ADVERTISEMENT

Early Bowl Projections

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
Athlon’s Projects Music City : Kentucky vs. Nebraska.

Bleacher Report Projects Liberty Bowl: UCF vs. Kentucky.

CBS Sports agrees with the Bleacher Report: UCF vs. Kentucky Liberty Bowl.

USA Today does not project Kentucky bowling.

Last edited:
After going to pretty much every bowl game of the last 20 years, i sat out last season because I was burned the last mcb when we had to play our 2nd unit guys vs iowa's entire first team.

I see both sides but they really need to push deadlines, push ticket reservations back, or something to give the fans a clearer picture of what they are buying.

Given our schedule this year, any bowl is a success imo.

After going to pretty much every bowl game of the last 20 years, i sat out last season because I was burned the last mcb when we had to play our 2nd unit guys vs iowa's entire first team.

I see both sides but they really need to push deadlines, push ticket reservations back, or something to give the fans a clearer picture of what they are buying.

Given our schedule this year, any bowl is a success imo.

Agree 1000%. That MCB was a complete waste of time. I have attended roughly half of UK's recent bowl games, but won't go to another until I have a pretty good feel that we are going to show up with an intact roster. Frankly, same for the other team as well. Who wants to spend a ton of money to see UK walk over a team with 30 players missing - which happened a few years ago to Florida, who got destroyed by Oregon State in a bowl out west, and same for FSU last year in the Sugar Bowl. Was like watching Georgia scrimmage against their scout team. Not interested at all.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
, i sat out last season because I was burned the last mcb

I had a ticket and a ride, but got very ill during the holidays, and missed a great game.

I REALLY want the Reliaquest in Tampa, but it looks unlikely.

Only playoff games/bowls will be played on January 1, 2025, the Reliaquest, and Citrus Bowls are either New Year’s Eve or the Second of January.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Athlon’s Projects Music City : Kentucky vs. Nebraska.

Bleacher Report Projects Liberty Bowl: UCF vs. Kentucky.

CBS Sports agrees with the Bleacher Report: UCF vs. Kentucky Liberty Bowl.

USA Today does not project Kentucky bowling.

Here are some others while looking at this for Louisville. First your USAToday one is from last week.

USA Today - Birmingham Bowl vs GA Tech
Action Network- Texas Bowl vs BYU
ESPN- Birmingham Bowl vs Tulane
ESPN- Music City Bowl vs Iowa
College Football News- Las Vegas Bowl vs Arizona St.
CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm- Liberty Bowl vs UCF
Brad Crawford ( 247) Las Vegas Bowl vs Kansas St.

The way the offense is performing I can't see 6 wins. The offense is terrible! I hope we can make a bowl but it's going to be tough. The Vandy, Auburn and UF games are the keys to the season. We really need to beat all three.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Of the names mentioned ITT, Nebraska is the one that gets me excited. I've never cared about the bowl destination, I can't afford to go so to me it doesn't matter. It's an extra UK game and to me that's enough. If I was any of y'all who go annually, I would definitely wait until I knew what our roster makeup was going to be before committing money to attend.

Selfishly I’d like the music city bowl. Never been to a bowl game and my home office is 30 minutes away. Would be sweet to have my company fly me in for an in office day and just stay an extra day to catch the game. Have my flight/room paid for. Or that is what I would try for anyway.

I'm sorry but with the way some of our future opponents are playing I don't see a 6 win season, and the hope of going to a bowl again with a losing record is pretty disouraging.

Year 12 Top 10 paid Coach, 12 team playoff and the best we can hope for is a Music City Bowl.

No one thinks this is a stunning indictment on this coach and where we are as a program?

No. I think it's a matter of schedule difficulty. Give us Mizzou schedule and the outlook is much different. Put us in the acc and we absolutely challenge for the title.

Here are some others while looking at this for Louisville.

One potential way for some Bowls to survive the playoffs is to become a replacement for some compelling intra-league matchups that might go away.

If Kentucky and Louisville terminate, we could still be paired in a Bowl game.

West Virginia and Pittsburg is a good rivalry: Bowl appearances might replace the regular season backyard brawl.

Surprised some think we’re not making a bowl. Seems dramatic to me. We’ve got Murray and Vandy left. That gets us to four wins.

Then win two of UF/Auburn/Louisville. UF and Auburn are terrible and Louisville is way overrated again plus we own them.

This is why I've been a proponent of scheduling a bowl.

We could play Rutgers in the Mayo bowl in Charlotte between Christmas and New Year's, probably at same time as Louisville basketball game with half the team sitting out

Or, USC in a regular season game at the Coliseum with both teams trying. UCLA in Rose Bowl. Notre Dame. Michigan. Washington. Ohio State. Nebraska. A traditional power in a great stadium

Oh, but we might lose. Oh no, we won't get to go to the Toilet Bowl. Wish for once Mitch would stop money grubbing, not schedule Eastern Michigan, and give the fans a destination.

IMO expanded playoff will eventually KILL alot of bowls. As far as UK goes I have gone to 4 and yet to see us win one, picked wrong ones I guess.
This. Expanded playoffs make bowls pointless. What they need to do when it goes to 16 is to have an NIT tournament of the next 16. Give each winning teams roster (per game in both playoff tournys) a % (say 1-5%) of the TV revenue for that game to encourage players to not opt out and make it pointless

Another pointless bowl game that most players will opt of playing in.

Stoops needs to go!!!

I don't see a 6 win season, and the hope of going to a bowl again with a losing record is pretty disouraging.

The one time we went to bowl game with a
losing record, it proved to be even more discouraging to a ranked NC State team.

I doubt we’d get a bid wth less than six wins, absent a mid-season return of Covid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT