ADVERTISEMENT

Duke roster...

He can touch the top of the backboard. Not a shot blocker?

When Zion dunks, this happens out of necessity due to stress on the backboard...

200.gif

I’m also willing to bet that when KJ gets in foul trouble, it’s going to be Ashton Hagans on Barrett. I honestly don’t think the height difference will be much of a factor and I will confidently say already Hagans is the best on ball defender in the country.
Agree that Hagans gets that assignment should it turn out that way. Have only been able to watch one of the Bahamas games. Listened to the others on the radio. Has Hagans' defense been that impressive? Sounds good if so. [thumb2]

Last edited:
Reactions: kev69
Agree that Hagans gets that assignment should it turn out that way. Have only been able to watch one of the Bahamas games. Listened to the others in the radio. Has Hagans' defense been that impressive? Sounds good if so. [thumb2]
Kid is a fly on shit that end of the court.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
It's not every year we have a kid who can literally shut someone down. If you told Ashton Hagens that RJ Barrett was going to get at most ten points in a game, he would accomplish that. He would RELISH that assignment. What a weapon.

It would be a battle but no one can shut down RJ that’s for sure. It would take help defense to contain him (Cals words after Candana upset the USA)

It's not every year we have a kid who can literally shut someone down. If you told Ashton Hagens that RJ Barrett was going to get at most ten points in a game, he would accomplish that. He would RELISH that assignment. What a weapon.

nah Duke hasn't had much of a bench for a couple years now. They live off of 5 starters and maybe a 6th guy. Coach K aint so great at judging good bench talent...that's a fact.
Their main weakness is quality bench depth and Zion being fat as fuk.[roll]

It would be a battle but no one can shut down RJ that’s for sure. It would take help defense to contain him (Cals words after Candana upset the USA)
Well the good thing is, Cam Reddish is the one he scorched for 38.

Reactions: Bluesnky
If Barrett is head and shoulders the best player on the court that night then I like Duke. If not, unfortunately I have to say Kentucky.

I’ll take a sophmore Washington over a Freshman Williamson, Richards over Bolden,
Travis over Reddish and I will say that Johnson is equal to Barrett.
What does Duke do about Herro, Hagans, Quickley, Green, Montgomery?

This ain’t some ACC opponent, Duke does not have the players to keep pace with Kentucky.

The game in November will come down to which Freshmen chit their drawers and which ones don't
Maybe but we do have RT, Quade, Richards and PJ who are quite capable. By then we may have Baker as a shooter. Everyone will want to run. I think Duke will get VERY worn down in this game, we won't.

Reactions: kev69
Maybe but we do have RT, Quade, Richards and PJ who are quite capable. By then we may have Baker as a shooter. Everyone will want to run. I think Duke will get VERY worn down in this game, we won't.
If Cals ahole doesn’t tighten like a snare drum and try to slow things down, I absolutely agree we could exhaust Duke fairly quickly.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Once again, like he did with Bagley, K is going to have his 3 Superstars playing straight up Matador defense. Duke won’t get in foul trouble because Duke won’t play defense.

We will score at will against them and they will be completely worn out the final 10 minutes of the game.

My only concern, I saw RJ Barrett single handedly destroy a John Calipari coached team of All Stars once before so I can’t pretend he’s not capable of doing it again. Other then that, I just don’t see how that roster can hang with our 9 deep for 40 minutes.

In all fairness Calipari didn’t have the best team he could put out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT