ADVERTISEMENT

Dontaie Allen leading UA Challenge in scoring, Cal watches today

He plays where I grew up, if we offer he is ours. Everyone in that county is a huge UK fan and dreams of playing for UK. He has a great attitude to boot and is humble. Not many high school stars take time to sign balls for kids at elementary school games. Also, his coach played for Belmont, when they were in the tourney and good for a few years. He was in high school when I was and he will be teaching him well. I think he has been overlooked, because it's a small area. Not always the best competition to go up against (although Mason has produced some good ball players, which is a neighboring county). Glad now that he is up against some better competition, people are seeing his skills. I linked some stuff months ago and one of the analyst had predicted him shooting up the rankings. I think we offer and as soon as we do, he is ours. Cal was just waiting to see him go up against solid competition and he has still been crushing it. I might have to make some calls and see if I can get anymore information for you guys. From what I know so far, I am pretty sure he will be playing for us. He has already had some in home visits, from UK as well.

He plays where I grew up, if we offer he is ours. Everyone in that county is a huge UK fan and dreams of playing for UK. He has a great attitude to boot and is humble. Not many high school stars take time to sign balls for kids at elementary school games. Also, his coach played for Belmont, when they were in the tourney and good for a few years. He was in high school when I was and he will be teaching him well. I think he has been overlooked, because it's a small area. Not always the best competition to go up against (although Mason has produced some good ball players, which is a neighboring county). Glad now that he is up against some better competition, people are seeing his skills. I linked some stuff months ago and one of the analyst had predicted him shooting up the rankings. I think we offer and as soon as we do, he is ours. Cal was just waiting to see him go up against solid competition and he has still been crushing it. I might have to make some calls and see if I can get anymore information for you guys. From what I know so far, I am pretty sure he will be playing for us. He has already had some in home visits, from UK as well.

Nice! Which of the staff have had in home visits with him and his family?

Cal's waiting and hoping he takes an offer elsewhere. Doesn't want the calls asking if he will give him a chance

Saw a video from the local news back in his hometown from last year, he comes across as SGA like, going to put in the work on his own and work hard. Up at the gym at the crack of dawn.

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
Why does Brad get drug into the conversation? Brad is a walkon that is here because his Hall of Fame coach wants him here. It amazes me how some on here continually cry about Brad getting a little PT or even being on the team.

Walk on's dont have scholarships.... Brad does.

The point is....... Brad is ok because of a special circumstance.... then a less talented player from the state of Ky could also be a special circumstance to those of use who want to root for 1 or 2 home state boys ... because they tend to live and die for UK on the court. I seem to remember a whole team of out of state guys who didnt care at all against K State. When games like that happen its nice to have a guy like a Hawkins or a Cam Mills type that come in and give it their all .....

I'm not asking for some kid that will never see the court...... but every year there is at least 1 kid from Ky that is worthy of seeing some clock as a backup here at UK

Walk on's dont have scholarships.... Brad does.

The point is....... Brad is ok because of a special circumstance.... then a less talented player from the state of Ky could also be a special circumstance to those of use who want to root for 1 or 2 home state boys ... because they tend to live and die for UK on the court. I seem to remember a whole team of out of state guys who didnt care at all against K State. When games like that happen its nice to have a guy like a Hawkins or a Cam Mills type that come in and give it their all .....

I'm not asking for some kid that will never see the court...... but every year there is at least 1 kid from Ky that is worthy of seeing some clock as a backup here at UK
Where you get Brad has a scholarship? We only have ten scholarship players: Reid, KJ, IQ, EJ, Baker, Herro, PJ, Green, Richards, and Hagans

Reactions: JC43
Gonna need that info ASAP. No time to waste here. As a matter of fact go ahead and set up shop outside of his house

If I remember correctly, Justus is the coach. Also, the local paper there is named the Falmouth Outlook and they announce anything like this in their paper. It's a huge deal there, and again the love for UK in this area is intense. Other than that, super busy day so I haven't had much time to nose around. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything new. To give you guys an idea about the environment, there are people that quit going to church when we lose in the NCAA tourney. A bleed blue town for sure.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I suspect we end up getting the kid but if he hasnt been offered in the next 4-5 weeks then he ain't going to be Cat IMO as the kid as too many great offers already to wait forever.
If he isn’t offered in a week then it won’t happen imo. Cal said he wants shooters now. Allen hit 40 percent of his 3s in Atlanta and 40 percent of his 3s in high school as a junior. If that’s not consistent three-point shooting I don’t know what is.

If he isn’t offered in a week then it won’t happen imo. Cal said he wants shooters now. Allen hit 40 percent of his 3s in Atlanta and 40 percent of his 3s in high school as a junior. If that’s not consistent three-point shooting I don’t know what is.

Throw on top of that he is a 6'6 guard.

What's the knock on this kid now that he has shown it against good competition?

Stallings is a little bitch boy who probably feels inferior due to his small weiner and the fact that he has an uncanny resemblance to Hank Hill

You revealed an unhealthy familiarity with Stalling's anatomy. Probably just a typo but a deletion would be reassuring.:scream:

I like the kid's game a lot based on what you see from the highlight clips.

Should be a nice 4 year player. Makes 3's, which Cal has recently said he's going to look for more. I think he makes a lot of sense for us to go after.

Dontaie Allen will not be a 4 year player. He's closer to one and done than 3 and done.

Reactions: Bluesnky
Allen and his Matts Mustangs team start play tonight at the AAU Nationals.

ADVERTISEMENT