ADVERTISEMENT

Early projections

billoliver40

Senior
Dec 16, 2015
Trenton ky
In some REAL early projections, UK is predicted 4th in the SEC east. They are also slated to go bowling with a 7-5 record.
Same article has Alabama #1, and the kicker...Mississippi State nationally number 10.

• Wow
Reactions: JasonRDunn
I’d be mildly disappointed (not devastated) with 7-5. I think we should win at least 8, hopefully 9, possibly more.

Same here, but after what we could have had in 2020 without covid, I'll not be expecting jack sht next year. We lost a LOT of talented, experienced depth. The new system may take a few games. I'm always gonna be excited for UK football season, but also temper expectations due to the greed of the SEC offices and the quality competition.

If the teams that got the massive benefit of officiating last year get it this year, it's going to be a miserable season to watch football.

The guy who come up with th his was on Finebaum Tuesday I think explaining his reasoning. He was having a hard time justifying State being in top 10, mostly banking on being the 3rd best team in the west. I have no idea how he came up with that, but imo it negates everything he did.

The guy who come up with th his was on Finebaum Tuesday I think explaining his reasoning. He was having a hard time justifying State being in top 10, mostly banking on being the 3rd best team in the west. I have no idea how he came up with that, but imo it negates everything he did.

That "dwelling in relativity" type of prognosticating instead of actually looking at teams head to head and how they improve or step back from the previous year is why I stopped buying preview mags. Stopped bothering to click on their trolling bs.

They have NO CLUE what the teams will look like next year. They just guess based on perceived positions within conferences and relative to the perennially name-dropped teams. That's why the big ten and acc are so inflated in preseason each year. Someone that is 2nd best next to Clemson can still look like SUCK when they play anybody with SEC level skills, size, and depth.

What's worse is that officials DO SEEM to read this and their calls are colored by the perception of a team. Even if it's not drastic, it can be enough to give a favorite for the Natty an additional advantage over someone that may be able to beat them.

They're 8th in ESPN'S Preseason FPI with a projected W/L of 8-4

What's worse is that officials DO SEEM to read this and their calls are colored by the perception of a team. Even if it's not drastic, it can be enough to give a favorite for the Natty an additional advantage over someone that may be able to beat them.

True. There might be ten teams that get the clear benefit of the doubt on Saturdays, but 120 teams clearly don’t.

I’ve watched a lifetime of FB and roundball, and I know of one clear instance of our receiving a very favorable call in FB (negated PI call, 3rd Q, Miss State, 2018). I’ve seen dozens of favorable calls in roundball for UK, and even Higgins’ cheating ass didn’t balance them out.

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
ADVERTISEMENT