ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t like the black uniforms

I dont mind them doing it now and then, I just dont care for them.
And that's a respectable take. I like the black uniforms, I like the Keightley ones even better, but I would only want to see them on rare occasions.

But I also realize it's not about me. We all have to realize that it's literally impossible to satisfy everybody. Just in this thread alone there are many people with completely different tastes, so it's an impossible task for those choosing uniform designs.
But I think we can all agree that the checkerboard crap has to go.

Last edited:
Who cares what kids want. Uniforms are to represent the program not what kids want. You go to rupp it’s all blue and white. Duke is blue/black/white. We need to be Kentucky basketball. I don’t know a kid who comitts to a school based on color.

This was the first time we got a look at our team in black and it just doesn’t look right. Blue jerseys

You literally just said "who cares what the kids wants?" I am not sure if I can ever take you serious (not like I ever have). Did you ever suit up and play for UK? Who cares what the kids want? How about me and all the people that want these kids to succeed and be happy. I like the black, they like the black. This University uses these kids to make Millions of dollars off these kids, let them have jerseys that they like.

I will give you one thing, you sure know how to complain. I have never seen a positive post by you. The black jersey's look nice and you just like to complain. Your screen name should be negative Nancy.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
one game with those things was one game enough! You look at all the blue and white in the crowd then the black on the players don’t like it. Let duke have that shat let’s stay blue and white!
Love em. Need to wear them in regular season. Players like them. Coaches like them.

I liked them. Looked good last night. Wish they had some blue highlights in the shorts or something. But, again, as long as we win? I don’t care what we wear.

Reactions: westerncat
one game with those things was one game enough! You look at all the blue and white in the crowd then the black on the players don’t like it. Let duke have that shat let’s stay blue and white!

Who cares what the trolls say

U.K. is NOT black, U.K. is Blue and White. Go Big BLUE.

Who cares what kids want. Uniforms are to represent the program not what kids want. You go to rupp it’s all blue and white. Duke is blue/black/white. We need to be Kentucky basketball. I don’t know a kid who comitts to a school based on color.

This was the first time we got a look at our team in black and it just doesn’t look right. Blue jerseys

It's a players first program, bra.

Nobody saw this thread coming.

"Nobody cares what the kids want" is all I had to read.

Nobody saw this thread coming.

"Nobody cares what the kids want" is all I had to read.
And if the kids want to wear nothing but black and silver? The players don't dictate our colors. It's ok to play around with it now and then but our colors are royal blue and white. To that effect, it really doesn't matter what the kids think.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Loved them, recruits loved them,players loved them It's new times and you play to the recruits and wat the players like .

The style was awesome. It was nice seeing UK play in a semi traditional uniform for once. It looked nice the way irnwas designed. Not too much, simple, and proper.

You'll get the picnic tables soon enough.

Archie Goodwin said he eliminated Baylor because of their jersey colors.

The style was awesome. It was nice seeing UK play in a semi traditional uniform for once. It looked nice the way irnwas designed. Not too much, simple, and proper.

You'll get the picnic tables soon enough.

I think they make the checkerboard design to appease the NASCAR lovers in the fan base.

Maybe the players can start wearing jean shorts too to appease the mullet gods.

I agree with the OP. I didn't like them. I liked the black Mr Bill ones, but the ones last night looked horrible and generic. I can't believe anyone liked those unis from last night.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Print/media graphics. Those are not our official colors. Its been royal blue and white since 1892 and has not changed. Of course in print/media they have black.
What do you think uniforms ultimately are?

Tell you what, since you are so convinced that black isn't in the school colors or allowed on uniforms, why don't you contact UK and see if you can get something in writing stating that. Then come post it here for all of us to see. I'll wait. :popcorn:

What do you think uniforms ultimately are?

Tell you what, since you are so convinced that black isn't in the school colors or allowed on uniforms, why don't you contact UK and see if you can get something in writing stating that. Then come post it here for all of us to see. I'll wait. :popcorn:
Tell ya what. You show me where UK shows our official colors as anything other than blue and white. I'll wait.
http://www.uky.edu/see/page/traditions

The black is ok, for only for an exhibition or something like honoring Mr Bill. But we aren't Duke. We don't need gimmicky black unis. We are Big Blue. We're blue and white, period. That said, my issue with these Bahamas unis isn't because they're black, is because they just look horrible and generic. Still amazed anyone thinks these look good.

Print/media graphics. Those are not our official colors. Its been royal blue and white since 1892 and has not changed. Of course in print/media they have black.
Does UK even know what color blue we are supposed to be? Look at the football stadium. Dark blue end zones. Lighter blue wall around the field. And when Rich Brooks was here our unis looked like the purple people eaters.

10idc3.So.79.jpg

Reactions: Wildcatsworld
I did, or did you forget so quickly? You just didn't want to accept it. It's even coined wildcat black. But there is a reason you won't call up to the school and ask for them to get you something officaly stating it that you can provide to all of us. [winking]
No you didn't. You liked a priint media guide which isn't the same thing as our official colors. I linked an official UK page, it doesn't mention your other colors. Why?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT