ADVERTISEMENT

Duke's recruiting Insider Edition: Kevin Knox

Nov 3, 2013
Anyone on a boring Wednesday wanted read how badly the Duke's "insiders" missed the boat on Knox. Beautiful, Dukies are scrambling to replace Knox and Frank Jackson if he leaves. Now they're saying Knox is overrated and the kid Jordan Tucker that they're going after now is the better player:joy:

"For those of you that still need, for whatever reason, reassurance on this recruitment... just stop.
lol.gif

It's over."

"Source told me that Knox decided to go to Duke because it will provide him with the best chance to go one and done."

"I have reason to expect Knox to choose Duke.
You can be optimistic that Duke can land 4 of the top 16 players in this class"

"I'm sticking with my pick. Only other chatter I've heard out there is FSU, but would be surprised if he didn't announce for Duke tonight."

I forget the recent Duke trolls on this board.. but one was writing Knox into their roster like a month ago.. even put something like "SF - Kevin Knox (for sure a Duke Commit)"..

I can't remember the last time I was THAT sure about a recruit.. Maybe they'll have learned their lesson..

They're starting to sweat it over Duval. I think he still will most likely end up there, but I love it that he's playing them so hard - retweeting pics of himself in a Zona jersey, dawdling around about an announcement date, the whole visiting, not visiting thing from a few weeks ago.

Now they've supposedly reached out to Brian Bowen, an elite kid who most of the big-time programs have spurned for reasons unknown.

Man I would
Think these kids like Bowen would see how desperate they are and pass.
No one wants to play with shit show Allen.

Reactions: struggler
I forget the recent Duke trolls on this board.. but one was writing Knox into their roster like a month ago.. even put something like "SF - Kevin Knox (for sure a Duke Commit)"..

I can't remember the last time I was THAT sure about a recruit.. Maybe they'll have learned their lesson..

That's never happening.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

To be honest every fanbase has fans who do that. This board has no shortage of those. Zimmerman was scribbled in, Malik Newman was, heck Duke got 2 guys in Kennard and Bolden that many on here was already counting as future commits.

To be honest every fanbase has fans who do that. This board has no shortage of those. Zimmerman was scribbled in, Malik Newman was, heck Duke got 2 guys in Kennard and Bolden that many on here was already counting as future commits.
Newman was the only one that really surprised me. Still kind of shocks me but I'm sure he would choose different if he could do it over, much like Trae Young will probably want to after his college career is over as well.

Duval is a lock to Duke.

Imo they'll get Duval but really need Jackson to come back for depth if they want to compete for a final four. A lineup of only Duval Allen Trent Bolden Carter won't cut it unless some of their lower ranked guys turn out. Jackson is really undersold around this board. He's not the best distributor but he's quick, can hit from anywhere, and has no problem penitrating. Duke needs to go 2 for 2 on both if they want a shot. With only one of them a sweet 16 would be a good year. Without either they will struggle to get a 7 seed.

Duval is a lock to Duke.

Imo they'll get Duval but really need Jackson to come back for depth if they want to compete for a final four. A lineup of only Duval Allen Trent Bolden Carter won't cut it unless some of their lower ranked guys turn out. Jackson is really undersold around this board. He's not the best distributor but he's quick, can hit from anywhere, and has no problem penitrating. Duke needs to go 2 for 2 on both if they want a shot. With only one of them a sweet 16 would be a good year. Without either they will struggle to get a 7 seed.

More great D with Allen and Trent.

honest question
were we as sure about Bolden as they were about Knox?

I do love their tears though

Reactions: treyforuk
First contgrats on getting Knox. I really thought he was going to UNC.Would much rather have him with you than them.I did not think you would get him because of the two other recruits you had.I am member on the DI premium site and am no insider by any means but there are about three guys on that site that have really good information.Two of the three said he was not coming to us for the last three months,so I had given up on him.His decision to UK was totally unexpected but as I said before it is much better y'all than the Evil Kingdom

Reactions: railroadkat_1
They're starting to sweat it over Duval. I think he still will most likely end up there, but I love it that he's playing them so hard - retweeting pics of himself in a Zona jersey, dawdling around about an announcement date, the whole visiting, not visiting thing from a few weeks ago.

Now they've supposedly reached out to Brian Bowen, an elite kid who most of the big-time programs have spurned for reasons unknown.

He's probably holding out for his mother to get a better job than they have offered.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
honest question
were we as sure about Bolden as they were about Knox?

I do love their tears though
That's a good question but I'm going to say no. With Bolden we at least knew going in that momma wanted Duke very badly. With the Knox thing, no one really has a clue but the Duke people felt the need to puff their chest and act like they were the only choice.

That's a good question but I'm going to say no. With Bolden we at least knew going in that momma wanted Duke very badly. With the Knox thing, no one really has a clue but the Duke people felt the need to puff their chest and act like they were the only choice.
fair enough; that's what I thought too
We thought we had a great shot, but, except for a few yahoos, no one "guaranteed" Bolden would be coming here. Unfortunately, some of those guarantees got a bunch of other folks in a dither.

Reactions: jwhite123
ADVERTISEMENT