ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN ATH: Duke and Bagley

ESPN Breaking news: Bob Ryan has been informed his services will no longer be needed, effective immediately.

Also Bob Ryan was later jumped in the ESPN parking lot by a stocky black male with a limp and a poor fashion sense (who DIDNT leave the scene on a motorcycle) along with a tall, apologetic, balding white male who repeated obscure rap lyrics while wearing Nike shoes with his suit. According to ESPN security there is not security footage or possibility of identifying the two unknown assailants.

Also Bob Ryan was later jumped in the ESPN parking lot by a stocky black male with a limp and a poor fashion sense (who DIDNT leave the scene on a motorcycle) along with a tall, apologetic, balding white male who repeated obscure rap lyrics while wearing Nike shoes with his suit. According to ESPN security there is not security footage or possibility of identifying the two unknown assailants.
lmao

Bob Ryan gave Duke and Coach K a pretty good ripping. Saying they no longer have the moral high ground. From at one time not hanging a banner because a player hadn't graduated to Corey Magette and now Bagley. Bravo Mr Ryan. :clap:
Finally. It's what most of us were saying on here. The facade is crumbling. This kid changed school's 3 times and decides to reclassify this late. It's a scam. He knew if he picked duke the NCAA will let him play. Anywhere else, he's out of luck.
K is running scared because time is running out on him and he's worried about himself and his legacy.

Has Bagley had academic issues?
Hmmmmm, odd question coming from you... NOT.
A recent review of your last ten or so posts proclaim Bagley should be at Duke and playing; saying the UL banner stays; declaring Skal was misused; complaining Cal should have more titles,
What is that saying? Once is accident, twice is coincidence and three times is pattern.
So which are you? Another CutNet account, a troll or someone just trying to be obtuse.

Reactions: Aike
Pretty sure we wouldn't be talking about any potential academic issues surrounding Bagley had he pulled out Derek Willis' former jersey on Sportscenter the other night. I think the only questions surrounding his academics are based around the amount of relocating he and his family did while he was in high school. He actually sounds like a pretty intelligent kid, he and his father are just looking for the fastest way to get to the NBA and get that first paycheck. Bagley is one of the few guys we've seen who probably could have made the transition from high school to the league without much difficulty.

That's exactly how their fans act and think. Nauseating.

Had a Duke fan who was bashing me on Twitter about "Paypal Cal" and how dirty he was. I tweeted him and said "Myron Piggy, Corey Maggette, Lance Thomas jeweler and Chris Duhon's moms financial trouble...are you sure you want to throw stones from that glass house?" He never tweeted back. :joy:

Which is why Bagley is going to Duke. He couldn't get eligible at any other school.

Scary how true this probably is. Coach K probably had a few lines about him being most likely eligible IF he comes to Duke. That might have been all the juice he needed.

Reactions: TopCatCal
Pretty sure we wouldn't be talking about any potential academic issues surrounding Bagley had he pulled out Derek Willis' former jersey on Sportscenter the other night. I think the only questions surrounding his academics are based around the amount of relocating he and his family did while he was in high school. He actually sounds like a pretty intelligent kid, he and his father are just looking for the fastest way to get to the NBA and get that first paycheck. Bagley is one of the few guys we've seen who probably could have made the transition from high school to the league without much difficulty.

That's crazy. We would absolutely be concerned about eligibility if Bagley had come here. The fact that Duke fans seem unconcerned is telling.

If he's SO good, why does it matter where he goes. Fastest way with the highest paycheck is probably Kentucky, and admittedly, Duke is a close second. But you can;t argue with what Kentucky has done from guys like KAT down to Willis. After this, why not stay at the schools close to home?

The only way Duke beats out Kentucky or familiar/close schools like USC/UCLA is if he and his crowd knew he wouldn't be eligible unless he went to Duke.

That's the only way Duke is the top choice.

If he's SO good, why does it matter where he goes. Fastest way with the highest paycheck is probably Kentucky, and admittedly, Duke is a close second. But you can;t argue with what Kentucky has done from guys like KAT down to Willis. After this, why not stay at the schools close to home?

The only way Duke beats out Kentucky or familiar/close schools like USC/UCLA is if he and his crowd knew he wouldn't be eligible unless he went to Duke.

That's the only way Duke is the top choice.

Family is from Fuquay-Varina, dad played football at NC A&T. Bagley actually played with a traveling team from the area one summer.

UCLA is not a Nike school.

USC was my pick but it's like everyone here says when it's down to UK and west coast teams... no one sees you play out there.

The blue goggles are cutting off some circulation this morning. Guys, we aren't the only heavyweight in the ring when it comes to top recruits. We definitely have the best track record of getting top talent to the league (during the Calipari era) but we aren't the only school that can provide national coverage, a coaching staff that helps you quickly develop and the exposure you need to become a guaranteed lottery pick. The idea that Duke has to cheat to get top talent but we don't? C'mon. Aike, you might have been concerned but the vast majority of BBN would have chalked up another victory for Calipari in the constant recruiting battle for top talent.

LineSkiCat14 just because a kid doesn't chose us doesn't mean that another school with a similar program style had to cheat to take him from us. That's a completely biased way of looking at things. Duke started recruiting the kid way before we did. All top coaches at the top programs develop their pipelines to boost recruiting and if anyone else had been following the scouts on social media they would have seen that we fell out of the Bagley race a few weeks ago. It was down to Duke, UCLA and USC. If a kid narrows down his selection to those schools I don't care if he grew up on Mars or on Crenshaw boulevard, the best choice would be Duke.

Fultz played for a much less prominent West Coast team in Washington, a team that sucked and got no tournament time, and was drafted 1st.

So, there goes that argument.

@Wall2Wall @BlueBlood66

No problem picking Duke over UK. But when there's eligibility questions, and Duke has yet to have any issue or fault with the NCAA, to us it says "Well, I have no option OTHER than Duke".. That's the problem. We've lost recruits to Duke before. No real need to question those.. Going to Duke is a great opportunity as much as it kills me to say it.

But this? This to me is sketch. And it is for the rest of BBN when you look at it. Not sure he picks Duke if he doesn't have eligibility issues.

@Wall2Wall @BlueBlood66

No problem picking Duke over UK. But when there's eligibility questions, and Duke has yet to have any issue or fault with the NCAA, to us it says "Well, I have no option OTHER than Duke".. That's the problem. We've lost recruits to Duke before. No real need to question those.. Going to Duke is a great opportunity as much as it kills me to say it.

But this? This to me is sketch. And it is for the rest of BBN when you look at it. Not sure he picks Duke if he doesn't have eligibility issues.

There were lots of people here and in the media picking USC or UCLA for Bagley before the commitment. If everyone knew he would only get cleared at Duke then not sure there would be any predictions besides Duke.

It's been his dads plan all along to get him in college this year. If he has the credits he will play, if not then he won't. He could have all the credits and everything lined up to be eligible but people here would still claim he shouldn't be eligible.

Reactions: Wall2Wall
Some of the people here were misinformed. How many falsely clung to the announcement time as a sign he was picking West Coast? I also don't think even Crystal Ball peeps knew what was going on (or maybe some did). Clearly anyone who thought it was USC or UCLA, in hindsight mind you, was misinformed or just guessing.

It's very possible that Bagley and co. knew he was going to Duke weeks ago. Just like many other recruitments.

Wasn't there questions around their PG being able to get eligible? Didn't seem to take the NCAA long to declare him ready to play when he committed to Duke.

If Duke is starting this trend of taking problem recruits who would never be eligible anywhere else, as is possible case of Duval/Bagley, we have a real problem on our hands. You're now setting a precedent that if you have any eligibility issues, don't bother going to any other school, just commit to Duke and you'll be fine. Worse, if Bagley is in fact eligible, it further stamps this notion. It would be in every school's best interest if he isn't allowed to play.

Of course, Duke fans love it. They never had a problem with preferential treatment before..

Hard for me to not wish harm against Coach K at this point. Not to see him suffer, but this treatment is getting out of hand. He needs to go. Whatever gets him out of the league so all programs can exist on an equal playing field, so be it.

The older & more feeble that old man Krzyzewski gets. The more desperate he gets. Over the last few years he has totally thrown caution to the wind. The old geezer will do anything to get back to a Final 4. At one time he didn't want one & done players... Well not anymore. And the fact that he suspended a punk like Grayson Allen only 1 game considering all the tripping incidences that Allen was involved with. And now he recruits a player to play this year that academically there is no way that he (Marvin Bagley) should be eligible. But K who plays by a different set of rules will get him eligible. People are finally seeing what a low life hypocrite that K is.

Even some people over on ESPN are slamming Duke and/or K for this. If you want to recruit one and done guys, that's fine. It's just funny that a few short years ago, K spoke out about being against the one and done. Then there's the whole deal about not hanging a banner until a certain individual graduated. Has Duke hung their store bought 2015 title in Cameron yet? Asking for a friend. Honestly, if one can't see the hypocrisy here then there's something wrong with you.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT