ADVERTISEMENT

Dook Future

They don't even know yet. Most over there say Giles and Tatum are gone for sure. Seems like the thinking is Kennard is more than likely gone, Jeter is apparently tranferring, and Bolden doesn't seem to be too well liked. They lose Jones and Jefferson to graduation. So, could be Jackson, Allen and a bunch of newbies.

He probably should rethink the approach, he ain't doing that great with his current approach. This is with shit ton of experience staying too.

They don't even know yet. Most over there say Giles and Tatum are gone for sure. Seems like the thinking is Kennard is more than likely gone, Jeter is apparently tranferring, and Bolden doesn't seem to be too well liked. They lose Jones and Jefferson to graduation. So, could be Jackson, Allen and a bunch of newbies.

I really don't want to see Allen play another year. He is an embarrassment for Duke and I wish they would show him the door.

Reactions: Neue Regel
Where is Giles going? Dude is washed before his 20th birthday.

They can be good adding Wendell Carter in the middle and the guard corps will be sound if Jackson and Kennard stay and Gary Trent Jr. joins them.

Wth.....they just won the tournament two years ago.

They did, but it doesn't change the fact that he is struggling with it. Look at where he used to be and look what where he is now.

He should act before it becomes a bigger and longer trend.

He probably should rethink the approach, he ain't doing that great with his current approach. This is with shit ton of experience staying too.

It's more likely his energy level and inability to delegate due to the large size of his ego

Reactions: WildMoon

Let's be honest here, didn't he win the NCAA title just two years ago. I'm just as big of a U.K. fan as anyone on here and I'm just as big of a Duke hater as anyone but let's be logical give credit where credits due. Asking what they will have next season is no different that asking what we will have next season. They always field a great team and I'm sure next year won't be any different. We get so caught up in who's the best that we fail to realize the parity in college basketball isn't he same as it once was. The blue blood programs are all going to be competitive year after year.

If I was Giles I would leave now.He still has the injury excuse this season but next season scouts would pick him apart.And the risk for yet another injury.At least he gets paid this way.

Reactions: wildcatglenn
Let's be honest here, didn't he win the NCAA title just two years ago. I'm just as big of a U.K. fan as anyone on here and I'm just as big of a Duke hater as anyone but let's be logical give credit where credits due. Asking what they will have next season is no different that asking what we will have next season. They always field a great team and I'm sure next year won't be any different. We get so caught up in who's the best that we fail to realize the parity in college basketball isn't he same as it once was. The blue blood programs are all going to be competitive year after year.

A bit off topic but not sure what you mean by that. We have really never had true parity. The blue bloods carry the day with a secondary program rising up from time to time.

A bit off topic but not sure what you mean by that. We have really never had true parity. The blue bloods carry the day with a secondary program rising up from time to time.

I agree with you. I'm responding to the question what Duke will have next year. As history has proven and shouldn't be a surprise to anyone the "Blue Blood" programs are always competitive year after year.

i am being honest...

look, his NT in 2015 is great. I'm jealous. No doubt, but i'm not judging based off hate or anything of that sort.

Duke won the conference tourney, which is good for them but bounced in round of 32. Other than the championship team, K has gone from consistently winning conference regular season or conference tourney to not winning anything.

He also has had some embarrassing tourney losses.

Reactions: Cawood86
Giles is still a top 25 pick. He's gone.
Tatum is gone.

If they add Knox and Duval, they're fine and right back in the title hunt next year, regardless of Kennard and Allen returning or leaving.

i am being honest...

look, his NT in 2015 is great. I'm jealous. No doubt, but i'm not judging based off hate or anything of that sort.

Duke won the conference tourney, which is good for them but bounced in round of 32. Other than the championship team, K has gone from consistently winning conference regular season or conference tourney to not winning anything.

He also has had some embarrassing tourney losses.

At this stage with a guy that has achieved all that he has who in a "disappointing season" won the ACC Championship and defeated hated Chapel hill College 2/3 there will hardly be any barkers for his resignation.

I guess I've just gotten older but I swear people get so caught up in measuring things in sports, "last x number of years only did this or that", etc. folderol. Hell he has as measily 2 National Championships since 2010, (One less than Kansas's entire history! --my official rebuttal to our KU friend in that other thread about Self and K--) and in that same time frame has dominated Chapel Hill College and won 3 ACC Championships along the way.)

Yea people can bark about some early exits and fans of the team that lost can cry their little eyes out however I know that 99% of the country would take those results. I actually give K credit for halfway salvaging this mess of a season with all the injuries which included himself for 6 weeks or so. My only beef would be the Bolden thing, I'd like to know what the deal is. I will say this, Krzyzewski is many things but he is not stupid, he is a brilliant and calculating man. He's not going to deny himself of a stud player (yea I know that sounds off but you get it) and a chance at another title if the guy could contribute. Either he isn't ready, isn't patient, or something else is going on.

Next year will be interesting in Durham depending on some of these decisions this off-season.

Carter is a stud but he aint no center, stretch PF. And saying that with Bolden and Jeter possibly bouncing, that is one sorry front line they are looking at...

At this stage with a guy that has achieved all that he has who in a "disappointing season" won the ACC Championship and defeated hated Chapel hill College 2/3 there will hardly be any barkers for his resignation.

I guess I've just gotten older but I swear people get so caught up in measuring things in sports, "last x number of years only did this or that", etc. folderol. Hell he has as measily 2 National Championships since 2010, (One less than Kansas's entire history! --my official rebuttal to our KU friend in that other thread about Self and K--) and in that same time frame has dominated Chapel Hill College and won 3 ACC Championships along the way.)

Yea people can bark about some early exits and fans of the team that lost can cry their little eyes out however I know that 99% of the country would take those results. I actually give K credit for halfway salvaging this mess of a season with all the injuries which included himself for 6 weeks or so. My only beef would be the Bolden thing, I'd like to know what the deal is. I will say this, Krzyzewski is many things but he is not stupid, he is a brilliant and calculating man. He's not going to deny himself of a stud player (yea I know that sounds off but you get it) and a chance at another title if the guy could contribute. Either he isn't ready, isn't patient, or something else is going on.

Next year will be interesting in Durham depending on some of these decisions this off-season.

let's not exaggerate the injuries.... Bolden, Giles, and Tatum also all were playing in summer. You guys were talking about how great they were. They missed first 8-9 games. Coach K just doesn't' do great job developing bigs. Jahlil Okafor was the same person beginning of the season and the end. That's when Coach K strives, when his bigs are college ready.

i don't disagree with your other point about getting stud. However, I don't think K can handle 4-5 in and 4-5 out. I just don't think he has the capacity to handle that anymore.

Do we really have a chance with Knox? With them having Ample room scares me with him.

That team would get worked next year. The ACC, while overrated this year, is still a strong conference.. Duke would probably miss the tournament.

Giles is still a top 25 pick. He's gone.
Tatum is gone.

If they add Knox and Duval, they're fine and right back in the title hunt next year, regardless of Kennard and Allen returning or leaving.

I don't know about that. Without Kennard and Allen, they are extremely young for Duke. You're talking a sophomore Jackson, possibly a sophomore Bolden who barely played (if he stays), and a couple other players at the end of this bench, plus the incoming guys. I don't see K making that a title team. His better teams have some significant experience returning.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

Speaking of what 99% of the country would gladly take, I bet they’d take your nine McDonald’s All-Americans, a pre-season #1 ranking, momentum going into the tournament, and all cylinders working beautifully before the epic meltdown at the hands of an undermanned, inferior South Carolina team.

You’re certainly making a great deal of excuses in your post considering your team is healthy and loaded with more McDonald’s All-Americans than the rest of the East Bracket combined.

Hilarious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT