ADVERTISEMENT

Duke roster...

UKFAN4L

Sophomore
Mar 26, 2009
So Zion, Reddish, Barrett, Jones, Bolden, and O’Connell....do they have any other possible threats coming off the bench? Someone is going to be in foul trouble vs. The Cats game one and that spells trouble for them. We go 10 deep, I’m not worried about foul trouble.

Reactions: MbergCat
I can’t wait to watch Zion attempt to take a charge. 6’7”...285 lbs...45 inch vertical...but Coach K will convince him he is not a shot blocker.

So Zion, Reddish, Barrett, Jones, Bolden, and O’Connell....do they have any other possible threats coming off the bench? Someone is going to be in foul trouble vs. The Cats game one and that spells trouble for them. We go 10 deep, I’m not worried about foul trouble.
Micheal Jordan and Scottie Pippen were a handfull by theirself, those guys up there will be a handfull if they didn't have anyone else, our boys are really good but never underestimate the enemy, especially with the zebras having a big say in it.

Reactions: MEMEBLUE
Micheal Jordan and Scottie Pippen were a handfull by theirself, those guys up there will be a handfull if they didn't have anyone else, our boys are really good but never underestimate the enemy, especially with the zebras having a big say in it.

These guys at Duke aren’t MJ and Scotty.

They are good and we shouldn’t down play that. But to argue that they are as deep as the Cats is wrong too.

I just read a little about DeLaurier and he trained with David Robinson this year. Look for him to be much improved.

I can’t wait to watch Zion attempt to take a charge. 6’7”...285 lbs...45 inch vertical...but Coach K will convince him he is not a shot blocker.
He might have a hard time learning to flop. He probably doesn't feel much contact.

Once again, like he did with Bagley, K is going to have his 3 Superstars playing straight up Matador defense. Duke won’t get in foul trouble because Duke won’t play defense.

We will score at will against them and they will be completely worn out the final 10 minutes of the game.

My only concern, I saw RJ Barrett single handedly destroy a John Calipari coached team of All Stars once before so I can’t pretend he’s not capable of doing it again. Other then that, I just don’t see how that roster can hang with our 9 deep for 40 minutes.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Once again, like he did with Bagley, K is going to have his 3 Superstars playing straight up Matador defense. Duke won’t get in foul trouble because Duke won’t play defense.

We will score at will against them and they will be completely worn out the final 10 minutes of the game.

My only concern, I saw RJ Barrett single handedly destroy a John Calipari coached team of All Stars once before so I can’t pretend he’s not capable of doing it again. Other then that, I just don’t see how that roster can hang with our 9 deep for 40 minutes.

If I remember correctly, a ton of the best players didn't make the trip. So, Cal was without them plus Langford was having back spasms or something. He didn't have the best of the best.

But Barrett looked amazing in that game. He was on fire. He's easily their best player, and the one that concerns me the most. Hope Cal just unleashes KJ on him for the entire game.

If I remember correctly, a ton of the best players didn't make the trip. So, Cal was without them plus Langford was having back spasms or something. He didn't have the best of the best.

But Barrett looked amazing in that game. He was on fire. He's easily their best player, and the one that concerns me the most. Hope Cal just unleashes KJ on him for the entire game.
Losing that game was an embarrassment for Cal and it temporarily screwed his recruiting of that class, there are no excuses he had the far superior roster.

KJ is perfect to defend Barrett but you know just as well as I do that he will be in foul trouble immediately and all game. He’s too aggressive and will be too amped to defend Barrett to stay out of trouble.

Ultimately, I just can’t see Duke’s 4 guys outplaying our 9 though. I honestly think we want it a lot more then they do.

Losing that game was an embarrassment for Cal and it temporarily screwed his recruiting of that class, there are no excuses he had the far superior roster.

KJ is perfect to defend Barrett but you know just as well as I do that he will be in foul trouble immediately and all game. He’s too aggressive and will be too amped to defend Barrett to stay out of trouble.

Ultimately, I just can’t see Duke’s 4 guys outplaying our 9 though. I honestly think we want it a lot more then they do.

That's so true. I didn't even think about this. KJ is going to come out like a Tazmanian Devil and get 2 fouls really quick. This should be K's game plan too. Get KJ out of the game and then let RJ go to town. Now you got me worried...PJ better learn to guard the small forward position!

Reactions: KentuckyCat420

Barrett did look amazing in that game, I've heard about it a gazillion times, but did he play like that in any other games? Did he become a legend just on that one performance alone? I know he's a phenomenal player, but did he dominate any other games where the opponent wasn't made up of average high school players?

We seem to have some that keep trying to convince themselves that every other team sucks. I’m not sure if they do it to make themselves feel better, or they’re really that delusional.

Duke, Kansas, Gonzaga, Tennessee, Nevada, and UNC will all be really good.

HEY MAN.....Auburn too...

@denimvest or whatever his name is...

That's so true. I didn't even think about this. KJ is going to come out like a Tazmanian Devil and get 2 fouls really quick. This should be K's game plan too. Get KJ out of the game and then let RJ go to town. Now you got me worried...PJ better learn to guard the small forward position!
I’m also willing to bet that when KJ gets in foul trouble, it’s going to be Ashton Hagans on Barrett. I honestly don’t think the height difference will be much of a factor and I will confidently say already Hagans is the best on ball defender in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT