ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Insider Andrew Slater Just Changed Pick For Bolden To UK

Luol Deng is better than any SF UK has ever produced...lets not get too cocky.

I really hope Wall, Boogie and Davis don't waste away on mediocre teams for their entire career.

Winning championships/being clutch in the Playoffs is what separates "good players" from "great players".
Prince, who won an NBA title and a gold medal, crushes that argument! Come on, Dookie....surely, you can do better!

Hawkins started out of scholarship from my understanding so he wouldn't be eligible to go off and remain on the team. That is not permitted. If so, it would happen all the time. Someone would have to leave.

Happen all the time? Are you serious? How many of these kids families' can afford 20K fa
Luol Deng is better than any SF UK has ever produced...lets not get too cocky.

I really hope Wall, Boogie and Davis don't waste away on mediocre teams for their entire career.

Winning championships/being clutch in the Playoffs is what separates "good players" from "great players".

Dude, we all caught on to you a while back. You can drop the fake UK fan bit.

Prince, who won an NBA title and a gold medal, crushes that argument! Come on, Dookie....surely, you can do better!
I hate how insecure our fan base is, are we really going to compare Tayshaun to Luol Deng? Tay Tay happened to play on a great Pistons team with no individual superstar but with a lot of great contributors like Chauncey, Rip, Rasheed, etc

Deng is the 4th best SF if the playoffs right now behind Kawhi, PG13 and LeBron according to PER.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/sf/seasontype/3

Prince never made an All-Star team and Mashburn has only one All-Star appearance.

Deng is a 2x All Star who's peaking right now.

I hate how insecure our fan base is, are we really going to compare Tayshaun to Luol Deng? Tay Tay happened to play on a great Pistons team with no individual superstar but with a lot of great contributors like Chauncey, Rip, Rasheed, etc

Deng is the 4th best SF if the playoffs right now behind Kawhi, PG13 and LeBron according to PER.

Prince never made an All-Star team and Mashburn has only one All-Star appearance.

Peaking right now? Do you really believe this? The dude averaged 18 and 7 in his 3rd year and is down to 12 and 6 at age 31. If you're going to argue stupid things at least don't be an idiot.

Remind us again who shut down Kobe in the 2004 Finals as a second year pro. Or how about Allen Iverson and T Mac the year before, in the 2003 playoffs, as a rookie? Do you remember any of that or did you conveniently forget?! Just curious. [eyeroll]

Last edited:

Please, keep posting! You are comedic gold, Duhon!

Deng couldn't hold Mashburn's jock strap. Deng is on the downside of his career. He's hardly peaking. You seriously need to bend over and pull your head out of your Dukie ass.
Deng isn't even sniffing Mashburn's level. That dude could have been a HOF'er if injuries hadn't riddled his career.

What a dufus lol !! Mash Vs Deng is not even close, next thing you will be saying is Ole "honest" Roy and Pitino knew nothing about all the fraud and scandals at their schools, makes about as much since !

Someone just grab a magic 8 ball, shake it and decide once and for all if he's coming to UK.

Define "better"? Mash and Tay have a combined 1 All-Star appearance while Deng is a 2x All-Star.

Lets compare their career numbers:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/denglu01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mashbja01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/princta01.html

eFG%
Deng: 48.6%
Prince: 48.3%
Mashburn: 45.6%

Rebounds Per Game
Deng: 6.2
Mashburn: 5.4
Prince: 4.3

Total Win Shares
Deng: 72.3
Prince: 63.1
Mashburn: 43.7

Offensive/Defensive Box Score +/-
Deng: 1.1
Mashburn: 0.2
Prince: 0.1

Value over Replacement Player (VORP)
Deng: 22.6
Prince: 16.6
Mashburn: 12.3

Mash was a better offensive player than Deng slightly but he's a much worse defender. Tayshaun was honestly never as good as Deng as a scorer or a rebounder.
If only there were a board where posters would welcome such sustained effort to make the case that a Duke player was better than a Wildcat player. I know one place that is NOT welcome. Here.

Dan Issel scored 27,482 pts in his career. Only missed 15 games. Known as the "Horse" because of his durability. In his 6 seasons in ABA he lead the league in scoring 3 times. Although only one all star appearance with Nuggets, he would be a household name had he played for Boston, L.A. Etc. anywY my point is I would consider him top 25 all time.

I actually think Shane Battier would be in the mix as an all-time greatest if he hadn't been born with his brain on the outside of his skull.

battier-wrinkly-head.jpg

On other fans posing as part of the BBN, my thoughts for you are this:

There's a man who leads a life of danger
To everyone he meets he stays a stranger
With every move he makes
Another chance he takes
Odds are he won't live to see tomorrow.

source:

Reactions: Bkocats and Nuke99m
I would pose as a UK fan if I was a Duke fan too. I would want to know what being a winner felt like.

I'd take Mercer over Deng as well. Very short NBA career but he was worlds better than Deng. Dude was an absolute stud at UK. Speaking of Mercer....[banana]

Come on man! I've heard Dookies claim that Grant Hill would have accomplished as much as Kobe if he hadn't gotten injured. Compared to your claim that Mash would have been a HOFer, that almost sounds logical...

Look, you guys can hate me as much as you want but I just want our fans to stop touting our NBA dominance with our current crop of NBA players when they haven't accomplished a whole lot yet. We start looking like fools if we compare our NBA players to those of UNCheat's or UCLA's when UK has never produced a truly iconic NBA player (Top 25 All-Time).
Don't use words such as we and our because you are not part of the Big Blue Nation. Wall, Davis, Towns and Boogie are all franchise type players that Cal brought into the league and it time some or all of them will become Iconic players. However there are many solid players from Uk that may have long fruitful careers as well such as Randle, Booker, Knight, Teague, Lyles, Bledsoe, WCS, Ulis, Murray and others that Cal has brought to the NBA on a short period when for years there were just a few journeyman players from UK.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Doesn't work that way. A recruited basketball player can't go to walk on status and give up his scholarship for a new recruit. Only option is someone transferring or going pro. No other option!!!

QUOTE="pharm727, post: 4502262, member: 7152"]I think Cal should offer Bolden a scholarship, if Lee and Briscoe come back ask Hawkins to walk on.
[/QUOTE]
I keep seeing this repeated, but I don't see how it can be true...scholarships are annual contracts. If that's the case how can the NCAA force a school to renew a player? I think the rule is you can't go off scholarship then back on. I'm pretty sure that's what the rule once was, though it may've changed in the last 8 or 10 years?

ADVERTISEMENT