ADVERTISEMENT

Duke summer trip on channel no one has.

I do find it funny how people still think archaic cable and satellite when watching sports... welcome to the new age... the internet where you can watch everything through a computer.

KMMopCF.jpg

It will be on espn360.com I believe most people have the internet and some sort of cable/streaming provider to get those games.

I do find it funny how people still think archaic cable and satellite when watching sports... welcome to the new age... the internet where you can watch everything through a computer.
ESPN Plus is an add on though.

No one has it cuz its not a channel. Everyone basically can watch it tho. Channels are so 90's.

ESPN trying to use the largest college athletics marketing audience in Duke to drum up subscriptions to their new platform. Decent strategy, not sure if it will work though.

Or not enough viewers to sell advertising to so web only. Funny how our games are on an actual channel. Might imply a larger audience, no?

I was strictly talking from a mainly online marketing standpoint. One tweet and Instagram post from Duke social media accounts hit the eyes of three times as many people as UK accounts (possible more if you consider retweets and such).

Duke has had these games and a show on ESPN before as well. Think they are trying to advertise their new product here.

I was strictly talking from a mainly online marketing standpoint. One tweet and Instagram post from Duke social media accounts hit the eyes of three times as many people as UK accounts (possible more if you consider retweets and such).

Duke has had these games and a show on ESPN before as well. Think they are trying to advertise their new product here.
Guessing the ratings will shut your hole up.

Very scientific study there.

With Duke fans it's always a timeframe or some form of slanted standpoint and/or viewpoint. Always. They are Kentucky Lite. A wanna be, if you will. That's who they are.
What kills the Dukies is that is all they will ever be.....UK Lite...........they are as good as they will ever be and it isn't enough to over take the King of College Basketball.

really?

Not really surprising that Duke has a larger social media following, you either love Kentucky or you hate them, Duke is not at that point. Plenty of fake ass fans around where I live hopped on the Duke bandwagon during the late Tubby days and Billy g days. You all aren't to the level of hatred that Kentucky is at yet.

Did something change on espn.com? I saw several games on ESPN plus this past season watching on espn360.com .
I think ESPN+ is a different service than ESPN3. ESPN3/360.com or whatever you want to call it is free with your cable service, whereas you have to pay extra to access the content on ESPN+.

Did something change on espn.com? I saw several games on ESPN plus this past season watching on espn360.com .
Yes, there is a difference between Watch ESPN and ESPN Plus. It just started a few months ago. I only noticed it because I wanted to watch the Bobby Knight 30 for 30. It was only available on ESPN Plus. My guess is that getting things like the UK-U of L baseball game on Watch ESPN like it was last year are over and you are going to have to pay $5 per month to get them on ESPN Plus.

Or not enough viewers to sell advertising to so web only. Funny how our games are on an actual channel. Might imply a larger audience, no?
Depends on which viewers you want. According to Pew, 61% of people 35 and under cite online/streaming content as their primary source for television. 31% of that same age use television/cable. If you look over age 50, the numbers basically reverse.

Since when does Duke have a fanbase? Duke's fanbase isn't even the top one in their home state.

Duke fans are either graduates or teenagers that want to tick off dad because he's a Tar Heel fan.

Big Blue Nation is a multigenerational fan base that includes probably 75-80% of the 4 million people who live in the Commonwealth.

Plus we also have the graduates that have moved to other states.

There is no way a Duke fan can logically argue that their fanbase, regardless of their success, is anywhere close to as large as BBN. That's just silly.

Depends on which viewers you want. According to Pew, 61% of people 35 and under cite online/streaming content as their primary source for television. 31% of that same age use television/cable. If you look over age 50, the numbers basically reverse.

But the 35 and under crowd can still tune in to the television or watch online when it is on ESPN or SEC Network.

SEC Network games will get more views overall, so your point is moot.

If you don’t think this is entirely about ad dollars you’d be wrong. ESPN knows exactly how many viewers each fan base brings to the table. They’re not guessing when they schedule this stuff.

But the 35 and under crowd can still tune in to the television or watch online when it is on ESPN or SEC Network.

SEC Network games will get more views overall, so your point is moot.

And people who started buying cars still knew how to ride horses for awhile. My point isn’t moot because it’s not a point, it’s a stat.

If ESPN+ wants to draw viewers they need to think in terms of reality tv: broadcast a webcam pointed at Minardi Hall.

And people who started buying cars still knew how to ride horses for awhile. My point isn’t moot because it’s not a point, it’s a stat.

Okay, so you don't have a point to make, that makes more sense.

Carry on throwing random meaningless stats out there.

So until the automobile replaces the horse, who is selling more vehicles- the guy who only sells cars or the guy that sells horses and cars?

We aren't talking about years in the future, we are talking about bball this summer.

ADVERTISEMENT