ADVERTISEMENT

Eddie Gran

Continuity within the coaching staff is the key for success in football. Coaching continuity begins and ends with the ability of the head coaches ability to coach the other coaches, without micro managing. Assistants have to be sold on the HC and his abilities and be able to implement different ideas. If assistant coaches don't have flexabilities you'll see them moving on. Keeping everyone sold on the same plan is a difficult for many Head Coaches, That's why so many aren't successful. Coach Stoops had a plan when he arrived at UK and has sold and worked that plan masterfully. All his coaches are on board, just look at the players walking the sidelines today, unbelievable the improvement in the quality players we have now. Thank you coaches, keep up the good work.

Remember when everyone hated him and blamed him for our offensive problems?

nobody admitting to that, okay I’ll move on

Beat me to it. Reminds me of all those online who believed the Mark Stoops infidelity rumors prior to the 2016 SCAR game who are patting him on the back today. Those same will all turn again if the team starts losing, but they'll be the first to claim they'd never do such a thing. haha

Beat me to it. Reminds me of all those online who believed the Mark Stoops infidelity rumors prior to the 2016 SCAR game who are patting him on the back today. Those same will all turn again if the team starts losing, but they'll be the first to claim they'd never do such a thing. haha
If he starts losing games I’m going to be pissed for sure. That’s kinda my job I think?

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS

I and many others were here in ‘16, and ‘17 defending Gran and others from critics . . . the most shrill of which have virtually disappeared (Muderer of Crows).

Were there others who did so, but then “ate their crow?”

Yeah, lots of them.

Not too many OC's could lose their QB1, QB2 and QB3 and still win 8 games in the SEC.

Gran is a top notch OC and one of his strengths is his versatility and ability to take the hand that was dealt him and get the most out of it. The 2019 season was a major example of that. Put in the same spot many OCs would have tried to continue to do things with players that were not ready or capable of doing them, resulting in a lack of success.

Wait a minute most of you said CMS was dictating the offense. We have never run the offense EG called at Cincy. Which is it?

Eddie calls a conservative game because that's what he's told to do. But he gets credit for making it work. Fortunately for him, Stoops games management has gotten much better the past few years plus we seem to be able to get 11 people on the field.

[laughing]

Ill own up to giving him hell sometimes! Coach always proves me wrong.

What I like about Coach Gran, and to a larger extent our staff in general, is they are pretty straight with the fans. Win or lose, good call or bad, I cant recall any big time play where we havent gotten an answer from them through the media in some form or fashion.

For example, the Tennessee game last year, we all lit coach's ass up over the decision to have Lynn throw the deep ball on I believe 3rd down. Someone correct me....final drive of the game.

Anyway, Coach Gran comes out and says look, we had a down (or downs) to burn, Pruitt had his guys in zero coverage. They were daring us and we knew it and said to hell with it lets do it. When you come out afterwards and explain your process, at least for me not being the football Einstein many of you who played or coach it are, I personally can live with it.

I still cuss him a few times a game and one thing that gets me is how he plays QBs that is hurt like when smith Who was completely over his head !Why not Walker Wood or gilmore ,,Why weren't they ready

I still cuss him a few times a game and one thing that gets me is how he plays QBs that is hurt like when smith Who was completely over his head !Why not Walker Wood or gilmore ,,Why weren't they ready
Because they were recruiting misses.

Reactions: fabcat
I have been a Gran questioner many times as well as a Stoops doubter.
Cant argue with winning.
When plays work, like the Bowden to Ali pass, these guys are genius. When they dont work, notsomuch. Fun part of fandom...armchair monday morning quarterback.
I'm one of those that thought it was crazy for Bowden to play QB.
That's why I AM an armchair coach and not a paid coach.

I’ll admit it. He’s been good at game planning, he has also struggled like hell at times. Can’t tell me AJ Rose belongs in the Wildcat on 4th and 1 against Florida, with a guy the size of Benny available. There’s been plenty other occurrences.

Wait a minute most of you said CMS was dictating the offense. We have never run the offense EG called at Cincy. Which is it?

We ran that offense at the beginning of 2 seasons. Injuries derailed both. He's done a masterful job working with what he does have, even while not having what he ideally wanted. It's pretty remarkable

ADVERTISEMENT