ADVERTISEMENT

Duke has the POY, Defensive POY and Rookie of the Year.....

Oof, with all that you'd think they'd have won more games. I saw this morning that ESPN has Duke at #8 in their power rankings and UK #10.

and still finished 3rd in the ACC. :joy::joy:
With, by far, the easiest conference schedule. They only had to play UVA, FSU and UL once each and got UL and FSU at home. They got UVA on the road. Went 1-2 against those 3 teams.

They have early exit written all over them. Anyone with front court depth that can check Vernon Carey, will knock them out.

So look for the NCAA to keep that in mind when they’re doing their brackets.

Actually, they only finished a game behind the 1st place team, but tiebreakers have them 4th. I think we can all agree that Duke underachieved a little since February. However, I think a lot of preseason people had them losing 6 or 7 games this season. They are right on that number.

We'll see which Duke team shows up during the NCAA tournament. I can see them in the sweet 16.

Actually, they only finished a game behind the 1st place team, but tiebreakers have them 4th. I think we can all agree that Duke underachieved a little since February. However, I think a lot of preseason people had them losing 6 or 7 games this season. They are right on that number.

We'll see which Duke team shows up during the NCAA tournament. I can see them in the sweet 16.
Forecasters had no idea the ACC was going to be as bad as it is though.
They had UNC as a top 10 team, so that should tell you just how far off they were.
Not only that, but I doubt the forecasters had duke losing to Wake, NCSU and Clemson. Those are bad losses in a regular year, but this year, they are embarrassing losses.

This is sad but typical for the ACC. Duke is their flagship - especially with UNCheat sucking azz this season. Tre Jones is an avg player who hustles (POY? look at his offensive numbers - AVERAGE Carey's are overall better and more efficient). He gets a TON of calls and non calls in the ACC. A guard with speed will eat him alive if he cannot grab or reach in. If I am playing vs Duke and Duke needs to make a buzzer beater last shot - I want Tre Jones to shoot it - almost guaranteed miss if not air ball.

The ACC/ESPiN/Bilas attempts to control the narrative and prop up Duke is Hunger Games worthy with President K/Snow at the helm.

Last edited:
So Jones finished 4th in All-ACC voting but wins POY? Vernon Carey has the most votes for All-ACC but doesn’t win POY because Duke nominated Tre Jones for the award but not Carey? Seems really bizarre.

Reactions: struggler

They’ve underachieved for four years and counting now. Only reason they did anything in 2015 was because they literally didn’t play even one team that even had a remotely close chance to beat them until the title game. You give them UK’s path that year and they never even make the FF.

Duke always has good teams with some top recruits. But the hype is way out of reality and fooled even me thinking they had dominated the ACC the past decade. It is not true of course nor would there be any rational explanation for why they should be seeded ahead of the Acc teams that finished the conference above them.

Duke always has good teams with some top recruits. But the hype is way out of reality and fooled even me thinking they had dominated the ACC the past decade. It is not true of course nor would there be any rational explanation for why they should be seeded ahead of the Acc teams that finished the conference above them.

Like last year when UK was seeded ahead of LSU, or the year before that when UK was seeded above Florida?

Like last year when UK was seeded ahead of LSU, or the year before that when UK was seeded above Florida?
Lol dude just stop. Your program doesn’t even compare to UK. It hasn’t ever in the past, doesn’t now and never will. Better savor these last few years of K, instead of posting on a UK board. After he’s done, duke will follow suit.

EDIT: duke hasn’t even won at least a share of the conference title in over a decade.

Lol dude just stop. Your program doesn’t even compare to UK. It hasn’t ever in the past, doesn’t now and never will. Better savor these last few years of K, instead of posting on a UK board. After he’s done, duke will follow suit.

I’ll just hop to another bandwagon. No skin off my back.

Duke hasn't won an outright ACC title since 2006
Bingo. Duke is always a top 15 team but rarely THE team in the ACC despite having the talent far surpassing everyone else. I will say though this season Duke is a 2 man team. If you get either Jones or Carey in foul trouble OR either is off you beat Duke . They have been better the last 2 games as the Admiral's son has stepped up and been a surprise. Guys like Matthew Hurt have been very underwhelming .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT