ADVERTISEMENT

"Enough to still be here!" - Pearl

Thompkins4uk

Freshman
Feb 1, 2011
When asked if he cooperated with Auburn's internal investigation, Pearl said, "Enough to still be here coaching at Auburn!"

Are you serious? How could he not be fired instantly? He's already lied to the NCAA once about a recruiting violation. So now he's not cooperating with the FBI or Auburn's own investigation.

If it was Cal.....well we know what would happen.

I just watched it. Wow!!! He wants them to name a door after him “the Pearly Gates.” He’s cooperated enough to still be coach? Amazing comments that tell how full of himself and how big a cheat he is!!

Reactions: lmhurst
When asked if he cooperated with Auburn's internal investigation, Pearl said, "Enough to still be here coaching at Auburn!"

Are you serious? How could he not be fired instantly? He's already lied to the NCAA once about a recruiting violation. So now he's not cooperating with the FBI or Auburn's own investigation.

Great comment with a loose interpretation. Let's run with it.

Reactions: MbergCat and BBUK
Id say Pearl is staying quiet because he has already been punished harshly over a damn barbecue. If he was involved with what he has been accused of, who knows what punishment he will get next. He shouldn't have lied about his cookout but when you put it in perspective, he gets punished over a damn barbecue but its perfectly fine for UNC to have fake classes for athlete's for 20 years with no punishment. He probably learned from ole Roy Williams to stay quiet and play stupid. It probably won't work out for him though since he isn't apart of one of the ACC love fest teams that the basketball world loves to defend.

It's a criminal investigation. There's more on the line than NCAA violations. Smart move on his part and I doubt it's legal for him to be fired for using his 5th Amendment right.

DCFseattle. You know that common sense is not allowed on this website, and here you come with common sense. You should know by now that most of the posters on here are lawyers or think they are.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998

I don't blame him or Auburn one bit. Why should anyone try to be in compliance when North Carolina and Duke aren't held accountable .

Reactions: SemperFiCat
No one should ever cooperate with any investigation. Guilty or innocent. It’s an unfortunate state but it’s reality. None of these people care about those they accuse, just furthering their own agenda.

Not accolades, coach. He’s never been at a great program with great players, but always had well coached teams.
He has been able to coach at those type of programs and those type of players,how would he do with a bunch of 5* under a microscope.I'm not saying he wouldn't do well or that he would do poorly just asking the question based on the fact that problems seem to follow him around.

He has been able to coach at those type of programs and those type of players,how would he do with a bunch of 5* under a microscope.I'm not saying he wouldn't do well or that he would do poorly just asking the question based on the fact that problems seem to follow him around.

Wouldn't be a bunch of five stars...It would be what he has now and has always had. That is what many don't realize. Cal was a great recruiter before he came to UK. UK just intensified Cal's result. Brucie would still be Brucie. Heck he'd probably forget one game and wear his orange jacket again...

It blows my mind how someone can credit another coach on here and people jump down their throats. Ignorance at its finest. One would be crazy to trade Cal for Bruce, but he is always gracious to UK, and is one hell of a coach. He does seem to always find trouble, however, but I can’t help but like the guy.

DCFseattle. You know that common sense is not allowed on this website, and here you come with common sense. You should know by now that most of the posters on here are lawyers or think they are.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Could be the case that it is legal, but doesn't seem like it should. I'm no lawyer.

What I do know is folk really gotta separate the FBI and NCAA. Dick Vitale even said that the Louisville kid should now allowed to play because the FBI cleared him. Nevermind that they cleared him of a crime, not NCAA violations. They aren't the same thing. Crimes I would imagine are ncaa violations, but violations aren't necessarily crimes.

It blows my mind how someone can credit another coach on here and people jump down their throats. Ignorance at its finest. One would be crazy to trade Cal for Bruce, but he is always gracious to UK, and is one hell of a coach. He does seem to always find trouble, however, but I can’t help but like the guy.
He's gracious because UK is his dream job otherwise he wouldn't be.

ADVERTISEMENT