ADVERTISEMENT

EJ Montgomery Would be a Huge Get

Feb 2, 2011
While most of us think that most of our bigs will be back next year, we all know what is possible in the draft. I think Cal needs to put alot of focus on getting at least one more big for next year. Imagine if somehow Richards gets drafted, Jones xfers, and gabriel leaves for overseas ball due to money issues. I know that is alot of what ifs but another big would make me feel alot better about our incoming class next year. Thoughts?

Reactions: Dirt Court King
Don't think he's a 5 so really not a big get at all. Grasping at straws is not a good recruiting strategy.

Don't think he's a 5 so really not a big get at all. Grasping at straws is not a good recruiting strategy.
Right all we want is the top 5 stars and 2-3 star recruits . Screw getting players that could develop into great talent over 2-4 years. We need to sign more Ky kids!

EJ Montgomery is very good and would significantly help our front court next year don't kid yourself

While most of us think that most of our bigs will be back next year, we all know what is possible in the draft. I think Cal needs to put alot of focus on getting at least one more big for next year. Imagine if somehow Richards gets drafted, Jones xfers, and gabriel leaves for overseas ball due to money issues. I know that is alot of what ifs but another big would make me feel alot better about our incoming class next year. Thoughts?
Trolling.

A) he's going to Duke. B) I think some here are hyping him into something more than he is because they are freaking out about this year and current recruiting misses.

Quick, call Cal and give him your inside info so he doesn't waste his time.

Idk about him, kindly reminds me of PJ alot, but just does not like contact in the way that PJ does. He is definitely not a one and done or a five in college. Kentucky needs a big, that is not afraid to get a rebound or block a shot..

Reactions: jace2012
quick go call Mark Few he always gets good working centers that don't leave after one year.

Only big he ever had that was any good besides Wiltjer is Sabonis. Every player that he has had from Morrison to Olynik has not made it in the league. I figured Morrison would of stuck for sure, i guess his teammates ran him off for his bad hygiene..

It doesn't really matter what a couple of our bigs do. We need two more recruits for next year that will force them to either step up and earn their time or be pushed out of the rotation.

I've said for a month this kid will be at Duke. K needs a big next year to round out his class; he's been pressing for this one, and I think he gets him.

However, I agree with the poster who said he's being over-rated a bit. I think he's good, but he's not going to be anything close to dominant year one. My opinion from what I have seen.

never said about them going to the pros. Gonzaga has had only about 3 players in the NBA but they play better than some 5 star kids then go to Europe and play pro

Richards is at least a 2nd round pick. With good workouts, he very well could go late 1st. But I think coming in he wasn't expecting to be a OAD, and playing <20 mpg on a unranked team doesn't scream "1st round pick". But I think with 1 more year, he could become a lottery pick which is a lot more $ (& guaranteed $).

I've seen a few of you talk "transfer" and "SKJ" recently, and I don't know why. He said coming in he didn't think he was a OAD. He's played a decent amount this year, and you would expect that to increase each year. Especially if Richards did leave!

Gabriel may be the most likely to be lost (outside of Knox).

As for Montgomery. From what I've read he is thin and prefers to play on the outside. So he would need a year (or two), and would likely be behind everyone except maybe Wynyard (& maybe not even behind him).

I've said for a month this kid will be at Duke. K needs a big next year to round out his class; he's been pressing for this one, and I think he gets him.

However, I agree with the poster who said he's being over-rated a bit. I think he's good, but he's not going to be anything close to dominant year one. My opinion from what I have seen.

Dominant.......have you seen anything near dominant from ANYONE on this squad. Cal needs fundamentally sound players that can make the pass at the right time, grab a rebound & hit something other than a layup

Richards doesn’t have much more chance of getting drafted than I do, and I’m 65 years old.

Reactions: westerncat
He would be a huge get. Don't be silly.

Have not seen his videos but sounds similar to Amile Jefferson who was not taken by anybody until late by Duke and played 4 years (actually 5 due to injury). If K wants him, that's how he sees him. If Cal sees him the same way, then go for it. If Cal sees this as a get back at Duke and plans to recruit over him in 2019 (90% likelihood imo) then it's a foolish strategy.

Montgomery's game reminds me a lot of DeMarcus Cousins.

But what if Green and Shaileave to join the Peace Corps and IQ and Herro decide to transfer to Transy?

What if Johnson has enlisted to join Seal Team 6?

What if Baker leaves cooking school...?

What if PJ has an assistant coaching position offer from his Dad's HS team, he's probably gone, right?

What if Diallo has already left to join the Olympic high jumping team?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT