ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN probably won't get to do K's 1000th win now

SilentsAreGolden

All-American
Dec 12, 2007
laugh.r191677.gif

Their next game is Sunday on Fox, @ St John's.

This post was edited on 1/20 11:46 AM by SilentsAreGolden

That's ALMOST a reason to root for Duke in that game.

Who ever has that time slot on ESPN will have to suffer through it.

Still can't root for them. I'd love to see the Johnnies, Irish and UVA take them down.. so Coach K's 1,000th win keeps getting put on hold, and finally comes at a time when his team just dropped 5 of 7.

Originally posted by SilentsAreGolden:
laugh.r191677.gif

Vitale is doing a remote from K's colon.

Originally posted by SilentsAreGolden:
laugh.r191677.gif

Perfect!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Even better, if I was the AD at St, Johns I would not allow another coach to come into my house and celebrate. I don't care what the accomplishment is. Party on your own dime Duke and take it back to Durham.

I'll bet that ESPN sets up the connections for a national feed to show the last few minutes of K's 1,000th victory - whenever it comes - across the entire ESPN national network.

Originally posted by Ripcord65:
I'll bet that ESPN sets up the connections for a national feed to show the last few minutes of K's 1,000th victory - whenever it comes - across the entire ESPN national network.
I'll bet they don't.

Please, o mighty one, just let the committee put Duke in our bracket. Please!!!

They'll put Duke in the furthest possible position from us.

Betting the farm on St. Johns... ESPN will send a check to whoever necessary to assure a St. John's victory so that they can cover Coach K's 1,000th on their network.

Kidding

Originally posted by UKCatsFan10:

Betting the farm on St. Johns... ESPN will send a check to whoever necessary to assure a St. John's victory so that they can cover Coach K's 1,000th on their network.

Kidding
I wouldn't put it past ESPN to attempt this.. but FOX sees this as a big pay day as well.

I hope there is some loop hole in dukes bylaws that will force him to retire before that game happens.
Like what happened to coach Rupp. Because everyone here would agree Rupp would have been well over 1k wins if not forced out by that stupid rule.

Not a Duke fan at all in fact I loathe them after the Lattner shot but you have to admit that its kinda insane that K passed Knight in the Mecca (MSG) and will probably get win #1,000 there as well.

Almost Creepy...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT