Mar 29, 2009
Ft Worth, TX
ESPN just updated their mock draft.

Here's where our cats fall:
10: Kevin Knox
20: Hamidou Diallo
26: Nick Richards
37: PJ Washington

Knox and Richards seem about right. Diallo seems a little high IMO. I am SHOCKED Washington appeared - and all the way at 37! I like the kids - a lot. I think he's going to turn things around, but definitely don't see him at 37.

Richards is going to be top 20. His decision will be about taking that top 20-ish money or coming back for a shot at the top 10 in a weaker draft.

No way a kid that big, that strong, that athletic, with that shooting touch, with those feet, who is still as raw as he is, stays on the board into the 20's. GMs can't help themselves.

I think Hami will stay around in that area. If he keeps shooting it solid he'll climb, especially if he keeps rebounding and defending and getting in transition like he has. Teams want to talk themselves into guys with his gifts. He just has to give them glimpses of a reason.

Knox is about right. 10-14 range.

Washington can be top 25, but he hasn't shown that yet.

right Now Washington's status was based on pre season hype. If the young man doesn't step it up an notch he wont be in the top 60 this year...right not the ball is strictly in his court. Diallo is a great athlete and finisher...that alone will get him take in the first round. You can't teach a 45 inch vertical.

ESPN just updated their mock draft.

Here's where our cats fall:
10: Kevin Knox
20: Hamidou Diallo
26: Nick Richards
37: PJ Washington

Knox and Richards seem about right. Diallo seems a little high IMO. I am SHOCKED Washington appeared - and all the way at 37! I like the kids - a lot. I think he's going to turn things around, but definitely don't see him at 37.
I've always seen Washington as a 2 and one. Maybe a 3 and done.

PJ looked awesome this summer. His problems in college so far has been more of a lack of sustained effort than anything.

He has looked a little bit intimidated also which is surprising

Richards is going to be top 20. His decision will be about taking that top 20-ish money or coming back for a shot at the top 10 in a weaker draft.

No way a kid that big, that strong, that athletic, with that shooting touch, with those feet, who is still as raw as he is, stays on the board into the 20's. GMs can't help themselves.

I think Hami will stay around in that area. If he keeps shooting it solid he'll climb, especially if he keeps rebounding and defending and getting in transition like he has. Teams want to talk themselves into guys with his gifts. He just has to give them glimpses of a reason.

Richards is a huge talent, I don't think there is any way he goes outside the lottery. He is honestly the kind of kid who could be a number 1 pick if he would just stay one more year.

Totally agree about Richards and Knox.

Diallo, I think is gone no matter what.

Washington could scratch the first round but he's gonna have to clean up his game a lot.

ESPN hired Jonathon Giovany to do their mock drafts... The guy who ran Draftexpress.com Hes pretty good I think... I don't know who runs their recruiting rankings... I guess Paul Biancardi???

Hey, I'm cool with UK being the place of the pros. When Nike quits pushing kids to coach K, no one will be able to compete on the trail with Cal. It shouldn't be close now, but ya know, Nike selling K's going out legacy overrules his record with these OAD types.

UNC would take back the title of "place of the pros" tomorrow, a title they held for decades.

I'd like Richards to stay another year. Hami and Knox are gone. I think PJ will be here next year along with Vanderbilt. Next years team could be stacked especially if we add Zion and brown.

ESPN recently hired the Draftexpress guys for the mockdrafts. They were best in the business.

Can you post the entire first round? That'll be much appreciated.

Reactions: UKcats1988

No way Washington is a 1st round pick at this point. He’d have to improve dramatically to get there. He’ll be back. My guess is we lose just 3 this year. We’ll be really strong everywhere except center next year. I’d say Cal gets that taken care of in the Spring.

Totally agree about
No way Washington is a 1st round pick at this point. He’d have to improve dramatically to get there. He’ll be back. My guess is we lose just 3 this year. We’ll be really strong everywhere except center next year. I’d say Cal gets that taken care of in the Spring.
There are not a whole lot of options left at Center for next year. I think we would be fine with SKJ and Wynyard though.

No way Knox is not a top 5 pick in this draft. Especially some poor team like Sacramento or Orlando that can use Knox's scoring ability and with Porter being questionable on the injury front, teams will be drooling over Knox..

Knox will be drafted around 4-6 . No way he lasts past 10, Diallo will be 10-20 . Richards if he comes out will be 10-20 as well but if he comes back he is a top 5 pick so maybe he wants to actually be ready for the NBA and make more his first contract. PJ ain't leaving but if he did he would be a late 1st early second . If Gabriel leaves he is a mid 2nd rounder. If JV plays this season he is a 1st rounder as well. If he plays and looks like his old self he is a top 15 pick.

Knox will be drafted around 4-6 . No way he lasts past 10, Diallo will be 10-20 . Richards if he comes out will be 10-20 as well but if he comes back he is a top 5 pick so maybe he wants to actually be ready for the NBA and make more his first contract. PJ ain't leaving but if he did he would be a late 1st early second . If Gabriel leaves he is a mid 2nd rounder. If JV plays this season he is a 1st rounder as well. If he plays and looks like his old self he is a top 15 pick.
Gabriel in the second round? Maybe after 4 years.

Hard to see Washington in the NBA right now but the potential is there for him. He also has plenty of time to improve by seasons end like Teague did

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

Right, I'm saying he can be drafted in that 20-25 range if he plays to his capabilities. So far he's shown small flashes of it but hasn't given us that consistently yet. I think he will, it's just tough for tweeners to adjust to the game, especially when the offense isn't geared toward them.

Knox isn't going ahead of Bagley, Doncic, Ayton, Bamba, Porter or Bridge unless Porter's back becomes a major red flag, and then you still have guys like Williams, Sexton and others in the mix.

Right, I'm saying he can be drafted in that 20-25 range if he plays to his capabilities. So far he's shown small flashes of it but hasn't given us that consistently yet. I think he will, it's just tough for tweeners to adjust to the game, especially when the offense isn't geared toward them.

Agree with this. Although I’ve noticed UK seems to lose more guys every year based solely on “potential” than any other team for the most part.

If Washington was playing like he his now (and even a slightly mid/ late season boost) for say... MSU, Fla, Syracuse , USC, KU ... I highly doubt he’d be gone after this year ? Perhaps I’m wrong though.

I mean I get it... I’m fine with it as we’ve been one of , if not the most successful basketball program in the country since Cal got here (many of our “fans” for some reason are to ignorant to grasp this) ... but yeah

Knox isn't going ahead of Bagley, Doncic, Ayton, Bamba, Porter or Bridge unless Porter's back becomes a major red flag, and then you still have guys like Williams, Sexton and others in the mix.

By March Knox will be behind Bagley, Ayton and Doncic only.
He is getting better every game and makes scoring 20 look effortless.
He will be scary by March.

This is where it’s at!! Nothing in sports better than the draft. Why even play games? Wonder what Cal will wear? So excited!

giphy.gif

Lol

Reactions: Apoxie
ADVERTISEMENT