ADVERTISEMENT

End of Game Situations

Jul 30, 2018
Let's say we are down 1 and have the ball. Who do you want in? Who takes last shot?

1. Green
2. Herro
3. Johnson
4. Washington
5. Reid

Give me PJ to take final shot. Green would be my second choice, then Herro, then KJ. But I wouldn't hate any of those first 4 taking it. Reid can grab a rebound if needed (and hopefully tip it back in). Would the fear of PJ getting fouled and hitting one, missing one be too big of a risk? Even in Bahamas, more times than not, he would only make 1 of 2 free throws. Thoughts?

Now reverse it. We are up 1. Who is your ideal defensive stopper lineup?

1. Hagans
2. Quickley
3. Johnson
4. Washington
5. Richards

Here's to hoping we are NEVER in that situation this year :) Especially in March.

Reactions: downthehatch
Up 1...
Green
Herro
Johnson
Washington
Richards

Herro takes the final shot

Down 1...
Hagans
Johnson
Washington
Richards
Travis

There's something about Herro's body language that makes me think he loves the pressure and would come through.

Reactions: MWes11
If UK's winning or down by a possession, I don't want PJ out there until he proves he can handle shooting 65 to 70% from the line in tight situations.

Blind optimism is a foolish investment when a guy has yet to prove he can make pressure free throws.

If we are down one I would put

Quade, Herro, KJ, Quickley, and Richards.

Up one.

Hagans, Quickley/Herro, KJ, PJ, and Reid

Tight game last 30 seconds lineup:

G Green
G Quickley
G Herro
F Travis
F Richards

Good FT shooters. Our three best jump shooters (Green/Quickley/Herro). Our best rebounder (Travis). A rim protector (Richards) .

I am good with Washington at the 4 as well, but I just love how Travis rebounds. I want Travis in there we we have to secure a rebound at the end of the game.

Sorry, but I’m not going to P.J., I love the dude, but one more moment like that and he doesn’t come through in the clutch will destroy his draft status and confidence. I hope that it comes down to the great white Herro. Typical puke player from 1988-2018 rip.

I would want Green or Herro taking the shot and Richards , Travis and PJ in for a possible rebound.

Until Washington can hit over 68% of his FTs then he won’t be playing during close games at the end.

ADVERTISEMENT