ADVERTISEMENT

Eli Brown is very good

buckkiller

All-American
Nov 6, 2003
He can also Lay the hammer down! Can see why he was ranked #8 outside linebacker coming out of Highschool. Dude has a nose for the ball and not really much of a drop off from Jones absence right now. More I watch some of the replay I just am really pumped about our Linebackers group. I know I have talked about it alot but just excited and they are just going to get better!

I worry about Jones. He already has strike two.....I hope we don't wake up one morning and hear he got kicked off team. Way too much talent, immaturity kills careers.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I worry about Jones. He already has strike two.....I hope we don't wake up one morning and hear he got kicked off team. Way too much talent, immaturity kills careers.

Haven't heard that one..I thought he was injured

And he was late to a team meeting and missed spring game. Wasn't no big discipline reason

And he was late to a team meeting and missed spring game. Wasn't no big discipline reason
Oh OK, I wasn't sure. I just hate wasted talent. Like Jason Hatcher. It's sad, to basically be that talented and just throw your life away.

EB had a great game. Hard to believe he can play LB at 215. But quickness/speed to burn. Just beats blockers to the spot.

-holy crap. I guess some folks are just born miserable...looking for reasons to worry/bitch.
Address who you're talking about. I've seen nobody worry or bitch in this thread. I've seen my posts that says I care about our players....what are you talking about?

Eli hit the creases head on and laid the wood.
Very little drop off...very....,

Eli is great but Jordan Jones is a top 10 LB in the nation in my opinion. There is a drop off. His motor is second to none and his ability to track players east/west is insane.

I thought his absence in spring game was a behavior issue, I apologise if that wasn't it, but he for sure got in trouble for spitting.
Did he even get in trouble for that? From what I saw, he played the whole EKU game. Seemed like an overblown issue by these boards, he was defending his boy Elam. And what was strike one?

Back to the original topic, yes Eli is a bad dude. I had heard about how he wasn't as much an east/west guy as Jones, but would lay the wood running downhill north/south. He did not dissapoint. That young man rung some bells Saturday night. Our Linebacking Corps is DEEP.

Back to the original topic, yes Eli is a bad dude. I had heard about how he wasn't as much an east/west guy as Jones, but would lay the wood running downhill north/south. He did not dissapoint. That young man rung some bells Saturday night. Our Linebacking Corps is DEEP.

Eli reminds me of a Bama type LB dudes a Stud! That shows you like I just posted previously how Jones was under rated as well coming out! We have a set of Linebackers not just them 2 but everyone could possibly get to NFL. Its has to be our deepest area on team. When Love and Daniels are maybe your least talented out of Bunch your doing pretty good . Love having a very nice year that being said and his leadership can't be taught. We are no worse then 3rd best in SEC as far as Linebackers are concerned.

I know LB isn't a position where players rotate very much. Jones is a stud and has earned his stripes. Eli is too talented to keep off the field. If Jones doesn't declare for NFL (and I don't think he will) I could see Stoops playing Jones some at safety next year then moving him back to LB when Jones graduates.

His size and hybrid ability remind of the player from Michigan last year. (Name escapes me.) I'm not comparing their ability, but their hybrid size.

I wish we had a way to get Jones, Brown, and Watson on the field. We've got a solid starter out to the 2020 season.

Reactions: BluTangClan36
Its just great to know that some people feel that Brown is comparable to Jones,everybody knows about Jones,maybe that type of acclaim is coming for Eli.

Its just great to know that some people feel that Brown is comparable to Jones,everybody knows about Jones,maybe that type of acclaim is coming for Eli.

I think Eli moved ahead of Jones on the depth chart briefly, probably spring training? Eli was highly recruited and a four star in his own right, think Jones was a 5.7, not that that matters. We have quite a few four stars that are backups on this team.

I think Eli moved ahead of Jones on the depth chart briefly, probably spring training? Eli was highly recruited and a four star in his own right, think Jones was a 5.7, not that that matters. We have quite a few four stars that are backups on this team.
Amen, this isn't like the shallow depth chart years. Stoops and company has been recruiting at a very high level. While I don't want to have Jones out another game, I really don't think it is a do or die for us in 2017 if he is.

Reactions: matt_man
What a terrible predicament we're in.

He was ranked pretty good coming out of highschool. I believe rivals had him at the #8 4* outside linebacker in country

I went back and watched the highlights from Saturday again and him and Boogie both work the line of scrimmage really well. Especially on the goal line stand boogie got to the hole, kept his pads square and flowed down the LOS to the point of impact and cleaned up Baitys tackle keeping the back from stretching for the end zone. And Brown is the same way. Reads his keys, gets to his spot and flows with the play to the point of impact and they both do a great job of beating the back to that spot. That's where his hard hits come from. Best the back to the point of impact and you'll get the best of the collision. We've definitely got two good young ones at LB.

These are two hungry, athletic LBs. I don't know who to rank above the other or care why I would. Players. Jordan is my guy to chase players down in the backfield for a loss, particularly covering a backfield screen. Eli seems to have the length for tripping players up after getting behind the line. Both will get out to the sidelines like animals. Have no clue how to rate them on pass coverage at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT