ADVERTISEMENT

Does women get 6 fouls?

Boyd94

Junior
Feb 16, 2022
Was checking the box score of South Carolina vs. UCONN. A player for South Carolina had 6 fouls. By the way, South Carolina is terrible. If it wasn't for their size and offensive rebounding, UCONN would have smoked them.

• Haha
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
Was checking the box score of South Carolina vs. UCONN. A player for South Carolina had 6 fouls. By the way, South Carolina is terrible. If it wasn't for their size and offensive rebounding, UCONN would have smoked them.

I have NO idea of what the answer is but I did think of a scenario where it MIGHT be possible for a player to get 6 fouls in the men's game. Suppose a player has 4 fouls and fouls an opposing player and throws enough of a tantrum to be called for a T before being removed from the court. Would that result in 6 fouls officially?

Gonna go out on a limb and guess that you didn’t have to watch the game today to say USC isn’t terrible unless you just think that every single team in their sport is terrible . They are 23-0 ranked number 1 and the defending champs .

Gonna go out on a limb and guess that you didn’t have to watch the game today to say USC isn’t terrible unless you just think that every single team in their sport is terrible . They are 23-0 ranked number 1 and the defending champs .
I watched most of it. Had to leave before the 4th. There is no parity in women's basketball. That's why South Carolina is undefeated. They shot 38% to UCONN's 52%. The reason they won was 25 offensive rebounds.

I watched most of it. Had to leave before the 4th. There is no parity in women's basketball. That's why South Carolina is undefeated. They shot 38% to UCONN's 52%. The reason they won was 25 offensive rebounds.
Well when has there ever been parity in women’s basketball ? Uconn and Tennessee was running it a long time ago . If anything this is the most parity they have ever had .

Reactions: michaeluk26
In my experience, fouls are not counted against women. Men are not allowed any.

Wait, did you mean basketball?

I have NO idea of what the answer is but I did think of a scenario where it MIGHT be possible for a player to get 6 fouls in the men's game. Suppose a player has 4 fouls and fouls an opposing player and throws enough of a tantrum to be called for a T before being removed from the court. Would that result in 6 fouls officially?

Guess what?? I found the answer to the OP's question!!

"Cardoso got a technical after fouling out and slamming the ball down in frustration with 1:20 left."

Reactions: crawfords corner

I wanted to make sure you saw this:

"Cardoso got a technical after fouling out and slamming the ball down in frustration with 1:20 left."

I've never seen that before and would have thought it was a misprint if I had seen it in the box score. That was actually a GREAT question!
I didn't know. They play 4 quarters and use a smaller ball. I just thought it was another rule. I've actually never seen it either. Kudos fir finding the answer.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
Still conducting personal attacks and baiting. Again.
Nope. Do you read posts before you start spouting off stupid things ? Try it and you will see that no one on this board wants you on here. Now you’re making negative comments about women’s basketball. This is 2023. You can’t go down that road anymore. If you don’t like it just keep your trap shut. You don’t like anyone here and no one cares for you. You really need to go.

I didn't know. They play 4 quarters and use a smaller ball. I just thought it was another rule. I've actually never seen it either. Kudos fir finding the answer.

Speaking of playing with a smaller ball, did you see the story about the Duke coach being upset that they played an entire half using a men's bball?

Speaking of playing with a smaller ball, did you see the story about the Duke coach being upset that they played an entire half using a men's bball?
I did. Kara Lawson I think is their coach. Saw where she was complaining because they lost.

I finally was able to watch the USC/UConn game tonight. The T on USC for the 6th foul was pathetic. I sincerely hope that isn't the way a women's game is normally called. I've seen the men do that often and not get called. In my mind, it was a no call all the way.

What Hump did was 50 times worse than this. Okay, I am exaggerating but this was absolutely nothing. And, for the record, I thought the call on Hump was bad officiating. A kid is penalized for celebrating?
She sort of slammed it because she was frustrated fouling out . Looked like it was by accident . I agree it shouldn’t be called a tech . Refs have to allow players to show emotion

Nope. Do you read posts before you start spouting off stupid things ? Try it and you will see that no one on this board wants you on here. Now you’re making negative comments about women’s basketball. This is 2023. You can’t go down that road anymore. If you don’t like it just keep your trap shut. You don’t like anyone here and no one cares for you. You really need to go.
Tired of your baiting. Go away.

I'd wager that you'll be hard pressed to find anyone on this board that watched a women's NCAA basketball game that didn't include UK or at a minimum a Kentucky women's team.

You may well be completely alone on this one today, my man! :)
I regularly watch women's college basketball. My father taught me to appreciate it because they are much more fundamentally sound than the guys. I guess they have to be because they play below the rim. I had daughters play as well and learned to like the game. I'd also rather watch college softball than baseball.

The women’s game is much like the men’s game of 50-60 years ago with regard to parity. The champion will come from a pool of about 4-5 teams, the rest of the field cannot compete

Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
The purpose of writing is to convey a thought, idea etc. If the writing is understood, then spelling or grammar is irrelevant and is only pointed out by one whose aim is to show that he/she is of a higher intellect. 'See how smart I am?'

I'd wager that you'll be hard pressed to find anyone on this board that watched a women's NCAA basketball game that didn't include UK or at a minimum a Kentucky women's team.

You may well be completely alone on this one today, my man! :)

I don't watch much women's basketball, but when I do it's to see Caitlin Clark.

Crazy range, and three triple doubles so far this year, plus another 3 games within 1 rebound or assist.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT