ADVERTISEMENT

Dominque Hawkins to the..... Dallas Cowboys?

MWes11

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2012
Was working out yesterday for the LA Lakers and the Cowboys showed up to watch him work out. Pretty interesting and if there was an athlete who could transition to the NFL, it would be Dom as a safety or RB. Long shot but still interesting.

I honestly don't think his basketball playing career is over, though. While he might not get to the NBA, overseas is almost a certainty. Personally, I think he could make an NBA roster at some point. Hoping for the best for Dom.

Reactions: Adolph B. Calipari
Dom has put himself in a great position by working hard. He's already started building his rep internationally by playing in China several summers while here. Plus the continuous work he's put in the gym on his body, and in practice on his athletic skills have open many doors for him. Very proud this guy is a Cat and wish him the best.

Was working out yesterday for the LA Lakers and the Cowboys showed up to watch him work out. Pretty interesting and if there was an athlete who could transition to the NFL, it would be Dom as a safety or RB. Long shot but still interesting.

I honestly don't think his basketball playing career is over, though. While he might not get to the NBA, overseas is almost a certainty. Personally, I think he could make an NBA roster at some point. Hoping for the best for Dom.
I wish him luck.

I started a thread a few months ago, that he should come back next year to play some Safety for UK. I think he played some WR in HS, but he's got the build of a safety.

Reactions: StormCruzzer
This would probably make Calipari the first ever coach of college basketball to put one of his players into the NFL. Ha! Imagine the doors that will open in recruiting! :)
Antonio Gates, TE for the Chargers, played college basketball.

Mo Alie-Cox from VCU basketball signed with the Indianapolis Colts this spring as a tight end. He hasn't played football in nine years.

If he doesn't want horrific brain damage and would like to live a normal life past the age of 50 then I hope basketball works out for him.

Reactions: UKvisitor
I'm assuming everybody knows that Dom can come back to UK and play fb next year. Wouldn't the best his best move if he actually has fb aspirations?

4-time NFL Pro Bowler Jimmy Graham played basketball at Miami for four years.

As a graduate student he played one season of football.

Most of the other guys mentioned were two-sport college stars.

ADVERTISEMENT