ADVERTISEMENT

Eddie Boy Oh Eddie Boy

Nov 15, 2017
When he first came to Kentucky I thought this guy was the man...The play calling on every drive is like a pattern that my 72 year old mother could predict playing defense(she actually does)...

Let's mix it up more. Let Johnson run the ball more... Let him throw the long ball...Play his style of football. Not to mention fast tempo.... He is a horrible short range passer...

When he first came to Kentucky I thought this guy was the man...The play calling on every drive is like a pattern that my 72 year old mother could predict playing defense(she actually does)...

Let's mix it up more. Let Johnson run the ball more... Let him throw the long ball...Play his style of football. Not to mention fast tempo.... He is a horrible short range passer...

Eddie played fast before he came here. Don't know why that changed?

Eddie played fast before he came here. Don't know why that changed?
Its what Kentucky needs... The few times Johnson has played fast tempo he is in a zone, accurate, efficient, etc... Anybody with a brain knows Johnson is not meant for slow tempo football... I swear I wish I could run the offense for two drives lol..
Lets hire Mr.Leach. Hell he be making more as a OC at Kentucky than a HC at Washington State lol

I'm not saying Fire Eddie as I think he deserves a few more years. But he is not a P5 OC...

HOWEVER FIRE HOUSE FIRE HOUSE FIRE MATT HOUSE

Once again, offense was fine. Moved ball all game.

Johnson missed at least 3 td throws.

Everything Johnson runs in an option. I agree he should keep more. But thats on him, not Gran.

Reactions: billoliver40

Every O coordinator is good untill their head coach is Stoops

Tavin had one that was also a poor throw.

Harts was somewhat a drop. But also a bad pass that almost got him killed.

Bone bailed him out on a poor throw. That was most of the passing yard for the game

We all love SJ but so many people are too afraid to criticize him. He has limitless heart but VERY limited ability as a passer. He'll hit one, now and then. But not enough to torch any decent defense.

We all love SJ, but like poster above mentioned he is very very limited skill wise. We have ran an offense that allows him a chance to succeed. I promise you if we was throwing the call around 50-60 times a game like some on here claim we have too, our record would be much much worse.

Honestly if we were a pass first offense with the personnel we have, I swear I think we would be 3-8. I think results of USC, mizzu, Southern miss, and Tennessee games would of been different. With Vandy being a toss up.

With a limited passing attack called, how many throws for scores have we missed this season in throws that a good throwing qb would have completed (heck we missed three yesterday). All those coming against a defense not focusing on the pass. But those games are more exciting if you throw it 50 times no matter outcome right?

skill wise, SJ is a low end fbs qb, and not even a high end fcs qb. Let's remember he is a juco transfer who was going to struggle to get on field at Grambling State, not Bama.

Kid has a heart of a champion.

Reactions: Elijah55
Eddie Gran is the furthest thing from the problem. The offense didn't execute last night. The defense on the other hand...

Reactions: Jon(-24)

Not sure if you noticed, he has underthrown most long balls. Bone had to make the catch of the year on one.

Its what Kentucky needs... The few times Johnson has played fast tempo he is in a zone, accurate, efficient, etc... Anybody with a brain knows Johnson is not meant for slow tempo football... I swear I wish I could run the offense for two drives lol..
Lets hire Mr.Leach. Hell he be making more as a OC at Kentucky than a HC at Washington State lol

I'm not saying Fire Eddie as I think he deserves a few more years. But he is not a P5 OC...

HOWEVER FIRE HOUSE FIRE HOUSE FIRE MATT HOUSE
WTF?

We all love SJ, but like poster above mentioned he is very very limited skill wise. We have ran an offense that allows him a chance to succeed. I promise you if we was throwing the call around 50-60 times a game like some on here claim we have too, our record would be much much worse.

Honestly if we were a pass first offense with the personnel we have, I swear I think we would be 3-8. I think results of USC, mizzu, Southern miss, and Tennessee games would of been different. With Vandy being a toss up.

With a limited passing attack called, how many throws for scores have we missed this season in throws that a good throwing qb would have completed (heck we missed three yesterday). All those coming against a defense not focusing on the pass. But those games are more exciting if you throw it 50 times no matter outcome right?

skill wise, SJ is a low end fbs qb, and not even a high end fcs qb. Let's remember he is a juco transfer who was going to struggle to get on field at Grambling State, not Bama.

Kid has a heart of a champion.
This is good post. Alot of post last year even talking SJ getting drafted lol. I said, he over throws short passes, way underthrown long passes, but no, I must be a troll. When is the last time you saw SJ hit a WR IN STRIDE on a long pass? None this year, that answer would be last year against UL with juice. I don't know guys, maybe he is hurt but it's just not there this year but I always gave him credit as a winner. His skill set is blah. Hell tebow set RECORDS with 88 passing Td's, and 57 rushing Td's and they said he didn't know how to QB. Won a Heisman in their somewhere. National championship...

Most of the reasonable football or even any sports minds would say that the coaches probably have to deal with the players/team ability to execute the plays they do or don't call.

Let a plus or minus 190 lb qb run the ball more especially someone as valuable as Johnson? You might rethink giving advice or criticizing a coach. It sounds like your 72 yo mother knows more about football than you do. I hope she didn't read your post.

Tavin had one that was also a poor throw.

Harts was somewhat a drop. But also a bad pass that almost got him killed.

Bone bailed him out on a poor throw. That was most of the passing yard for the game
You didn't see 3 balls put right in the receiver's hands that they dropped?

Can't blame the play calling. We got out executed. Georgia did nothing fancy. Just did it right.

We have to find some way to get that talent in here without getting on probation doing it.

We could just be like Ole Miss. they’re still better even on probation.

You didn't see 3 balls put right in the receiver's hands that they dropped?

I saw the two i mentioned. They couldve been caught but were tough catches due to bad throws. Hart nearly lost his life trying to pull one in.

I love his heart, but he wasnt on yesterday. At all. Missed on at least 3 td passes. The miracle Bone catch was all that made his numbers respectable.

Actually hes been inconsistent at best throwing the ball all year. We need better from him.

A coach at the end of the day is only as good as the players execute. Passes yesterday....three drops at least, a what???? Half dozen poor throws. Defense.....missed tackles in the backfield, arm tackles.

As far as 'this miserable coach.....

I didn't see Stephens offer sheet from all these other wondrous coaching minds. Fill us in on the Saban, Leach, Meyer offers.

ADVERTISEMENT