ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN layoffs

Link? I don't see that anywhere. Not saying it's not true, I just can't find anything on it

Received my call. Laid off effective immediately. I love what I do and I will continue. Tough day for many with ESPN layoffs. Thx to all.

From his Twitter, sorry at work having issues.

Richard Deitsch with SI apparently knows who is going to get the calls and who isn't when it comes to the big time on air people but says he's not going to reveal and let them announce on their own. According to his facebook page yesterday, anyway.

ESPN will cut more than 100 employees today, Yahoo Finance has learned.

It has been widely reported for weeks that big cuts are coming to ESPN—so widely reported, and dissected, and gossiped about, in fact, that ESPN moved up its schedule and is notifying people earlier than it originally planned.

The 100 people getting cut are all “on-air talent,” a label ESPN uses for TV personalities, radio hosts, and writers who regularly appear on TV and radio. (ESPN says it has 1,000 such people, prior to these cuts.)

More here

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/espn-will-cut-100-air-personalities-today-123057142.html

Received my call. Laid off effective immediately. I love what I do and I will continue. Tough day for many with ESPN layoffs. Thx to all.

You are literally just making this up. That's not on his twitter page.

Fake news.

I didn't realize we had an ESPN employee posting on here. Sorry about you losing your job. I know that must be tough.

Last edited:

Someone fell for the fake Jeff Goodman twitter page again? Don't worry, so did Bleacher Report

I don't wish bad on anyone but if you don't do your job then...

This has nothing to do with them doing a good job or not. It's just diminishing revenue...so expense cuts needed to offset.

Hate to see anyone lose their job for something other than performance.

Pierre Lebrun out. Hockey guy apparently.

Joe McDonald out.

Scott Burnside out.

John Buccigross out.

Brett McMurphy out.

Last edited:
Gonna be more........ESPN is clearing house

Maybe they can clear enough to shut the whole network down except for the NFL of course. I mean isn't that their goal anyway? To compete with the NFL network and maintain rights?

Haven't watched the NFL in two years. Totally unbearable

Reactions: USSLair
ADVERTISEMENT