ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN admits zions step dad asked for money

I’m sure cal knew about this. When he wasn’t going to get anything from us we became an after thought. If history tells us anything guys like that don’t have an extended nba stay. Glad cal stays away from the ones asking for a handout. I would rather have a four star that’s busts his ass for everything than a five who expects something in return

I’m sure cal knew about this. When he wasn’t going to get anything from us we became an after thought. If history tells us anything guys like that don’t have an extended nba stay. Glad cal stays away from the ones asking for a handout. I would rather have a four star that’s busts his ass for everything than a five who expects something in return
And if you’ve noticed the ones who have gotten caught in this last bunch like Preston and Bowen they went undrafted.

Here's an anonymous Duke assistant getting Zion's "gift" ready upon committing to Duke.

giphy.gif

"Honestly, I've paid no attention to it," Williamson said. "I'm just a college kid, out here having fun with my classmates, looking forward to stuff like Countdown and our first game. You only get one chance at the college experience, and I want to enjoy it."

KInd of flubbed that one up, Flubber. [laughing]

"Honestly, I've paid no attention to it," Williamson said. "I'm just a college kid, out here having fun with my classmates, looking forward to stuff like Countdown and our first game. You only get one chance at the college experience, and I want to enjoy it."

Zion is like a intersex version of Thanos.

Reactions: EastKYWildcat

WOW!!!! That's the first time that I've seen that quote from him and all I can say is WOW! Thats a very awkward quote from him. Very awkward!

I think they will have to set Williamson. I mean, the Cam Newton rule was put in to exactly keep this stuff from happening.

If he sits it will be either for a meaningless Exhibition or in late December when they play some cup cakes. The Tripper after his umptemth tripping episode was suspended for one meaningless game which showed that Saint K. was another two faced piece of shi..

Duke is a private institution with lots and rich and powerful boosters, especially in the media and the sports industry.

No need for bagfuls of cash to recruits - that’s for amateurs. Line up a really nice job for Dad, mortgage approval on a home that would have been well outside their means a year ago, maybe pair Zion with a super-rich roommate who lets him use his car, toys, etc - you get the picture.

To top it off, a level of free promotion and hype from ESPN and the rest of the sports media that will eclipse what he would have gotten at Clemson or USCjr.

All of this “legal”, or at least legal enough for the NCAA and a very friendly sports media when Duke is involved.

It's sickening everybody knows Duke gets away with this kind of stuff, not to mention embarrassing to ask for money. I hope it follows him around forever, asking for money, don't they have any shame.

There is no way on God's green earth that the NCAA goes after Coach Eyechart and his merry band of dookies. They are coated in more Teflon than a truckload of cookware.

"They have an eligibility center now that these kids and their parents go through -- and they go through everything," Krzyzewski said. "We feel very comfortable with him and all our freshmen."

I believe that was what Cal said, right before the NCAA stripped Memphis of their Final Four. Let's see how consistent the NCAA is when it involves Puke.

ADVERTISEMENT