ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Insider Andrew Slater Just Changed Pick For Bolden To UK

:weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary:
Bolden's ours. Bet on it. Johnny 26 says take that to the bank.

Fox
Monk
Willis
Bam
Bolden

Briscoe
Killeya Jones
Gabriel
Humphries
Hawkins
Mathews
Mulder
Wynyard

BOO YAH!!!!!!!!

#Domination

#ItsOn

#BringIt
Stop it just stop it! These projected lineups are garbage. They never work out the way anyone anticipated just stop! For the love of God stop!

he's proven he's a terrible defender

you've proven to be a terrible agenda-driven poster

no shot willis starts or is in the top 6 on the team in mpg

If we get Briscoe back and Bolden comes, then I expect Willis to be seventh on the mpg list behind Fox, Monk, Briscoe, Adebayo, Bolden, and Gabriel.

If we lose Briscoe and Bolden, then he definitely cracks the top six.

I hope you guys learn your lesson from Skal..the savior of our bigs this year...how did that turn out. You guys are already doing it with Bam and Jones and Gabriel. They may be great they may be average...who knows. WILLIS is proven commodity...he should and will start

You need to go back and watch and see some tape if you are comparing skal to those we have coming in. Every class that Cal has brought in has been different than the ones before them. Skal is not the same player as bam or wenyen. Skal is not a strong as the new guys coming in.

As for Willis. Does it matter if he starts or not? He will probably some but the most important thing for any player is to get in that 7-8 man rotation. Willis has a great shot of doing so but must improve his D. He benefitted this past season from poy injury and skal/lee lack of production. He may not get that same luxury if he is still a shooter and not a complete player. He has improved tremendously but still needs to bring it on both sides to sure up his spot.

We have the makings of a great defensive squad, but there is some concern about knocking down the outside shot.

Willis will play to the degree that we need someone to come in and open up the floor.

Of course we are getting way ahead of ourselves. Without Bolden, Bam will likely spend more time as a "5." This would probably mean more floor time for Willis.

Willis could also improve on D.

Lots of variables. This time last year, we were wondering who would emerge between Mulder and Matthews.

Willis is knock down shooter and automatic from the line...defense lacking??? Yes sir it sure is but he rebounds and runs floor great...cant be great at it all

he's proven he's a terrible defender

you've proven to be a terrible agenda-driven poster

no shot willis starts or is in the top 6 on the team in mpg

A lot of folks had to eat those words last year. Hopefully you'll be around for a large helping of crow if Willis gets called on to start again.
@ulismyman is a Willis fanboi (does anyone miss that guy?) but he's not alone. You can call me one too. Derek improved a lot last year all the way around. Anyone who won't admit that is a hater.
The coaches saw it and that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamal Mercer
Willis is the only reliable shooter on the entire roster, and not just a reliable shooter but a damn good one. He's also a very underrated rebounder. If he's not in the Top 6 in minutes played and an integral part of next year's team then we will not be nearly as good as we should be

I still believe Cal cost us the Indiana game by giving all of Willis' minutes to Marcus Lee who was absolutely putrid in that game.

Yea, what the hell did i do??? Im not gonna let people rip on Willis after year he had

Get your panties out a bunch Francis. Just because someone says that they think Willis may be a starter, does not mean they are ripping him. I think I even said he should get a lot of playing time. Whether he starts or not, I think he will be in the main rotation. After bolden commits and briscoe comes back, Willis will be one of the players fighting for that four spot. I think he gets beat out due to his defensive playing. He will come in provide a energy off of the bench and stretch the other teams D. That is not knocking him or ripping him.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Willis is the only reliable shooter on the entire roster, and not just a reliable shooter but a damn good one. He's also a very underrated rebounder. If he's not in the Top 6 in minutes played and an integral part of next year's team then we will not be nearly as good as we should be

I still believe Cal cost us the Indiana game by giving all of Willis' minutes to Marcus Lee who was absolutely putrid in that game.

Willis wasn't 100% yet; use your brain, dude. Ankles are tough to come back from quickly; they affect your lateral movement, and really affect the shot of an outside shooter.

Yep, we lost, so it must be someone's fault - and that someone is the coach. No way we can just say the other team played better and deserved to win. Nope, finger has to be pointed......

Actually Miller shouldn't have started since MKG was at his position and Lamb was better as a sg.

On whose terms should he start? He should play a pivotal part this season but Cal will do what's best. Crap Miller should have started but we saw how that worked out with him his senior season. Oh wait he was one of the best coming off of the bench playing big all season.

Willis will play a big role in the rotation whether starting or coming off of the bench. The word "should" doesn't really matter to Cal.

If Willis isn't in the top 6 than that means the other 6 guys haven't played above and beyond of what we all thought which is a good thing. Personally I'm willing to bet Willis either starts it Bolden isn't signed or is the 6th man if Bolden is signed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT