ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t like the black uniforms

I want a pair of those shorts to run/workout in. Much comfier than knee length for exercise imo
Those shorts aren’t actually as short as people here think. They’re normal length. Players now roll them up at the waistband to make them shorter. You could see a lot of white waistbands yesterday.

The only tradition that really matters is our success and maintaining the gold standard in cbb. Traditionally we've had other school colors, logos and facilities. There was a point when we traditionally only allowed white players. Change is good and can make things even better. Just go look at how the uniforms have changed almost every decade, if not more.
Change is neither good nor bad in and of itself. It depends what the outcome of the change is. As for our colors, they were changed once, a year after the 1st ones were set. That was 126 years ago. Changing that would be foolish, most certainly not good.

Change is neither good nor bad in and of itself. It depends what the outcome of the change is. As for our colors, they were changed once, a year after the 1st ones were set. That was 126 years ago. Changing that would be foolish, most certainly not good.
Technically not true. The outcome of the initial change could be bad, but the change in itself good because it led to even further change that was positive. Sometimes the act of just being willing or able to change is the positive.

Again, not technically true. The shades of the colors has changed several times over the years, particularly the shade of blue. Lots of teams have changed colors, mascots, names and so forth. Typically it worked out for the positive. Why would it be foolish or not good if they changed it now? Did you only initially watch, support and become a fan of UK because of their colors? Would you have rooted for a different team if say UK's colors were blue and green?

These players are transient. They don't dictate to the program. The program gives them their stage, not the other way around.
Theres no team without them...unless you want to fill the team with scrubs from the mountains...which actually I'm sure most of you would want

Things people get worked about. Bring back converse!

https://ukathletics.com/news/2016/2/5/56b4b1fee4b09e5c71fc04bd_131467852712309795.aspx?path=football

“We are proud to be the first Kentucky team to wear our new logos,” men’s basketball head coach John Calipari said. “Nike is the best in the business and they’ve done great work to help us build our look for the future.”
Royal blue and white remain the primary colors of Kentucky Athletics, and black, cool gray and metallic silver have been included as a part of the secondary color palette.

Just saying ...... It's an official color. Not saying I wanna see it constantly but it is an official color for UK athketics.

These players are transient. They don't dictate to the program. The program gives them their stage, not the other way around.

What? First off, I didn't say players dictated the program, so don't put words in my mouth. I was just questioning someone saying the player didn't matter.

A program is not just a stage, they benefit a hellava lot more than the players do. So, dont get that twisted. Players should get what they want before the fan. Know your role!
They should have more more say so with the program than the fans do. I'm not saying jerseys help a kid decide a school but it can effect them while they are there.

Here is my point about the unis and I'll leave this argument alone........

When you go out to a bar or anywhere hoping to pick up a girl (or boy for some, I don't discriminate), do you feel more confident wearing something that you really like or something your Mama picked out for you with checkerboards on it?

Enough said, give what they want. Going to a black uni does not make us Duke or any other school. We can do whatever we want.

Technically not true. The outcome of the initial change could be bad, but the change in itself good because it led to even further change that was positive. Sometimes the act of just being willing or able to change is the positive.

Again, not technically true. The shades of the colors has changed several times over the years, particularly the shade of blue. Lots of teams have changed colors, mascots, names and so forth. Typically it worked out for the positive. Why would it be foolish or not good if they changed it now? Did you only initially watch, support and become a fan of UK because of their colors? Would you have rooted for a different team if say UK's colors were blue and green?
Whatever, you'd argue the sky was green. I think I know your former name, again, go away.

What? First off, I didn't say players dictated the program, so don't put words in my mouth. I was just questioning someone saying the player didn't matter.

A program is not just a stage, they benefit a hellava lot more than the players do. So, dont get that twisted. Players should get what they want before the fan. Know your role!
They should have more more say so with the program than the fans do. I'm not saying jerseys help a kid decide a school but it can effect them while they are there.

Here is my point about the unis and I'll leave this argument alone........

When you go out to a bar or anywhere hoping to pick up a girl (or boy for some, I don't discriminate), do you feel more confident wearing something that you really like or something your Mama picked out for you with checkerboards on it?

Enough said, give what they want. Going to a black uni does not make us Duke or any other school. We can do whatever we want.
I didn't say they don't matter, I was referring to many of the posts that seems to want to give the players carte blanche.

Whatever, you'd argue the sky was green. I think I know your former name, again, go away.
:joy: I'm sorry you are having such trouble with facts and being able to articulate a logical, factually based post. I don't dumb myself down so others can feel more secure with themselves.

It really shouldn't be that hard to figure out, princess. It's literally in the current name. [laughing]

Yeah who cares? You gonna let 1 yr players come in and hijack tradition? While we re at it let’s change my old Kentucky home to to Drake and the wildcat to a freightrain. Blue and white are the school colors and players don’t dictate otherwise. Sorry but yeah who cares what they want? If Archie Goodwin picked a school based on uní colors that’s childish
Is the checkerboard design a UK design?

So did the school change its colors permanently and will be wearing black frequently or are they just wearing them for a few exhibitions that dont even count on the record? Oh just the exhibitions. Was Trying to gauge the crying and butthurt and why it existed.

Remember last time they were in the Bahamas and they were jerseys that were one color in the front and another on the back...ppl couldnt contain their tears...then a couple months later, forgot all about it

Last edited:
Reactions: GrafSpot
I can't figure out if this is halirous or or pathetic at the argument I'm seeing in this thread. Some of y'all have no chill or maybe you just get your kicks arguing over some stupid ass shit on a message board. Be grateful you're alive and God has blessed you to even be able to watch Kentucky basketball whatever the damn jerseys look like.

Tubby Smith, Matt Jones, Mitch Barnhart, Ashley Judd, church league zone, and now you can add black uniforms to the list of trivial items that arouse the simpletons.

Reactions: ashbergh
I don't care either way, as long as the kids like them. Not sure why, but black uniforms always make players look smaller, esp. in football (at least on the TV screen)

This is ridiculous. I hate the white uniforms. We’re not even the home team. We’re the underdogs so we should be blue.

Now, see how stupid that sounds? Please, let. It. Go.

one game with those things was one game enough! You look at all the blue and white in the crowd then the black on the players don’t like it. Let duke have that shat let’s stay blue and white!
nobody cares what you, or i think on a message board.

I agree, OP . . . 100% !

U.K. has been blue-and-white since Hector was a pup. Absolutely no reason to depart from that historical, and highly successful, tradition !

Go, 'Cats ! ! !

Reactions: Wildcats1st
If you are some bluehair talking about how it doesn't matter what any young people want, it only matters what you want, you have a lot worse problems than uniform colors to worry about.

Reactions: TIE543
Black uni's need to go, an American flag patch needs to be on the uni. I know Mr Wildcat had his reasons but he was wrong.

I like the Black Unis, have always liked them! It's an official school color according to the OFFICIAL KENTUCKY GRAPHICS GUIDE

I agree, OP . . . 100% !

U.K. has been blue-and-white since Hector was a pup. Absolutely no reason to depart from that historical, and highly successful, tradition !

Go, 'Cats ! ! !

To paraprhase that iconic quote from Kindergarten Cop:

Home unis have white, road unis have blue :)

one game with those things was one game enough! You look at all the blue and white in the crowd then the black on the players don’t like it. Let duke have that shat let’s stay blue and white!

Got to bitch about something or it wouldn't be a complete day.

ADVERTISEMENT