ADVERTISEMENT

EJ Montgomery now official

Dude will probably start over Richards or at the 4 of pj doesn't return.

Gabriel and Vanderbilt will get their time as well

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Dang, he's almost a top 5 player that several on this site desperately state that UK needs to win their second under Cal. (I am not being smart stating that. I did not realize he was ranked that highly due to some remarks.)

Welcome young man, glad you made it officially official,lol. Looks to have the talent to be good enough to contribute and make the team better on the inside. I have not seen all his clips on you tube so I do not know what kind of scorer he really is.

GBB

I feel like he was off the board for so long that we didn't really pay him much attention, but man, that kid can play.

That handle and passing ability at 6'11 gives us all kinds of options with the shooters and guards we'll have. I'd love to see him next to PJ or Vanderbilt at the 5.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Dang, he's almost a top 5 player that several on this site desperately state that UK needs to win their second under Cal.

I’ve never read anyone say that. They’ve said Cal has never made a Final Four in the one and done era without a former composite top 5 player on the roster, and it’s accurate. No one’s said he NEEDS it, just that he hasn’t done it yet. Draw your own conclusions with that.

And Montgomery isn’t “close” to being top 5. He’s still #9 in the 247 Composite and 27 in the RSCI (which hasn’t been updated since last summer and will change with the final rankings, probably close to top 10 there as well).

I’m happy as a two peckered mutt in a dog twat patch he picked UK, regardless.

Good get. Wouldn’t have played a lot of mins for us this year but would have been a nice option to have off the bench.
The delusional has reached an all time level. EJ would be the best player at AU in 15 years plus . They haven't come close to a talent like this in forever. Wiley is the closest and EJ is much better then him. This AU dude has me almost at the point where I can't believe he is a real poster as no one can have that little sense , right ?

Good get. Wouldn’t have played a lot of mins for us this year but would have been a nice option to have off the bench.
Well that's one the dumbest things you have said, and you have said plenty of them let me tell you !

No slight intended towards EJ but I cordially invite you Cats to remember the name Chuma Okeke. Was the GA POY over the likes of Collin Sexton and Wendell Carter. Will be a star this coming season.

I’ve never read anyone say that. (1)They’ve said Cal has never made a Final Four in the one and done era without a former composite top 5 player on the roster, and it’s accurate. No one’s said he NEEDS it, just that he hasn’t done it yet. Draw your own conclusions with that.

And (2) Montgomery isn’t “close” to being top 5. He’s still #9 in the 247 Composite and 27 in the RSCI (which hasn’t been updated since last summer and will change with the final rankings, probably close to top 10 there as well).

I’m happy as a two peckered mutt in a dog twat patch he picked UK, regardless.

I numbered the above to cut down confusion for you;
(1) I think I stated the same thing but differently than how you stated it. I will call out Morgousky and @morgousky (I was not being derogatory when I stated it.) There were a couple others in fact several that stated the same thing.

(2) In this same OP's post above it states 247 has him at "6" That is pretty darn close to top 5 if I remember my numbers from grade school. "9" is pretty close to top 5 in my book. (It amazes that you contradict 247 in the same OP's post where it was stated...or are you just picking for an argument?)

Did you read the entire OP's post? It was short...

I am not sure why you called out my post but it seems you tried hard where there was basically nothing to call out but that's okay...

You can be as happy as that dog you stated but may be TMI...

Last edited:
I feel like he was off the board for so long that we didn't really pay him much attention, but man, that kid can play.

That handle and passing ability at 6'11 gives us all kinds of options with the shooters and guards we'll have. I'd love to see him next to PJ or Vanderbilt at the 5.

EJ would pair exceptionally well with a (healthy) Vanderbilt playing the 5. Montgomery has every finesse skill you could ask for in a player of that size, but he may get pushed around on the glass as he adjusts to the college game. Sharing the frontcourt with a monstrous statistical rebounder like JV will help us and him.

(1) I think I stated the same thing but differently than how you stated it. I will call out Morgousky and @morgousky (I was not being derogatory when I stated it.) There were a couple others in fact several that stated the same thing.

(2) In this same OP's post above it states 247 has him at "6" That is pretty darn close to top 5 if I remember my numbers from grade school. "9" is pretty close to top 5 in my book. (It amazes that you contradict 247 in the same OP's post where it was stated...or are you just picking for an argument?)

I am not sure why you called out my post but it seems you tried hard where there was basically nothing to call out but that's okay...

9 is not top 5. I understand these are just numbers based on minor differences, but it seems to matter when talking about UK. it' hard to deny, Cal has one title team and that team had the top 2 players of the class. His final fours all had at least one top 5. I do understand the 2010 team didn't reach the final four. But it's given that anything can happen. I still think with Cals roster turnover to this point he needs those top 5's to improve the chances.

If guys want to start returning and we can retain some solid role guys and upperclassmen, his recruiting is fine where it is

Reactions: Newcattitudes
9 is not top 5. I understand these are just numbers based on minor differences, but it seems to matter when talking about UK. it' hard to deny, Cal has one title team and that team had the top 2 players of the class. His final fours all had at least one top 5. I do understand the 2010 team didn't reach the final four. But it's given that anything can happen. I still think with Cals roster turnover to this point he needs those top 5's to improve the chances.

If guys want to start returning and we can retain some solid role guys and upperclassmen, his recruiting is fine where it is
Agreed. The formula is the formula until he makes something else work.

I stated your position correctly. Thanks

(I tend to agree due to historical data and your smirkarse attitudinal comments that are usually correct in their conjecture...)

Last edited:
Reactions: morgousky

You’re just a mean face.

Why use one site’s ranking when the composite is typically more accurate? 9 is close to top 5 in the sense of 100 or so. 6 is close in terms of 10 or so. Depends on how much you wanna rely on semantics.

Stop being mean.

Reactions: BBUK and morgousky
You’re just a mean face.

Why use one site’s ranking when the composite is typically more accurate? 9 is close to top 5 in the sense of 100 or so. 6 is close in terms of 10 or so. Depends on how much you wanna rely on semantics.

Stop being mean.

I surrender....under the terms of the UK fandom convention.....

Reactions: Col. Angus
Dang, he's almost a top 5 player that several on this site desperately state that UK needs to win their second under Cal. (I am not being smart stating that. I did not realize he was ranked that highly due to some remarks.)
I don't care if we land #1 #2 #3 players. To win, we need guys coming back. That's what we are saying

ADVERTISEMENT