ADVERTISEMENT

Dr Dre new album

OG Presidente

Snoop's my favorite GOAT on the west. Can't wait to hear him.

I liked a lot of things on the first spin. The man simply can't be touched as a producer. The guest spots are solid and Dre's rhymes are on point.

My only complaints are a little too much singing and autotune for my tastes, but I'm an old dude who hasn't listened to much new rap in about 12 years or so.

Me and BBdK gonna have words.

Elaborate ass intro that leads straight into a...Lil Mez verse? Who OK'd that shit?

Also, Compton is gangsta, no? Lacking gangsta early on.

No, it's "inspired by" the movie & Compton.

Autotune lol. There are some effects on a few songs, but certainly not "autotune" in the way we know it today, Wayne/Pain/Ye style. Get real.

The whole thing just sounds so crisp, don't know how he does it.

I absolutely love it, through 2 full spins. Love the progressive nature of most of the beats & the switches to fit the features mid songs on a lot of them.

Like his last 2 though, it's a pretty 'new' and unique sound. 2001 sounded nothing like the Chronic, and this sounds nothing like either of those.

It's fresh, for sure.

I love how you two have complete opposite views of the album. If Mash says Kendricks verse(s) suck then I won't buy the album

How many times are you going to ask about Kendrick? Jesus, Listen to the album you idiot.

And yes, Kendrick killed it. Wtf you think he's going to do over a Dre beat? If just you wanna stroke to Kendrick just google 'Deep Water' & listen to that, and be done with it. You'll be happy :100points:.

Mash decided on the album before he listened. Reception is damn near 100% across pretty much anyone/everyone in Hip Hop. If you can't enjoy this you're miserable, which Mash is. So, there you go.

Plus, even if he does enjoy (which he will), he won't admit & and will still take the other side b/c he thinks it will annoy me. Not this time, I'm very pleased. Been waiting 16 years for some of these sounds. :sunglasses:

Surprise! Ice cube gets a chance and kills it!... Then some Jamaican drake f ups the hook.

Way too many cooks in the kitchen.

I ain't even heard it all yet...

Kendrick dope. Just finished deep water. Album needs a lot more verses from Kendrick about violence, and someone to make a gd hook man...Dre is the story here. Idk where they found the clowns on the hooks, or why they chose to follow the current trends. This is mf'n Compton and you got hooks made for drake. Wildly irresponsible. Can't imagine how the city of Compton feels. I'ma call it Bompton.

Basically, it just needs a lot more lyricists to match the sonically superb sounds of Dre...even though they're a bit subdued and lacking in gangsta, they are very good sounds. They will appeal to a wide range of listeners, and I guess that was the plan with all these features and pop-hop hooks. Wish it was tailored a bit more towards gangsta and NWA.

Is Ice Cube just on that one song? Criminal if so.

Get that, but Dre is a 70 year old billionaire, not a gangbanger.

Quit picking it apart & just enjoy the MUSIC & production (that you constantly bitch about not being present today) that's what makes Dre, Dre. :100points:

Wow I feel bad for BBdK kind of. Reduced to slobbering over the clean crisp sounds and engineering of he CD. I hear you bro. You are correct.

NOW WHY AINT ICE CUBE ON A HOOK? WHY HE AINT ON AT LEAST A FEW SONGS. Dude should have a track to hisself.

Lil Mez man...

Man.

Thanks for finally answering me, jack ass.

I will now google deep water and listen to it and tell you how everything sucked except Kendricks part.

be right back

Reactions: Mashburned
Get that, but Dre is a 70 year old billionaire, not a gangbanger.

Quit picking it apart & just enjoy the MUSIC & production (that you constantly bitch about not being present today) that's what makes Dre, Dre. :100points:

Get that BUT THIS IS HIS LAST MASTERPIECE AND HE LET CLOWNS HABDLE THE VOCALS. He should remix it with only him, cube, snoop, and Kendrick. I mean WTF. This is Dre's last album not a damn audition take for aspiring pop-hoppers.

That one song with lil Mez am some girl sounds just like a Meek and Drake track, though. That's kind of funny. You can tell Mez raps with his mouth wide open and lacks pronunciation like Meek and then some smooth singing twerp lays down some sultry hook.

There should be no funny business on Dre's last album. Period.

The production is pretty incredible. I really wish I could get an instrumental version.

There are highlights lyrically like Kendrick / The Game, and I even thought Snoop went hard.....but there's an abundance of shitty floetry hooks and singing which really draws away from the gravity of the production. I find it tough to lose myself in a track that's littered with that stuff.

I wish he would've kept the roster to three or four (tops) and just evenly dispersed the tracks.

That Deep Water production is top notch but the drowning fade out was awful.

"LIKE OMFGZ....I THINKZ IM DROWNING LIKE.....SOMEONE HELP ME OR LIKE, PLEASE"[sick]

Who is this justus queer?

He bought 20 pairs of Beats in order to find a golden ticket that gave him the opportunity to submit a youtube verse to Dre in a contest to be on the album. TS. He won and the rest is history. He's on THE GREATEST SONICALLY CRISPY MASTERPIECE EVER!!!!!!

If Kendrick was completely mainstream I would understand that. He did a song with Taylor Swift I get it. but To Pimp a Butterfly was the most off the wall thing I have heard in a long time.

While its not Section 80 or GKMC its still better than half the shit that gets thrown out there and gobbled up by rap fans.

BBDK is right. Mashburned liked KDOT, hates Kendrick. You call yourself a Kendrick, but then say To Pimp A Butterfly is off the wall ??? Have you listened to it ? I bet 99% of the people think King Kunta is mostly about the show Roots. False. TPAB is exactly makes Kendrick who he is. He does music HE wants to put on wax, uh whatever cd's are made of.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
That's what I *always* slobber over when it comes to Dre. His albums & productions are always filled with features and 'new' guys he's bringing along. That's what he does. He shows off his board skills, raps some ghostwritten verses, then features his friends and new guys he's experimenting with. THis isn't a new formula, it's ALWAYS been his formula.

If Mez name was Daz or Kurupt in 2015, you'd say the same things. Or Snoop Dogg....I can hear it now "What TF is a Snoop Dogg"? "Who is this white clown M&M, sounds like a whiny 8year old brat"

[banana]

Was excited to listen to it last night, then got a call from my daughter with a flat tire. After sitting on hot concrete for an hour, I was ready for bed. Saving the first listen until tonight when I can enjoy a few cold ones and won't be interrupted.

Still a Kendrick fan, and really liked Butterfly when it first came out, but it wore on me quickly. Don't find myself listening to it anymore.

This album is for everybody Adrian. Listen to it. Very much a modern hip hop album.

That's what I *always* slobber over when it comes to Dre. His albums & productions are always filled with features and 'new' guys he's bringing along. That's what he does. He shows off his board skills, raps some ghostwritten verses, then features his friends and new guys he's experimenting with. THis isn't a new formula, it's ALWAYS been his formula.

If Mez name was Daz or Kurupt in 2015, you'd say the same things. Or Snoop Dogg....I can hear it now "What TF is a Snoop Dogg"? "Who is this white clown M&M, sounds like a whiny 8year old brat"

[banana]

You can't be serious. Drown yourself.

Was excited to listen to it last night, then got a call from my daughter with a flat tire. After sitting on hot concrete for an hour, I was ready for bed. Saving the first listen until tonight when I can enjoy a few cold ones and won't be interrupted.

Still a Kendrick fan, and really liked Butterfly when it first came out, but it wore on me quickly. Don't find myself listening to it anymore.
I am the opposite. At first I didn't care much for any of the songs except Blacker the Berry but then I started listening to King Cunta and he was just giving everybody hell and now I listen to it just about daily.

In Deep Water? :pimp:

TPAB definitely grew on me. Always looking for those standout bangers on first listen....Wesley, Kunta, Hood Politics, & Blacker the Berry still remain the standouts for me, but I enjoy most of it.

Loved that For the Love of Money chop down as well.....even brought in the guitar at the end. It's always been one of my favorite songs.

Genocide is such a nasty beat. I couldn't help wishing he jumped in a time machine, grabbed Jay from 1999 and let him just kill it on that track.

Adrian just doesn't get the concept of a song. He breaks it down into all the pieces that make up a song, but never judges it as a whole....which is the only way you can judge a song. This ain't an engineering how-to CD. It is Dr. Dre's last album paying homage to his city if Compton and a movie honoring NWA.

And this is what he out together.

OK! Kind of what I expected from a 70 year old, tbh.

Solid 2015 pop-hop album. Only one I've been tempted to listen to. Congrats Dre. You have graduated from gangsta to a gentlemen and your sounds appeal to all colors of men, women, and children across the entire globe. You are a truly great businessman, and a producer.

ADVERTISEMENT