ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Wolford lack of subbing O lineman when being up big in the fourth quarter...

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
This was one of the areas he was criticized for when he was here on his first tour with us. Unless I missed it ( somebody correct me if I'm wrong ) the only sub I noticed was Malachi Wood coming in on maybe the last series.
I don't know how many times this year we will be up by 30 in the fourth quarter and get a chance to play and develop the younger lineman.
In closing, he may be a good coach, I know he is an upgrade from yenser, but he will always be a sorry individual for the way he left us. I said what I said and don't apologize for it.
We completely subbed out on D the last two series.

Reactions: kywildcats4life
This was one of the areas he was criticized for when he was here on his first tour with us. Unless I missed it ( somebody correct me if I'm wrong ) the only sub I noticed was Malachi Wood coming in on maybe the last series.
I don't know how many times this year we will be up by 30 in the fourth quarter and get a chance to play and develop the younger lineman.
In closing, he may be a good coach, I know he is an upgrade from yenser, but he will always be a sorry individual for the way he left us. I said what I said and don't apologize for it.
At least he subbed for Mincey who had 2 more false start penalties to add to his collection. That RT spot is a problem.

At least he subbed for Mincey who had 2 more false start penalties to add to his collection. That RT spot is a problem.
All of your posts are reasonable and thought out. I would be curious on your opinion on how Coach W left us for Bama.
Some on here give him a free pass.

I agree with the idea of developing players in the 4th quarter, but my thought there was that they wanted to give Wimsatt the opportunity to play a few series (not just single snaps) behind the starting line.

Edit: on second thought, my recollection is that in Coach JS had more success subbing throughout the game, giving his OL breathers, rather than waiting till the 4th. Am I remembering that correctly?

Last edited:
Reactions: paulcalhoun
I saw Selm playing in the 4TH quarter

All of your posts are reasonable and thought out. I would be curious on your opinion on how Coach W left us for Bama.
Some on here give him a free pass.
Thanks for the comment. While I wouldn't give Wolford a free pass, it's how cutthroat college coaching is. I think it was likely he saw a chance to join Saban's staff and he literally jumped at it. I imagine about all college assistants are looking to climb the career ladder. Bottom line is it's over and done with, I think he's a good coach who can help build UK's product and I'm glad he's back. There's probably stuff between he and Stoops you and I are not aware of but as long as they're good with it then we should be too IMO.

Jager Burton and Courtland Ford out with injury.
We're developing depth just fine with who we played.

10 years ago, we had enough talent to warrant playing a second line.
It was a blip. Schlarman wasn't doing it his last years either.
But some jackass on KSR talked about it being a tradition in his rant about Wolford.
And now people will not stop parroting the zombie lie.

But some jackass on KSR talked about it being a tradition in his rant about Wolford.

This. We're playing depth we have. Wolf was scum for leaving like he did but he is plenty good enough. Given our talent level, our run blocking is elite. Pass blocking is passable. Just tough to pair passable with a new qb still not consistently throwing the ball on time.

Thanks for the comment. While I wouldn't give Wolford a free pass, it's how cutthroat college coaching is. I think it was likely he saw a chance to join Saban's staff and he literally jumped at it. I imagine about all college assistants are looking to climb the career ladder. Bottom line is it's over and done with, I think he's a good coach who can help build UK's product and I'm glad he's back. There's probably stuff between he and Stoops you and I are not aware of but as long as they're good with it then we should be too IMO.
meh, he is a Youngtown guy...he and Stoops are ok.
I just don't get the "love" for his coaching
and even recruiting. These are his recruits, correct?

What is the word on Ford? We need help on the right side and I don’t think current OL feel their starting positions are threatened. Some legit competition would help, plus provide some rotational depth.

Heard Stoops on post game say they were really trying to work on the offensive efficiency and thats why some starters were still in even with Gavin. Said they wanted to get Gavin real action and thats why they continued to pass, and run offense, not trying to run up the score but wanted to get the work in.

It’s almost like no one watches the games. The rotation of the line is one of the most overblown things ever. We aren’t even good enough to be doing that lol

Reactions: Daniel1962
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT