ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t like the black uniforms

What? You're crazy as hell!! LOL! They were awesome.

Times have changed. Kids want that stuff nowadays.

Who cares what kids want. Uniforms are to represent the program not what kids want. You go to rupp it’s all blue and white. Duke is blue/black/white. We need to be Kentucky basketball. I don’t know a kid who comitts to a school based on color.

This was the first time we got a look at our team in black and it just doesn’t look right. Blue jerseys

Reactions: lsvljoe and KFuqua
Who cares what kids want. Uniforms are to represent the program not what kids want. You go to rupp it’s all blue and white. Duke is blue/black/white. We need to be Kentucky basketball. I don’t know a kid who comitts to a school based on color.

This was the first time we got a look at our team in black and it just doesn’t look right. Blue jerseys

Actually black is also a UK color, just not used much on the basketball side. For me, I liked the black uniforms but I liked the Keightly ones better. These shorts were to short in my opinion

A one-off uniform color doesn’t bother me much when they win the game. I’d even accept the shitty checkerboard if it meant winning. The colors will ALWAYS be blue and white. If they want to wear black for one game, and they still win, I don’t really give a shit. At the end of the day 99% of the time they will be wearing blue and white.

Who cares...two months from now you won't remember. From your own stance...do you watch the team to see them play basketball or because your concerned with fashion? If it being a cat fan is a uniform..sorry.

Ps..black isnt a color just like white isnt. Did you quit cheering when bc UK got rid of yellow...yes yellow was one of the original colors

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Unless that uniform will be used in real games (regular season) it doesn't really count, it's only a "concept uniform".

Say would there by anyway to have a history of what all the uniforms over the years looks like?

You're basically alone on this then. I don't think the black uniforms were as awesome as some others think but they were ok. Black is an alternate color and not a primary so you won't see this every game. Also keep in mind this was an exhibition game so those uniforms are the real ones we will be using during the season.

I want a pair of those shorts to run/workout in. Much comfier than knee length for exercise imo

Reactions: Nuke99m

Who cares what you want? They care more about what the kids want when recruiting. You? Not so much.

You're basically alone on this then. I don't think the black uniforms were as awesome as some others think but they were ok. Black is an alternate color and not a primary so you won't see this every game. Also keep in mind this was an exhibition game so those uniforms are the real ones we will be using during the season.

False. Those black uniforms suck! They do not look at all like a UK uniform. They look like a Duke uniform.

Reactions: KFuqua
It’s not a big deal, but I’m a traditionalist. The school color is blue. The fan base is the Big BLUE Nation. So, blue uniforms just makes sense.

Reactions: LaCat 70
Black is the new blue. But blue is the new gray. It's all very confusing. Wall paper is even back again. Like shorter shorts.

Actually black is also a UK color, just not used much on the basketball side. For me, I liked the black uniforms but I liked the Keightly ones better. These shorts were to short in my opinion
Black is not a UK color.

Please show me where black is an alternative color.

You may not personally know anyone that has committed to a school because they have cool uniforms (IDK, are you around college kids often???). But it does happen.
Oregon football probably has a ton of guys that just go there because the cool uniforms. The players get to pick the uniform combos they wear each game over at Oregon. It happens, kids like nice new shiney things and it could very well be the difference between getting a recruit and not getting a recruitrecruit.
Yeah, it's that shallow.
I get it, UK is blue and white, but there's no reason to throw a different uniform in there for fun.
You seem like the "GET OFF MY LAWN" old guy. Let it go.

Reactions: MWes11
I'm good...I think...

BBUK= Big Blue UK

BBUK= Big Black UK

Uh, ah, well....at least I won't have to change my name...

one game with those things was one game enough! You look at all the blue and white in the crowd then the black on the players don’t like it. Let duke have that shat let’s stay blue and white!
I feel so sorry for you.

You may not personally know anyone that has committed to a school because they have cool uniforms (IDK, are you around college kids often???). But it does happen.
Oregon football probably has a ton of guys that just go there because the cool uniforms. The players get to pick the uniform combos they wear each game over at Oregon. It happens, kids like nice new shiney things and it could very well be the difference between getting a recruit and not getting a recruitrecruit.
Yeah, it's that shallow.
I get it, UK is blue and white, but there's no reason to throw a different uniform in there for fun.
You seem like the "GET OFF MY LAWN" old guy. Let it go.
I dont mind them doing it now and then, I just dont care for them.

Reactions: kyjeff1

Well they’re black and not going anywhere, so....

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT