ADVERTISEMENT

Duke lovefest so obvious on ESPN

swept-under-rug.jpg

Don't worry, bud, it's coming. I see us beating them by 15+ unless the zebras step in and intervene.

And don't think that won't happen. I expect Hagans to have 2 fouls and on the bench by the 9 minute mark of the 1st half. I still think we beat them by 9 pts, refs and all.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Duke is going to win. I think UK fans will be surprised Duke will shoot it much better than expected.

We will beat them by 25 but Zion will have 2 or 3 sick dunks and be all over ESPN and they will only talk Duke's potential for March [sick]

Don't worry, bud, it's coming. I see us beating them by 15+ unless the zebras step in and intervene.
If the FBI really wanted to look into crime/corruption in NCAA BB, let them investigate the refs. Look at their taxes; check for large $$ transfers; question their close relatives (who may actually place the bets for them). Jordan's quote, "The roof is the ceiling", a clear reference to Higgins the Roofer who eliminated UK to pave the way for uncheat's title. Crooked as hell.

Go Cats!!

If the FBI really wanted to look into crime/corruption in NCAA BB, let them investigate the refs. Look at their taxes; check for large $$ transfers; question their close relatives (who may actually place the bets for them). Jordan's quote, "The roof is the ceiling", a clear reference to Higgins the Roofer who eliminated UK to pave the way for uncheat's title. Crooked as hell.

Go Cats!!
I knew about this quote but never realized that was what he was referring to. One thing is for sure, though, we got flat out ****ed out of a chance for a national title in 2017. We sure have some stubborn and ignorant "fans" that still claim we should've won that game regardless and that the officiating didn't cause us to lose that game. Would like to pick those "fans" up and shake the shit out of them. You know, maybe shake some sense into them. The epitome of ignorance IMO.

Highlight reel dunks typically come on breakaways. Look, I know Zion is freakishly athletic, but I just don't see a 285 pound dude outhustling anyone as the game wears on and your defenders have several inches on you. 285 pounds of muscle takes a lot of energy. Not sure why he isn't playing football.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Let me walk it back a bit I didn’t like how that first post came out. I really felt Kentucky would win this game earlier in the year, and I believed this because I felt Kentucky was the deeper more we’ll rounded team. And as many posters have stated in the past, this didn’t appear to be your typical Duke team that could beat you from deep. But, from the scrimmages I’ve seen, including Canada, Zion and RJ Barrett, they look much improved from three point range. We already know Cam can shoot it. If Zion and RJ have actually developed into legitimate threats from three then that’s a combination that is very difficult to stop. Nobody saw Justice Winslow shooting as well as he did and that opened his game significantly.

I’m not going to say Duke is going to win, I got a little beside myself and I have more respect for Kentucky than that, but from what I’ve seen, I feel a lot more confident.

I knew about this quote but never realized that was what he was referring to. One thing is for sure, though, we got flat out ****ed out of a chance for a national title in 2017. We sure have some stubborn and ignorant "fans" that still claim we should've won that game regardless and that the officiating didn't cause us to lose that game. Would like to pick those "fans" up and shake the shit out of them. You know, maybe shake some sense into them. The epitome of ignorance IMO.
I'll add that the wife's Dad and step Dad are both with this line of thinking and it drives me crazy, absolutely crazy. I realize they're old school and don't like making excuses and all but damn, come on. It was painfully obvious to me while watching that game.

Then, naturally, this causes the wife to get behind their opinions and it makes me just wanna bang my head against the wall or something similar, repeatedly. :chairshot:

Last edited:
Let me walk it back a bit I didn’t like how that first post came out. I really felt Kentucky would win this game earlier in the year, and I believed this because I felt Kentucky was the deeper more we’ll rounded team. And as many posters have stated in the past, this didn’t appear to be your typical Duke team that could beat you from deep. But, from the scrimmages I’ve seen, including Canada, Zion and RJ Barrett, they look much improved from three point range. We already know Cam can shoot it. If Zion and RJ have actually developed into legitimate threats from three then that’s a combination that is very difficult to stop. Nobody saw Justice Winslow shooting as well as he did and that opened his game significantly.

I’m not going to say Duke is going to win, I got a little beside myself and I have more respect for Kentucky than that, but from what I’ve seen, I feel a lot more confident.

So Rj and Zion have shot well in scrimmages against the duke walk ons.
Ya, that is a good indicator for how they will shoot this season.
I can see why your confidence is sky high.
Now go eat a bag of dicks.

Highlight reel dunks typically come on breakaways. Look, I know Zion is freakishly athletic, but I just don't see a 285 pound dude outhustling anyone as the game wears on and your defenders have several inches on you. 285 pounds of muscle takes a lot of energy. Not sure why he isn't playing football.
Why play a sport without guaranteed contracts and more injuries when you’re pretty damn good at basketball and the money is better

The Cats are gonna whip your fraudulent, cheating asses. Remember this. Write it down. Then watch.

Did my "wanna wager" statement make you think twice? [laughing]

Why play a sport without guaranteed contracts and more injuries when you’re pretty damn good at basketball and the money is better

Oh, you're right about that. I'm just speaking to his body type. I just don't see him being that great at the next level in basketball. He's Chane Behanan on steroids (so to speak). And I don't see his knees lasting running and jumping continuously at 285+.

Reactions: shaudyshaud

Zion was literally wide open with no defender near him in those weak scrimmages you played. He wont be open against UK and hes not a good three point shooter

Please God let it happen. Zion standing around the perimeter shooting threes.

Oh, you're right about that. I'm just speaking to his body type. I just don't see him being that great at the next level in basketball. He's Chane Behanan on steroids (so to speak). And I don't see his knees lasting running and jumping continuously at 285+.
I think he will be very good in college because he is more physical than most of the guys he will go up against .

I agree with you at the next level though he has a lot of question marks position wise and every team you face will be just as athletic so he’s definitely gonna have to prove he has somewhat of a solid jumper .

ADVERTISEMENT