ADVERTISEMENT

Down 29 points with 10 minutes to go

etowncatfan

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
This is where our coaches are making a mistake. Stephen Johnson should be out of the game. We should be getting another QB game reps. Then what do they do they call a running play for Johnson. Are they trying to get him hurt. Next season they will be saying the reason the QBs are struggles because they have no game experience. Now whose fault is that Coaches??

Johnson is definitely a little dinged. That last throw FLOATED on him.

I hope Seven is ready just in case next week.

This is where our coaches are making a mistake. Stephen Johnson should be out of the game. We should be getting another QB game reps. Then what do they do they call a running play for Johnson. Are they trying to get him hurt. Next season they will be saying the reason the QBs are struggles because they have no game experience. Now whose fault is that Coaches??
Very true, and embarrassing that the coaches will not make that change. If we're just going to quit--hand in off every time so the clock keeps running--why the hell not give your back up some reps? They all work hard in practice, right? They are on the team. They would benefit hugely from some game experience. Once again, the assertion is more fact than not, that the worst position in ALL of sports is back up quarterback. Keep the kids motivated and give them a chance to play. Get your starter out, period. Is that too cerebral for this staff or what?

etowncat, I was telling my wife the same thing during the game. It didn't make sense to continue to keep SJ in the game. Barker should have been in there getting some reps. Down 42 to 13, and still running the ball, instead of getting SJ out and letting Barker throw it.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

I think it's obvious our staff is trying to recruit a starting QB for next year and if hoak or barker do decent in a game, it might make it harder to land Williams or a Juco

etowncat, I was telling my wife the same thing during the game. It didn't make sense to continue to keep SJ in the game. Barker should have been in there getting some reps. Down 42 to 13, and still running the ball, instead of getting SJ out and letting Barker throw it.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

I agree. We shut it down after 3 quarters. Why not play the backups when you start running a game plan to not get beat any worse than it already was? Barker could of handed it off to try and keep the clock moving. SJ has took a pounding this year and didn't need any more hits.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Smitty and Snell should've sat out the 4th. Need to be full strength next Saturday. I rarely criticise the coaches but this could've gone bad. We need 8-4, not a moral victory at UGA.

I've always been an advocate for getting starters out toward the end of the game when at all possible. I know from my playing days getting to play in mop up games helped me when I took over as QB.

Very true, and embarrassing that the coaches will not make that change. If we're just going to quit--hand in off every time so the clock keeps running--why the hell not give your back up some reps? They all work hard in practice, right? They are on the team. They would benefit hugely from some game experience. Once again, the assertion is more fact than not, that the worst position in ALL of sports is back up quarterback. Keep the kids motivated and give them a chance to play. Get your starter out, period. Is that too cerebral for this staff or what?
I said the same thing, my only thought was that it might help them in recruiting a QB if it looks like our only QB they have confidence in is a Senior.

I am more worried about going into next season with a quarterback who has little to no game experience. We missed a golden opportunity yesterday to give snaps to someone. Yet we kept Stephen in giving him a chance to get hurt. That is disturbing to me. Real Coaches would have never had him in the game .

I think UK lost Jarren Williams because of the play calling. What good qb would want the rb going under center 1/3 of the time.

Itll be a helluva good excuse for them to sell to the fans though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT