ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t like the black uniforms

And if the kids want to wear nothing but black and silver? The players don't dictate our colors. It's ok to play around with it now and then but our colors are royal blue and white and BLACK. To that effect, it really doesn't matter what the kids think.

Fixed.

Might as well email Mitch and tell him alot of our team uniforms are out of compliance. Let's see the baseball teams have black unis, the football teams have black on unis, the basketball team has black unis, and theres also this post that you actually commented on. https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/black-is-an-official-uk-color.269767/#post-7061140

You try to argue its for stationary yet they went so far as to call it "Wildcat black". Odd UK teams uniforms, stationary, and formal UK manuals have it yet you say it doesn't exsist.

Reactions: TheGrafSpot
Who cares what kids want. Uniforms are to represent the program not what kids want. You go to rupp it’s all blue and white. Duke is blue/black/white. We need to be Kentucky basketball. I don’t know a kid who comitts to a school based on color.

This was the first time we got a look at our team in black and it just doesn’t look right. Blue jerseys

Who cares what kids want? Really? Who cares what you want! They're the ones wearing the jerseys, not you.

Fixed.

Might as well email Mitch and tell him alot of our team uniforms are out of compliance. Let's see the baseball teams have black unis, the football teams have black on unis, the basketball team has black unis, and theres also this post that you actually commented on. https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/black-is-an-official-uk-color.269767/#post-7061140

You try to argue its for stationary yet they went so far as to call it "Wildcat black". Odd UK teams uniforms, stationary, and formal UK manuals have it yet you say it doesn't exsist.
Don't edit my posts. Black is not an official color.

Who cares what kids want? Really? Who cares what you want! They're the ones wearing the jerseys, not you.
These players are transient. They don't dictate to the program. The program gives them their stage, not the other way around.

I could give a F what color they wear. I love UK b-ball cuz of its tradition and I was raised on it.

Don’t like the color stop watching it on TV and listen to it on the radio.

No you didn't. You liked a priint media guide which isn't the same thing as our official colors. I linked an official UK page, it doesn't mention your other colors. Why?
Mine was directly form the UK website. Same as yours. Perhaps you should call and get your verification for us all. You seem pretty triggered by it.

However, since we both know you wont, allow me to give you a bit of an education. UK actually has no official uniform colors. Their official colors pertain only to the UK logo. It can be printed on any color fabric and still be considered official. They could wear pink jersies, as long as the UK logo is official. Which is why in the past, UK has worn gray, black, varying shades of blue and chrome uniforms.

Furthermore, the logo, which is obviosuly what you are so torn up about, right? Since it is the official logo of UK and what is meant to represent and dignify the school, well that is managed by the Graphic standards department at UK. And according to the official standards that I linked for you, from UK's website no less, wildcat black is a part of the primary color pallete for UK.

Reactions: Skyguyb27
This consternation could all be avoided by using navy blue uniforms. UK in the 60s wore navy blue and white. Somewhere along the line we moved to royal blue. It's easy Mitch... use dark navy blue unis

And this entire concept of players 'wanting them' is ridiculous. We don't wear purple pink and neon green. If a kid can't suffer through wearing blue and white, while getting all the benefits of Kentucky basketball and John Calipari, then I don't want them. Go disappear like Jefferies.

And this entire concept of players 'wanting them' is ridiculous. We don't wear purple pink and neon green. If a kid can't suffer through wearing blue and white, while getting all the benefits of Kentucky basketball and John Calipari, then I don't want them. Go disappear like Jefferies.
The players play the game and provide the enteraiment. They also do all the actual work. Why should you or I get more of a say than them?

We are Blue and White. You like black unis, go hop on the Duke train.

Eh, I love blue and white, but Im ok with occassional black uniforms, we are just arguing semantics because he refuses to acknowledge the obvious. The color scheme is primary blue and white, but black is obvious in many sports uniforms and listed in the official UK manual. I'm done doing the back and forth thing it's really not that important to me. If the kids wanna wear em and the university approves the uniforms for them to wear then I'm ok with it, although I hope the shorts dont get any shorter.

The players play the game and provide the enteraiment. They also do all the actual work. Why should you or I get more of a say than them?
So, if Anthony Davis would've only committed if he could wear neon green and orange you'd be ok with doing that? Maybe the team just votes on team colors at the start of every season?

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Eh, I love blue and white, but Im ok with occassional black uniforms, we are just arguing semantics because he refuses to acknowledge the obvious. The color scheme is primary blue and white, but black is obvious in many sports uniforms and listed in the official UK manual. I'm done doing the back and forth thing it's really not that important to me. If the kids wanna wear em and the university approves the uniforms for them to wear then I'm ok with it, although I hope the shorts dont get any shorter.
Again, I don't mind an occasional black or silver. It's fun, I get it. I just happen to think these particular Bahamas unis are horrible.

So, if Anthony Davis would've only committed if he could wear neon green and orange you'd be ok with doing that? Maybe the team just votes on team colors at the start of every season?
I wouldn't give a shit if AD wanted to wear my skin and play. I would have peeled it off on the spot and been grateful he picked mine.

Reactions: jockstrap_mcgee
If it was something offensive, degrading or hurtful to the school, team, fans or players... I would get it. However, it's not any of that. It's players wanting to have some fun and wear something a bit different from normal. It's not like they wanted to change the logo or not wear anything UK related.

Again, I don't mind an occasional black or silver. It's fun, I get it. I just happen to think these particular Bahamas unis are horrible.

We are in agreement on occasionally wearing them. I wouldn't say they were horrible like a few we uniforms we have had in the past, but if we never see them again this year I'll be perfectly fine with that. I'm not arguing we should be wearing them weekly but I see no problem with then once or twice a year. I happen to think the Keightly black uniform was great and wouldnt mind seeing them wear that one again.

Im tapping out on this conversation. I got some things to do before game time.

UK's print media dept and graphics standards dept disagrees with you.
That is not the same thing as our official colors. Yes, those colors are used secondarily but they are not and never have been our official colors. Twist it any way you want, you're wrong.

That is not the same thing as our official colors. Yes, those colors are used secondarily but they are not and never have been our official colors. Twist it any way you want, you're wrong.
UK disagrees though. That's the issue. Their print/media departments and particularly the graphic standards say it is an official color. However, as was already pointed out, UK doesn't actually have an official uniform color. The uniforms can be any color as long as the logo/graphic is correct.

Who cares what you want? They care more about what the kids want when recruiting. You? Not so much.

Yeah who cares? You gonna let 1 yr players come in and hijack tradition? While we re at it let’s change my old Kentucky home to to Drake and the wildcat to a freightrain. Blue and white are the school colors and players don’t dictate otherwise. Sorry but yeah who cares what they want? If Archie Goodwin picked a school based on uní colors that’s childish

Yeah who cares? You gonna let 1 yr players come in and hijack tradition? While we re at it let’s change my old Kentucky home to to Drake and the wildcat to a freightrain. Blue and white are the school colors and players don’t dictate otherwise. Sorry but yeah who cares what they want? If Archie Goodwin picked a school based on uní colors that’s childish
Well, according to UK's website, wildcat black is an official logo color. However, UK does not actually have an official uniform color. That's why over the years they have worn varying shades of blue, gray, chrome and black.

one game with those things was one game enough! You look at all the blue and white in the crowd then the black on the players don’t like it. Let duke have that shat let’s stay blue and white!

Thought they looked great.

Well checker boards aren't traditional and they use those awful things. Besides, i'm not too much into tradition. I like what I like. Also there were blue and white on there. Just black also. I believe someone pointed out that black is actually documented as a school color in another thread. I won't even get into the wildcat picture changing every 15 years or so for your tradition.

I am not a huge fan of the black, and would rather have the traditional blue and white, but I don't hate the black. As long as we are just shaking it up some for the Bahamas trip, I'm good. It's the product in them that counts.

Well checker boards aren't traditional and they use those awful things. Besides, i'm not too much into tradition. I like what I like. Also there were blue and white on there. Just black also. I believe someone pointed out that black is actually documented as a school color in another thread. I won't even get into the wildcat picture changing every 15 years or so for your tradition.

UK basketball is built on tradition. That’s all it is. You’re not into it???

Btw I’m not defending checkboards but at least they are blue and white.

UK basketball is built on tradition. That’s all it is. You’re not into it???

Btw I’m not defending checkboards but at least they are blue and white.
The only tradition that really matters is our success and maintaining the gold standard in cbb. Traditionally we've had other school colors, logos and facilities. There was a point when we traditionally only allowed white players. Change is good and can make things even better. Just go look at how the uniforms have changed almost every decade, if not more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT