen for the fanbase, players and Cal.

It would truly reunite pretty much everyone.

Here’s the thang man, UK is going to be one of the top teams next season. I think it’s getting past the fact that post 2017 Calipari is still the HC, and opposing coaches know the blueprint how to beat UK…

Make Cal have to decide he’s not going to make an adjustment to his pregame game plan. AKA, make in game adjustments to counter.

It's increasingly clear a few here are trying way too hard to be apart of what they think is the new "cool clique", ie the group of fans who can't see the positives in anything basketball related. OP gives you some preseason projections for next season and you act like asses and whine about it. The schtick (yes, it's a schtick because none of you are this negative in real life about sports) has grown a bit tiresome.

Aren’t we always preseason top 5?

Under Cal only once outside Top 10 and we went to FF that year. 10 seasons pre-season Top 5 but first time since '20 if we are this year.

Average over tenure, pre-season # 4.23 😂

10- first round '22
10- nothing '21
2- EE '20
2- EE '19
5- Swt 16 '18
2- EE '17
2- 2nd round '16
1- FF '15
1- FF '14
3- NIT '13
2- Title '12
11- FF '11
4- EE '10

Preseason rankings mean nothing.It's time for Cal to quit talking and prove something on the court.
Especially a month after the tournament ended. Guys will pull out of the draft. There will be injuries and I promise you the AP and coaches preseason polls in November will have us closer to 10-15 than to 1. This posting of something that might happen in 10 months is outrageous and doesn’t get fans pumped. Put together a more complete roster that’s what will get fans pumped. As it stands this roster is Swiss cheese and is dependent upon injury prone players never getting injured. It’s insanity!

We are one of the Top Pre-Season teams in the country every year. Maybe we can build off this and finish in the Top 5.

That makes 5 major prediction players (CBS, ESPN, Vegas, Katz, Vitale) that have UK in the top 4 preseason. Some have us as high as #1 I believe while others have us #2, #3 and #4:

News Flash man Cal is still the coach the pre season rankings are an absolute joke. We won’t even finish in the top 3 in the SEC let alone in the Nation. Cal will find a way to absolutely mess this up like he has the last several years.

Yeah we were also top 10 preseason the last 2 seasons and they both ended great.
Counterpoint: removing UConn's fluke titles, only once in the last 15 years has the title winner started the season outside the top 10, and it was Villanova's first title when they were ranked 11th.

Preseason top 10s are obviously no guarantee of anything, but it's basically a required first step to winning it all.

Reactions: jauk11
We should all be excited about preseason rankings?Is this for real.
Yes. A high preseason ranking is a perfectly reasonable reason to be excited for the upcoming season and have high expectations. Yet half this board is already acting like next year is a lost cause. Can we at least tip the first game before people start with their chicken little bitchfest?

Yes. A high preseason ranking is a perfectly reasonable reason to be excited for the upcoming season and have high expectations. Yet half this board is already acting like next year is a lost cause. Can we at least tip the first game before people start with their chicken little bitchfest?
We haven't been to a final 4 in 7 seasons so I'll believe Cal can actually do when I see it.I don't buy into his crap anymore.

9-16 and a loss to a 15 seed that sounds like a trend to me…….
You're starting to go down a path on a topic with someone that makes a living tracking "trends". In any trend tracking, you always start with what is known as a "run chart" to identify statistical patterns over a specified period of time and focus attention on vital changes in the process. 2 data points do not constitute a "trend", no matter how much you think or want it to be.

"Trend – Seven or more consecutive points are increasing or decreasing. A basic rule of thumb is when a run chart exhibits seven or eight points successively up or down, then a trend is clearly present in the data and needs process improvement."

Now I suspect you'll say "well, it's been 7 years since our best year in 2015, so that meets the requirement for a trend!" because AGENDA.

Last edited:
We haven't been to a final 4 in 7 seasons so I'll believe Cal can actually do when I see it.I don't buy into his crap anymore.
6 seasons
You can’t count 2020!

and in 17 it took the rooferee helping the Cheats the entire first half and a buzzer beater to keep us from the F4

in 19 it took a huge whistle imbalance late and OT vs team we had beat twice to keep us out of F4

in 20, we had arguably the best backcourt in the country and a really good chance before pandemic canceled tournament

in 22 we played the middle 1/3 of season like next team in county before injuries overwhelmed us

Like the enthusiasm but the roster as is right now would struggle to make the sweet 16

6 seasons
You can’t count 2020!

and in 17 it took the rooferee helping the Cheats the entire first half and a buzzer beater to keep us from the F4

in 19 it took a huge whistle imbalance late and OT vs team we had beat twice to keep us out of F4

in 20, we had arguably the best backcourt in the country and a really good chance before pandemic canceled tournament

in 22 we played the middle 1/3 of season like next team in county before injuries overwhelmed us
Woulda, shoulda, coulda

We will be a good team like this past year. Let's face it, st peters was a fluke ..though we weren't trending as a title contender toward the end....

...but, I see the makeup of this team as it currently sits also ad a non title favorite . It is just a piece away I believe but it doesn't seem like we're in on any of those pieces.. the Baylor Mayer kid would open up our offense more than anyone out there in my opinion . Add him, and suddenly Oscar has people to kick to.. wheeler isn't driving into a lane with 3 defenders and he doesn't have to hit outside shots. ..

..I am just not confident we will add that piece.

ADVERTISEMENT