ADVERTISEMENT

EK Franks

TuckyFB

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jun 21, 2016
DbFFP9KX0AIwCvD

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Nice. Even with Mullen being a pretty big name coach, our staff sees Florida as our key to our step up into a better tier of programs. Mullen has never been a “get all the five star guys” type guy, so we must think we can siphon off our share. No better time to strike than the last few years and during a coaching change. This guy knows SEC and State of Florida recruiting. Moves you don’t see on the field can make a huge difference...

To be honest this is a little puzzling hire for the position. if the intent is to get in position with Florida kids, he has only been there 3 months. His connections are in the Louisanna and Texas regions.

To be honest this is a little puzzling hire for the position. if the intent is to get in position with Florida kids, he has only been there 3 months. His connections are in the Louisanna and Texas regions.
He was hired because of his connection with Michael Smith. Gran and Hinshaw are our primary Florida recruiters, and will remain so. the question is - why did he bail on Mullen after just four months?

He was hired because of his connection with Michael Smith. Gran and Hinshaw are our primary Florida recruiters, and will remain so. the question is - why did he bail on Mullen after just four months?

Is Smith the coach from the La area? As for bailing on Mullen, could probably be several reasons. No telling why he left, Mullen may be a jerk to work for, could be taking the heat for UF's poor recruiting to this point, or he just may not have liked UF and saw a chance to get away.

Smith may be a connect here, but Bielma is one of Stoops’ best friends.

Apparently Bielma is a pretty well liked by most people. That was one reason given while Arkansas waited so long to make a change, everyone liked him and wanted him to be successful. I never thought he would consistently beat Bama, but I thought he would get Arkansas in position to content for the number 2 program in the West and maybe slip in to the SEC championship occasionally like AU does. Just a bad fit I guess and basically no instate recruiting base to build off of.

Apparently Bielma is a pretty well liked by most people. That was one reason given while Arkansas waited so long to make a change, everyone liked him and wanted him to be successful. I never thought he would consistently beat Bama, but I thought he would get Arkansas in position to content for the number 2 program in the West and maybe slip in to the SEC championship occasionally like AU does. Just a bad fit I guess and basically no instate recruiting base to build off of.

Thanks, but is Arkansas that far below Kentucky in population and talent? And I am pretty sure that they have as good a football reputation as UK, powerhouse more recently than UK, and they don't have our Louisville in state-------although I kind of wish they did.

Thanks, but is Arkansas that far below Kentucky in population and talent? And I am pretty sure that they have as good a football reputation as UK, powerhouse more recently than UK, and they don't have our Louisville in state-------although I kind of wish they did.

Arkansas only has a little over 3m population, pretty small state

For us grayer beards, Arkansas at one time was right below Texas and Oklahoma as power football schools. It used to be the big four were the Longhorns, Sooners, Razorbacks and Huskers.

Time, tradition and money change.
Except Kansas football.

Reactions: The-Hack and jauk11

Normally the top 2-3 in Arkansas are as good as any but then it drops off of a cliff.

Bielema’s problem was that he didn’t/couldn’t recruit Texas as well as any coach at Arkansas needs to. Probably had the least amount of Texans of any previous coach. Franks was at Southeastern Louisiana before he came to Arkansas so he and Smith both have a connection to Louisiana.

For us grayer beards, Arkansas at one time was right below Texas and Oklahoma as power football schools. It used to be the big four were the Longhorns, Sooners, Razorbacks and Huskers.

Except Kansas football.

They never had the success of OU or Nebraska but were a very good program and competed with those schools on almost level footing. That was in the old Southwest conference. But Its fair to say they were on par with Texas pre 70.

I was dating a girl from Arkansas one time they played UGA in a bowl, beat us and she called me to do a little piling on. I wasn't in the best of moods, the sr. were the guys there when I was a frosh and wasn't in the best of moods. Hung up on her and never talked to her again, some lines you just don't cross.

Except Kansas football.

I do remember 2007 Kansas was in the national championship talk...yup, Kansas FOOTBALL would have gone to the national championship if it had beaten Mizzou. 2007 was a weird year. Kentucky and Kansas football were top 7 teams at one point. And the team that won the BCS championship was beaten by UK. Wrap your head around all of that.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Nuclear Minter

Ten kilotons at Hiroshima or 5 MEGAtons like the Cannikin test in the Aleutian Islands? In an 8' diameter hole 5500 feet below ground, the hole cost over a $100,000,000 IIRC.

Minter might have HELPED dig us into a hole,, not the main culprit IMO, but nothing like that hole, lol.

Last edited:
These are support/admin jobs. Berezowitz was promoted to another position.
Was Berezowitz the coach who was gonna whip petrino's butt? If so I say promote him all the way to the top,, University President or something!

So is this a newly allowed position by a non coaching coach? He isn't really replacing Marrow, is he, just going to be coordinating and helping out? I hope so.

he is filling an existing position that was open because of a promotion. this position is kind of like head scout. they help go through film of prospects, i assume create cutups for the coaching staff, coordinates recruiting material that gets sent out, itinerary of recruiting trips etc ...

So is this a newly allowed position by a non coaching coach? He isn't really replacing Marrow, is he, just going to be coordinating and helping out? I hope so.

I may be wrong with this, but I don't think there is a limit to the number off staffers a program can have as long as they aren't on field coaches. They can scout teams, recruits, gameplan, help with on campus recruiting, can't go off campus unless you are short on your 10, have to pass a test. Can call them whatever you like and create positions and titles.

Reactions: jauk11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT