ADVERTISEMENT

Duke at UNC: Who You Got, Who You Rooting For?

Usually I root for Unc over duke. Living in NC, duke fans are much more obnoxious. That said, duke winning boasts out rpi. So. Go. Duke. [sick]

I always root for whatever helps Kentucky more. in this case it is Duke because a number one seed is still within our reach

I assume by "got" you mean you believe UNC will win. It's another real tough one for us UK fans, but I'll pull for Duke here. At least this time. Maybe if UNC ever comes clean and admits what they did I'll pull for them again someday.

Won't watch it. Some seasons I find a way to hope for a certain outcome, but this year I just can't find a reason to hope for either to win. I will just enjoy the fact that one of them has to lose.

Surely Carolina can beat Duke this year. They've kept their players around for eternity, they have all the depth and experience while Duke is down a guy with a thin rotation. Their seniors are 1-5 vs Duke and Roy is 3-10 vs Duke since their 2009 NCAA title. They've got to be chomping at the bit for this one.

I think its a competitive game but Heels win it by 8-12 points. It's just their turn imo.

What am I rooting for? A look outside the stadium..

images

Duke.

Helps our RPI.

No way I ever pull for UNC. That program and university is a fraud.

I wouldn't root for Duke if they were playing ISIS. Go Heels. UNC doesn't play great defense so any team always has a chance when playing them.
Like to see Duke lose tonight AND Saturday in the Yum.

In the modern tournament era since 1986, Duke has won 5 national championships, been to 12 Final Fours and 22 Sweet 16s.

UK, in comparison, has won 3 national championships, been to 8 Final Fours and 17 Sweet 16s.

I know UK has been a historically better program but it was easier to win titles back in the 1940s and 1950s and one must always weigh modern history heavier when evaluating programs

Just my 2 cents.

I would like to think that most agree with me and not you because history matters

I wouldn't root for Duke if they were playing ISIS. Go Heels. UNC doesn't play great defense so any team always has a chance when playing them.
Like to see Duke lose tonight AND Saturday in the Yum.

LOL well neither does Duke this year so I guess that means we'll see a helluva lot of points on the board tonight. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: traditionally though UNC has not guarded the 3 ball all that well. It use to always be their kryptonite.

I think many people across the nation will be pulling for Duke, even if they never thought that was possible, only because of what disgusting, historical cheats UNC is.

And Duke absolutely has had UNCs number for a long, long time. Duke has won 10 of the last 13, which is the same as Kentucky/Louisville in the last 13, and I think everyone knows who has been dominating that rivalry:) Duke is something like 27 of the last 39 against UNC. That's pretty one sided. When you talk about having someones number, I don't think you are going back to wins from 1920.

Duke doing well helps us.
UNC is within reach, and them losing helps us. Duke is the clear Cat pick here.

Not sold on Duke's last two not-as-impressive-as-you-think wins.. I still think there's a chance they can botch the rest of the season up and miss the tourney. UNCx2, @UofL and @Pitt.. Duke could very easily be looking at 10 losses, maybe more. Or they could have pulled it around.

On the other hand, we have a shot at the #1 seed, and we'd need UNC to lose a few. Would be nice if they lost twice to Duke to get them down to 6+ losses.

Close, but still want Duke to lose.

I'd prefer Duke this year, but think UNC will stomp them. We had a fairly easy time with Duke (plus Jefferson) and UNC has less skilled guards than us but more skilled bigs at this point. I don't see Plumlee doing anything and UNC is more athletic top to bottom leading me to believe they are capable of playing very good defense compared to Duke. Since this is a rivalry game I expect UNC to play better defense than normal and for their bigs to dominate and win by 8+.

Untill UNC pays for decades of cheating, I hope they lose every game. Having said that, I think UNC beats them handily tonight. Rooting for Duke, but think the Holes win.

Reactions: Jazzycat
In my earlier post, I didn't say who I thought would win. I would be very shocked if Duke won in CH this year, without Jefferson. They have been owning the cheaters the last few years, so I think the Tar Holes will be loaded for bear. I predict a 15-20 pt win.

This is like trying to decide to root for communism or Isis I have no idea who to root for

No it doesn't. NC leads the all time series. Whoever has had the better team wins the vast majority of the time. This year UNCheat is a legitimate top ten team, Duke is borderline top 25.

What makes UNC so legitimate? They have ONE really good win- beating Maryland in Chapel Hill. Their next best win-> Syracuse.

ADVERTISEMENT