ADVERTISEMENT

Dook and UK speeding up maturation process with Aug. trips

I hope we beat them so bad the first game of the year.
Going to be fun.

i was just reading and noticed this part...

"Kentucky looked impressive on its 4-0 trip, even if it didn't shoot the basketball particularly well from deep. Johnson, Richards, and Washington all seemed to impress NBA scouts, while Travis can be a rebounding force even if Calipari wants him to be more assertive and quicker going up with the basketball."

(this is what happens when you are lazy with your work and only watch one game... and then look at the record)

So, how'd Puke do on their August trip? I had no idea they even made an August trip. Who'd they play? Scores? Outcome?
They're in Canada now and playing this week. Zion Williamson broke Twitter with a free throw line dunk in practice. I mean it been done so many times that's its played out but it still impressed millennials and KSR types who acted like it hadn't been done since Jordan.

"Kentucky looked impressive on its 4-0 trip, even if it didn't shoot the basketball particularly well from deep. Johnson, Richards, and Washington all seemed to impress NBA scouts, while Travis can be a rebounding force even if Calipari wants him to be more assertive and quicker going up with the basketball."

(this is what happens when you are lazy with your work and only watch one game... and then look at the record)
I hope we continue to shoot the ball "not particularly well" with the 50% from the field, 38% from 3, and 73% from the line.

Last edited:
Nevermind on above...just found that they are in Toronto playing nobodies.

Ryerson University
Univ. of Toronto
McGill University

Yeah, sounds about like them to play cupcakes from Canada while our guys are beating up on Euro/Canadian/South American pro teams...
Cal is innovative and progressive thinking. The guy in durham just copies and pastes with all the charisma and personality of a prison librarian

Ryerson University
Univ. of Toronto
McGill University

Yeah, sounds about like them to play cupcakes from Canada while our guys are beating up on Euro/Canadian/South American pro teams...
You didn't actually expect him or them to play a team that might actually challenge them.

Reactions: TheDude73
Let them keep overlooking us all the way to #9! We don’t need their approval. We’ll just go out there and win!

Zion will foul out 90% of the time away from puke. Hell, he will walk in to North Carolina with two fouls on him already. He’s big and strong sure, but undersized playing with an unknown center two ball hogs and another jones brother. I’m usually worried about puke, but I couldn’t care less if they somehow beat us. I just want to see them in the tournament if so. You and I both know it will be a Johnson v. Barrett game, I just hope cal doesn’t let it turn into that. I also love guys like Herro and green being forgotten

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Almost seems like he knew we were taking the trip and waited to take it the same year knowing we play them to start the season. Don't want us to have the advantage of practicing and playing games in August to get our young team more ready for the season. Especially with them being even more inexperienced than us. The funny thing is we get our games on a bigger platform than them (SECN vs ESPN Plus which I believe is a streaming subscription that costs extra [laughing]).

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Ryerson University
Univ. of Toronto
McGill University

That's who they are really playing? lol Wonder if Duke sucks fans will show up like we did.

I hope we continue to shoot the ball "not particularly well" with the 50% from the field, 38% from 3, and 73% from the line.
Even more impressive when you consider a 10% shooting night on 20 attempts is dragging it down to a still very good 38%.

That's an anomaly that I'd willing to bet the house that it doesn't happen again all season. Some games will be better than others but 2-20 won't happen. It was strictly a 1st game+youthful jitters+excessive travel+etc. too many 40+% shooters on this team for that to be expected to be anything other than an outlier

Yes we shot awful only 50 percent from 3 after the first game. Lmao

Duke was scheduled to do a trip last year, got the extra practices in prep for the trip, then cancelled due to Coach K getting ill. So they were given trip this year and a lot of coaches are rolling their eyes knowing they'd not get 20 practices in 2 consecutive years to prepare their team--young or old.

I bet many are furious but know Duke is one of the few teams you never dare speak out about or their media control will come back to attack you right back

Duke goes to Canada for their team building

UK goes to Bahamas

Sounds like a good recruiting angle to me

Actually Duke's Canada trip aligns perfectly with how they schedule any out loi f conference AWAY games. I don't see an issue. [smoke]

Duke was scheduled to do a trip last year, got the extra practices in prep for the trip, then cancelled due to Coach K getting ill. So they were given trip this year and a lot of coaches are rolling their eyes knowing they'd not get 20 practices in 2 consecutive years to prepare their team--young or old.
He's probably as popular with other coaches as ants at a picnic

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT