ADVERTISEMENT

Duke “Lock” Josiah James Cancels Duke Visit, Announcing This Week As CBs All Trend Clemson

I’m sure he’s just trying to figure out how he’s going to let the other guys know he’s going to attend puke. I hope he has some cool trick he can do and enjoys celion dion.

I think a few things
First RAtface s very old school and Bobby knight syndrome the inability to change with the game is setting in

Second The writing is in the wall RAtface career is almost over and no one knows exactly when and these guys don’t want to chance

Three all the negative press but carters mom sulimon other’s hace finally caught up

Really think there’s a good chance Duke goes the way of Indiana or UCLA after K retired.
I hope that’s what happens and then ESPN will cease to exist . With out Pork Belly Capel and his dirty tactics Rat Face is losing his advantages

Ia ctually don't believe recruits are afraid to go there because of a possible retirement. They're only there for 1 year, maybe 2. And there's no chance K is letting it leak that he might retire. He'll sooner screw over a recruiting class than going into a season without players.

Reactions: shadowman4
Duke probably won't need multiple guards in the class with the guys they'll bring back. They're looking to add Anthony and that's probably it. These other guys going elsewhere might be a sign of where Duke stands with him.

Ia ctually don't believe recruits are afraid to go there because of a possible retirement. They're only there for 1 year, maybe 2. And there's no chance K is letting it leak that he might retire. He'll sooner screw over a recruiting class than going into a season without players.
I think the thought here is that K is telling these kids that retirement within the next year or two is a possibility. It's the right thing to do.

There are some people over on the duke board that are thinking this could be true and you can tell they are a bit concerned.

Most of them are fake fans anyway. Once K is gone and they fall into an abyss, most of their fanbase will go find the next hot program.

I think K waited too long, the one coach that could have come in and won in impressive fashion, Brad Stevens, is making hay in the league and isn't coming back to college ball.

Looks like Capel could get that job and that is funny to think about.

I think a few things
First RAtface s very old school and Bobby knight syndrome the inability to change with the game is setting in

Second The writing is in the wall RAtface career is almost over and no one knows exactly when and these guys don’t want to chance

Three all the negative press but carters mom sulimon other’s hace finally caught up
English much? Are you totally drunk? Dunstinisalive?

Last edited:
Duke probably won't need multiple guards in the class with the guys they'll bring back. They're looking to add Anthony and that's probably it. These other guys going elsewhere might be a sign of where Duke stands with him.

People feel pretty strongly about Jones being a multi-year player. But I'm not so sure. Top10 guy, his brother left after one year. His entire team will be gone after this season.

Duke does play with a shallow roster, but Coach K can't be sure Jones won't bolt. He needs another guy to accompany Anthony, maybe two more guys. And if he misses on SF's, he may need a 2nd SG to move into that spot.

Lot of forwards/centers in this class and Maxey, Lewis, Mannion, Antoine and Green are out of the picture.. Here's who is left for guards and swing players for Duke (I'll assume they get Anthony, for now):

18th ranked Wendell Moore.

...after that Duke has to dip into the sub-25 for guards and SFs.

If you ask me, Duke's "reign" is over. They are no longer a threat after this year because they simply can't replace nearly enough of what they will lose. No Capel, FBI warning, Coach K's age. It's over.

The real question now is, how many years can Calipari capitalize on a landscape without Coach K. With Kansas being Kansas, and Duke looking over a cliff, now is the time to get a few Final4's maybe a title or two, before Cal moves on.

I think Duke goes after Mike white down in florida and they won’t be the Duke we know and hate but they’ll still be good.
I think this is correct. Duke will be a top 20 team regardless . They will get a good coach . Sure they might make a wrong hire and for 2 years suck like UK did with BCG but that will be fixed quickly and Duke will be good again.

Reactions: Duke Blu
I think this is correct. Duke will be a top 20 team regardless . They will get a good coach . Sure they might make a wrong hire and for 2 years suck like UK did with BCG but that will be fixed quickly and Duke will be good again.
Why?

But the treatment will die. That's the main thing. I don't care if Duke grabbed a top5 coach.. whoever it is won't have the clout. Seeding should go back to normal, Calls will be fair.

If Duke had any other coach, they would have never gotten a bracket in 2015 with a bunch of Mid-majors and two schools from Iowa. It would have been more balanced, and Kentucky probably gets a title. That's the difference.. not whether or not Duke is still good, but finally ending this non-sense treatment that K gets, which screws over everyone else.

I think this guy, and maybe others, are looking at Bolden and they know he's coming back another season, and they think that by the time he's a junior Bolden might be able to walk and chew gum. So, he's thinking he doesn't want any competition at all. He may also think that the venerable (vulnerable?) Coach K may be on the way out soon. If something doesn't change, I'm predicting Coach K may be in need of (a fainting spell on the sideline) some time off come fall of 2019- because he's got nothing coming back after the "top 3" all bolt.

The obvious question is it related to the weather situation there?
James' official visit to Duke WAS scheduled for Sept. 27, so I'm not sure what the weather is supposed to be like there in 10 days.

He just had an unofficial visit to Duke at the end of August, so it's not like Duke still isn't a possibility for the kid.

Or.... He could spurn Duke "Bryan Antoine/Kevin Knox style" and pick Clemson or Tennessee. Which I'm totally fine with. [smoke]

Smart man.

People feel pretty strongly about Jones being a multi-year player. But I'm not so sure. Top10 guy, his brother left after one year. His entire team will be gone after this season.

Duke does play with a shallow roster, but Coach K can't be sure Jones won't bolt. He needs another guy to accompany Anthony, maybe two more guys. And if he misses on SF's, he may need a 2nd SG to move into that spot.

Lot of forwards/centers in this class and Maxey, Lewis, Mannion, Antoine and Green are out of the picture.. Here's who is left for guards and swing players for Duke (I'll assume they get Anthony, for now):

18th ranked Wendell Moore.

...after that Duke has to dip into the sub-25 for guards and SFs.

I think Jones is a two year kid, plus the lower tier guys they've brought in will likely develop into depth and role players by then.

They'll land Stewart, and I think they have as good a chance as anyone at Anthony. Then RJ Hampton reclassifies and they're good again.

It's just way too early to start proclaiming Duke recruiting dead.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I think Jones is a two year kid, plus the lower tier guys they've brought in will likely develop into depth and role players by then.

They'll land Stewart, and I think they have as good a chance as anyone at Anthony. Then RJ Hampton reclassifies and they're good again.

Well they can cross another off the list.. Lewis down to UK and UF. At this point they need to not miss on ANY of these guys. And I'm not sure why RJ would reclassify to play with Anthony and 2nd year Jones, in a system that doesn't go much deeper than 6. And the same can be said with Carey and Stewart.. Is there room for both on a 6-man team?

Lewis cut them, Mannion cut them.. Antoine and James cut them. They have yet to sign anyone for 2019 when they usually have a few by now.

Duke will still land one or two top guys and be OK. But not enough to replace the top3 recruits this year. Something is clearly going on with Duke's recruiting.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I think this guy, and maybe others, are looking at Bolden and they know he's coming back another season, and they think that by the time he's a junior Bolden might be able to walk and chew gum. So, he's thinking he doesn't want any competition at all. He may also think that the venerable (vulnerable?) Coach K may be on the way out soon. If something doesn't change, I'm predicting Coach K may be in need of (a fainting spell on the sideline) some time off come fall of 2019- because he's got nothing coming back after the "top 3" all bolt.

i would not bet the farm on that
so far he has not progressed any

Reactions: IL Wildcat

You're a smart guy Gonzo. Extremely unwise to count out Duke for a top rated class again. They will get a haul no matter how much we hate it. They are shooting for Anthony, Carey, Stewart and RJ Hampton. If they get those guys they are right back in the mix for top class. I hope like the dickens that Carey and Anthony go elsewhere. Give me Carey and Oscar and I don't care who Duke signs.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Well they can cross another off the list.. Lewis down to UK and UF. At this point they need to not miss on ANY of these guys. And I'm not sure why RJ would reclassify to play with Anthony and 2nd year Jones, in a system that doesn't go much deeper than 6. And the same can be said with Carey and Stewart.. Is there room for both on a 6-man team?

Lewis cut them, Mannion cut them.. Antoine and James cut them. They have yet to sign anyone for 2019 when they usually have a few by now.

Duke will still land one or two top guys and be OK. But not enough to replace the top3 recruits this year. Something is clearly going on with Duke's recruiting.

The bag man left town.

Mannion = no
Antoine = no
James = more than likely no

Interesting. Duke will get theirs, but we've come a long way from the "they'll get whoever they want" we heard the last few years.

I think Duke goes after Mike white down in florida and they won’t be the Duke we know and hate but they’ll still be good.

They're too incestuous for that. I think they pick from the assortment of Capel, Collins, Wojo, or Amaker. K will ensure they keep it in the family.

All true, but eventually one of these classes is going to hear that K is retiring. His AD said just a few years ago that he has at least five years left. He was probably being more definitive than he let on in terms of the remaining window.

ADVERTISEMENT