ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Insider Andrew Slater Just Changed Pick For Bolden To UK

UK is where the kid wants to be IMO. If it was Duke, they have scholly available. Right now, UK doesn't. That is the stall. (plus no kid wants to disappoint his parents.) When UK has the slot, the recruiting is over for him.

Where do you get this from?

Please provide a link or screen shot or something. I would like to share with some friends but I see no evidence of this

Where do you get this from?

Please provide a link or screen shot or something. I would like to share with some friends but I see no evidence of this

Just google Marques Bolden Crystal Ball

Cannot link from my phone

Darryl

Wait wait.. what's the news with Briscoe? I was under the impression he was coming back. Is he testing the draft waters with Lee??

Wait wait.. what's the news with Briscoe? I was under the impression he was coming back. Is he testing the draft waters with Lee??

image_zpskewskx6g.jpeg

Serious question: What is the diff between Skal and Briscoe in potential ? Skal getting lottery projections with a weak UK showing. Briscoe was putting up an effort @UK. Really confusing.

Serious question: What is the diff between Skal and Briscoe in potential ? Skal getting lottery projections with a weak UK showing. Briscoe was putting up an effort @UK. Really confusing.
Skal is insanely talented . Kid could be a top 10 big man in the NBA in 5 years as he can do it all except play with toughness . Briscoe is a guard who hasn't proven he can make a shot and worse ( much worse IMO ) is he hasn't proven he can make a free throw . it is one thing not to be able to make a 3 well as there are a decent number of pg who cannot shot great from 3 in the nba but they make 70% from the line . Also he isn't a great athlete . Briscoe can come back and as long as he shoots like he did his senior year in HS ( 35/72% respectively ) he will be a top 25 pick next season.

Adam Rowe just changed his also. That's Slater and Rowe both.

The Duke guys on there, Slater, Rowe, and Lykins, (Though Lykins still has his pick for Duke, at least at the time of this post.) are usually some of the more reliable guys on the site. So...that's somewhat reassuring. Here's hoping they're actually hearing something, and not just going out on a whim because he hasn't just went ahead and picked Duke yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: KWilt43atbuzz
If we beat Duke for Bolden I think it's a very good sign for 2017. I think next year is the year were going to beat out Duke for the top recruits that we both want. Bamba and Diallo for starters.

Reactions: will1976
You lie. You've said the exact opposite plenty of times lmao.

Sticking up for a Dookie is not in my job description, but I will this time. He was saying UK until several Duke insiders had flipped their picks to Duke and it looked like a done deal. Don't recall him actually predicting him to Duke, just rolling with the big swing. But I do recall him saying he thought it would be UK prior to that.

Reactions: UKvisitor
If we beat Duke for Bolden I think it's a very good sign for 2017. I think next year is the year were going to beat out Duke for the top recruits that we both want. Bamba and Diallo for starters.
I think we have been getting the guys we want anyway . You never get them all but UK has been out recruiting everyone including Duke since Cal got here . Duke has done great the last 2 years but UK's run is insane. Duke has an amazing class but with Bolden this is UK's best class ever as Monk , Fox , Bam and Gabriel will all be lotto picks next season and Bolden and SKJ will be top 20 picks the following year.

To be fair, was it "over" when they originally flipped to Duke? Don't get me wrong, I hope their current "Bolden to UK" pics turn out to be the final result, but who's to say they can't flip again before things are all said and done?
No but things change in recruiting and from what Adam is saying on the duke board it's over.

ADVERTISEMENT