ADVERTISEMENT

Dontaie Allen

How did/does Antonio Reeves' time at Southern Illinois translate?

It regressed lol. He put up better numbers and had more minutes at Southern Illinois because he was a better talent at a mid major, than he is at a Power program playing SEC teams..

There's no narrative. It just doesn't matter what a lesser recruit is doing at a mid major. It's not some indicator that we screwed up with him.

• Haha
Reactions: plumdog69
This ^. He played as well as CJ when he was here only he had tons of pressure on him and Triple C didn’t like him. CJ don’t have to worry about that because Triple C
loves him and doesn’t pressure him. Oh well, that’s water under the bridge.
...or it could be that Dontaie is just a contributor on bad teams. It won't fit the agenda, but his best seasons have been on teams that are awful (20-21 UK and 22-23 WKU).

Dontaie Allen is nowhere close to Bryce Hopkins.
Your statement along with the one you responded to can both be true at the same time. Anyone who has ever played the game of basketball at any level knows the difference of being on the court playing for a coach who believes in your capabilities vs one who doesn’t and how it effects your game.

To add to the point of my buddy, @JHannibalSmith, every bad outing Dontaie had, there were multiple threads about his lack of performance. Yet, when he has a good game and it’s posted, people lose their collective minds. Shame of you if you wish to see a homegrown Kentucky kid fail and/or falter. Despicable and absurd.
My search of RR for the name Allen in the title returns five threads about Dontaie since this season started. Two were positive - this one and the exhibition game - and three weren't. So where's all these posts you and you're buddy are talking about? Also, where have people lost their collective minds?
I don't mind pointing out when he has a good game, good for him. But issuing such absolutes is ridiculous and undermines any credibility you might have.

My search of RR for the name Allen in the title returns five threads about Dontaie since this season started. Two were positive - this one and the exhibition game - and three weren't. So where's all these posts you and you're buddy are talking about? Also, where have people lost their collective minds?
I don't mind pointing out when he has a good game, good for him. But issuing such absolutes is ridiculous and undermines any credibility you might have.
There’s been several posts and several threads. Hell, he hasn’t played in that many games. Also, I’m willing to bet there’s been more than 3 negative threads about Allen this season. Lmao people have been shitting on Dontaie for like 3/4 years on here. So, yeah, it’s pretty absolute. Incredible that you went as far to search the board to question my “credibility”, however. 🤣

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Didnt he come off the bench when WKU got scorched by Louisville this year?
Yeah I think the key words in Story's tweet were "First Start". May be that confidence thing proving its impact again. All players are different players when they are playing loose and with confidence and all players look completely different when they arent. You never really see the ability a player has in any sport until you've seen them playing loose and with confidence. Maybe the start infused some much needed confidence.

Reactions: 1_Cool_CAT
This ^. He played as well as CJ when he was here only he had tons of pressure on him and Triple C didn’t like him. CJ don’t have to worry about that because Triple C
loves him and doesn’t pressure him. Oh well, that’s water under the bridge.
Not defending Cal at all, but CJ is a better passer and defender than DA.

He's still got a couple years of eligibility. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's a late bloomer that continues to improve.

Yeah I think the key words in Story's tweet were "First Start". May be that confidence thing proving its impact again. All players are different players when they are playing loose and with confidence and all players look completely different when they arent. You never really see the ability a player has in any sport until you've seen them playing loose and with confidence. Maybe the start infused some much needed confidence.
Im sure it has nothing to do with all the less talented teammates and opponents.

He played like 18 mins a game a big stretch of OOC cupcakes last year when Mintz was hurt and was awful.
Shot
It regressed lol. He put up better numbers and had more minutes at Southern Illinois because he was a better talent at a mid major, than he is at a Power program playing SEC teams..

There's no narrative. It just doesn't matter what a lesser recruit is doing at a mid major. It's not some indicator that we screwed up with him.
Shot 40 percent from 3 at Kentucky for a season.

He's averaging 6 ppg, 1.9 rpg, and shooting 31.3% from three. We really don't need an update every time he has a marginally good game. I think we all wished it worked out, but he just wasn't a player who was going to contribute meaningfully to a power 5 team, let alone UK.
Shot 40% from 3 as red shirt freshman. While Cow played Devin Askew who could not play, 30 minutes a game. That should have Mintz and and Allen in the backcourt and everyone knows it.

Not sure if this has been mentioned. But statistically there is almost no difference between Fredric at Kentucky and dontae Allen at Kentucky, yet one is regarded as a key to this season and the other is not good enough to play here.

Fredric - 24 minute per game,
7.4 points
48% on 2’s
33% on 3’s
.9 reb
1.7 assists

Allen 10.5 minutes per game
3.9 points
50% on 2’s
33% on 3’s
1.4 rebounds
.3 assists

If you give Allen the same minutes you get the same production.

Not sure if this means anything other than our guard play is not good outside of Wallace and reeves.

Not sure if this has been mentioned. But statistically there is almost no difference between Fredric at Kentucky and dontae Allen at Kentucky, yet one is regarded as a key to this season and the other is not good enough to play here.

Fredric - 24 minute per game,
7.4 points
48% on 2’s
33% on 3’s
.9 reb
1.7 assists

Allen 10.5 minutes per game
3.9 points
50% on 2’s
33% on 3’s
1.4 rebounds
.3 assists

If you give Allen the same minutes you get the same production.

Not sure if this means anything other than our guard play is not good outside of Wallace and reeves.
that's definitely food for thought

ADVERTISEMENT