ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN has a University Professor on right now saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbudman

Junior
Apr 10, 2007
Colen Kapernick is not getting opportunity in NFL because he spoke out! Uh! He is 1-10 in his last 11starts! What a joke!

Well, in a way he's correct in some respects. He did bring a ton of press distraction and negative attention to a team that wasn't playing well. I'm sure some team would take him for a back up role......or for the "what if" factor......but no one wants the distraction. It's kinda Tebow-esque in that regard.

....and the poor play
....and he physically never was the same after the injury.
....and
....and
....littering and.....
....littering and.....

Last edited:
Yeah it doesn't help that he went 1-10 and was the 25th rated QB in QBR doesn't help.

He can go play in Canada or Europe where he doesn't have to stand for the National Anthem. Better yet, he can go to Russia, China, Iran, or ISIS territory and disrepect their flags and see what happens. I hope never to see him play again.

Last edited:
Colen Kapernick is not getting opportunity in NFL because he spoke out! Uh! He is 1-10 in his last 11starts! What a joke!
That's true, Kapernick is terrible but I also agree with the professor's point. There are a lot of terrible QBs out there and most of them get on a roster. A legit NFL QB, even a bad one, is hard to find. Kapernick is being harmed by his obnoxious stance last year. A lot of owners just don't want to put up with it. And frankly I agree. Unless he's the best QB in the league I wouldn't want him on my roster. That's not to say I agree with the poor ole Kapernick bit that everyone is trying to gin up. You do have free speech but that doesn't pardon you from consequences. If you deliberately offend a large number of people you will pay a price. Kapernick's idiotic bit was offensive and whether he understands it or not it was insulting to a lot of people.

A naive/dumb kid that got talked into doing something he probably wishes he could back out of now.

Not smart enough to say he made a mistake, swallow the embarrassment and get on with life.

Reactions: thornie1
A naive/dumb kid that got talked into doing something he probably wishes he could back out of now.

Not smart enough to say he made a mistake, swallow the embarrassment and get on with life.

No, that's part of the problem. He isn't ashamed or embarrassed in any way. He's proud of it. He thinks he's making some sort of difference.

Reactions: ukalum1988
This is a free country. You have the right to speak out and not show respect for the flag. People also have the right to respond to your disrespect. There are consequences for your actions. Such is life. His choice and their choice. No room for complaints.

yeah he isn't on a roster because he's not as good as mark sanchez. simple as that

no way that nfl owners/executives are a bunch of reactionaries

kaepernick protested the 'right' way. still enrages whites

The lesson to be learned for these guys is that when a celebrity, be it Kapernick, Ashley Judd or Tebow, takes a stance on a hot button issue, the people who agree with them are elated to have them as a spokesperson with a large audience. However, the people on the other side of the issue are offended or at least disappointed that someone they have admired or considered one of their own has joined the opposition. One thing for sure is that they are not going to change anybody's opinion. For that reason, the lack of any potential reward certainly does not justify the potential consequences of such public stances. If you are Brady, Rodgers or Manning, you are valuable enough to your team that while a controversial opinion may not be popular with a lot of you fan base, they will overlook your views because they need you to win games. Kapernick, however, is not in that elite group and therefore, does not have the leverage to pull off such a feat.

Colin Kaepernick engaged in free speech when he chose not to respectfully stand during the National Anthem. That was his right to do so.

However, free speech sometimes has consequences, a lesson he is learning now. I have no sympathy for him.

Can I have free speech while I am at work? No your butt will be fired.

From what I remember, the reason they didn't play Kapernick until later in the season was a contract issue. They figured they would deal him at the end of the season but if they played him in a game they would owe him a butt load of cash, like $25 Mil or something. So what they did was negotiate it down to a lesser amount so they could play him.

As far as sitting during the national anthem, I always thought that was the wrong way to protest the issues raised by BLM. By protesting the flag/national anthem, you are protesting by proxy the Constitution which is the very document that guarantees all citizens of equal protection. He should be saluting the flag not protesting against it. Just my $.02 worth.

As far as sitting during the national anthem, I always thought that was the wrong way to protest the issues raised by BLM. By protesting the flag/national anthem, you are protesting by proxy the Constitution which is the very document that guarantees all citizens of equal protection. He should be saluting the flag not protesting against it. Just my $.02 worth.

"Boom goes the dynamite."

Well said....

Reactions: JPFisher
He disrespected the Flag, and the Anthem. He has the right to do that. I also have the right to speak out against his actions. More people disagreed with him, than agreed with him. I saw an article a while back where the writer called him a "great American' who stood up for injustice. he never voted in any election. That makes him a sad American IMO.

IMO he was never as good as he thought he was. He had one good year thanks to the players around him. They made him better not the other way around.

yeah he isn't on a roster because he's not as good as mark sanchez. simple as that

Oh, what a load of horse manure that is. He insulted the entire nation, IMO, not just "whites". He insulted everyone that has ever served or will serve in the U.S. military in any capacity. That is why people are enraged, because he is a dumbass, getting paid millions to play a game, in the only damn country in the WORLD that he could have that opportunity.

Last edited:
Truth is somewhere in the middle on this topic, IMO.

I agree with this, it has a little to do with both. He hasn't played well since Jim left to coach Michigan and a lot of owners/coaches were turned off by his actions. It's not all one or the other, it's a mixture of both.

Colin Kaepernick engaged in free speech when he chose not to respectfully stand during the National Anthem. That was his right to do so.

However, free speech sometimes has consequences, a lesson he is learning now. I have no sympathy for him.

Exactly, he has every right to not stand during National Anthem, Even he is smart enough to know lots were going to disagree with his action and looks like they disagree with him enough not to be eager to pay him several million dollars a year to bring them negative publicity.

I'm going to get blasted but people say that sitting during the National Anthem is disrespectful. So he says that it was never his intent to disrespect our veterans.
So he then kneels but that's not enough

When you're sitting at home watching more than likely a playoff game. Do you stand? Hypocrisy abounds. When we have people that wear a confederate flag on their shirts, their vehicles and at a capital buliding. Yet no disrespect.
No country has let a treasonous flag be accepted like we have the confederate flag. A man kneels to bring attention to a problem in this country and he is considered the problem. The problem is hypocrisy.

I'm going to get blasted but people say that sitting during the National Anthem is disrespectful. So he says that it was never his intent to disrespect our veterans.

When you're sitting at home watching more than likely a playoff game. Do you stand? Hypocrisy abounds. When we have people that wear a confederate flag on their shirts, their vehicles and at a capital buliding. Yet no disrespect.
No country has let a treasonous flag be accepted like we have the confederate flag. A man kneels to bring attention to a problem in this country and he is considered the problem. The problem is hypocrisy.

Thanks, I didn't realize it was a confederate flag he disrespected.

Reactions: sluggercatfan

He brought no attention to any problem. He only brought attention to himself. What is he doing to rectify the problem that he was trying to bring attention to? Kneeling during the national anthem did not help one damn person that he supposedly thinks is being persecuted in this country.

The confederate flag represents a treasonous group. Isn't this an affront to the armed services to wear that symbol. Unless you're saying that kneeling is worse.
As far as what has he accomplished. Well he has donated100,000 a month to various human rights groups. He donated 50,000 to meals on wheels program the day it was cancelled. All while being "unemployed" .

Reactions: THE_OAK

I don't agree with your point and find it offensively racist. You probably think you are cute. Let him go to a country he can love, like Cuba or Venezuela.

Reactions: sluggercatfan

It was at a game. Not in his living room. Do you stand or sit for it when you're at a game?

The confederate flag represents a treasonous group. Isn't this an affront to the armed services to wear that symbol. Unless you're saying that kneeling is worse.
As far as what has he accomplished. Well he has donated100,000 a month to various human rights groups. He donated 50,000 to meals on wheels program the day it was cancelled. All while being "unemployed" .

You don't think other celebrities ever donate money to causes?

the idiotic part is people who care more about flags and anthems than people who don't look like them

So are you saying I'm a racist because I'm white? You should go back to your racist hideaway hole. Because I don't agree with someone doesn't make me a racist if they aren't white.

What if I was African American and I disagreed with him. What would you call me then?

Not sure what other celebrities have to do with this case. I was just pointing out that he has been consistent on his stand. I suppose that most celebrities would have issued an apology by now especially if it could prevent them from getting jobs.

What exactly be the point of a protest in his room. ? Our veterans deserve way more respect and appreciation than they get. He said that he never meant to disrespect them.

I'm closing this thread because it's gotten way off the topic of football. For those that have more to say continue the discussion on the political thread at the Paddock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT