ADVERTISEMENT

Does UK offer Travis Perry on his visit this weekend?

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Or tell him they like what they've seen and are going to watch him closely for the next few months, hinting an offer will come later.

I don't think he will get an offer this week-end as Cal for some reason does not think much of Kentucky HS players unless the have 5 stars by their names.
Cal can not win with some of you. He reaches out to a kid who hasn't touched his Jr year and expressed interest, got a visit to happen and you still complain

Last edited:
Yes, Cal is on thin ice with not only UK fans but big boosters. If there is one thing Cal is not its Stupid.
The kid is a homegrown scoring machine and will wind up with the most points in the history of Kentucky HS basketball passing King Coleman who has held the record for 66 yrs.
Perry will wind up in Blue and White although the King never played at UK.

Last edited:
Yes, Cal is on thin ice with not only UK fans but big boosters. If there is one thing Cal is not its Stupid.
The kid is a homegrown scoring machine and will wind up with the most points in the history of Kentucky HS basketball passing King Coleman who has held the record for 66 yrs.
In all honesty wonder why the King didn’t play at UK?

In all honesty wonder why the King didn’t play at UK?
Tainted.
In 1955–56, as a high school senior, as Coleman averaged 46.8 points per game, he was recruited by heavily by colleges, as he had been throughout his high school career. He was being most heavily recruited by both the University of Kentucky and West Virginia University.[10]

After a recruiting battle between the two, Coleman committed to West Virginia University, along with Jerry West. However, he was eventually banned from playing for West Virginia University after the NCAA determined that Coleman received major gifts, including the use of a car, clothes and money. Coleman eventually played for Kentucky Wesleyan after short stints at Eastern Kentucky University and Marshall University and a steel mill jo
b.[11][12] - Wiki

I’m going to guess not. To me he feels like a BBM invitee and offer there, assuming the coaches like what they see from him the rest of the summer.
I wouldn't be that surprised if he isn't offered.
But I'm 51-49 that he is offered this weekend. Remember, with Calipari watching, playing against Xavier Booker's team, he had 36 points while the older 5-star Booker had 12.

I'm a big CCC detractor, but I agree with this. Let it play out.
Cal can not win with some of you. He reaches out to a kid who hasn't touched his Jr year and expressed interest, got a visit to happen and you still complain
Do you really think it was Cal’s idea to invite him to Lex for a visit? I don’t. I think the comments in this thread about being on thin ice with boosters and the fanbase, the AD, and Pratt before he passed has led Cal to act interested.

Do you really think it was Cal’s idea to invite him to Lex for a visit? I don’t. I think the comments in this thread about being on thin ice with boosters and the fanbase, the AD, and Pratt before he passed has led Cal to act interested.
I don't know, nor do I really care. The kid is visiting UK and Cal is sitting down to talk to him and his family. That's all that really matters, not the pissing match between fans, who constantly complain about something. It doesn't matter what Cal does, those fans are gonna find something to complain about

Last edited:
Years ago I met a guy who played for the Carr Creek team that knocked Coleman off in the State Semis.

I don’t think the kid could come here to visit if Cal didn’t approve.I watched Lofton play at Lexington Cat the fans were cheating his name with Tubby there kid never got an offer. Strange considering how he was a kinda kid Tubby recruited.

Or tell him they like what they've seen and are going to watch him closely for the next few months, hinting an offer will come later.
Yeah, need to go ahead and wrap him up. We have 13 schollies, let us start having three or four Kentucky kids on the roster every year. Let us start having multiple guys on the roster that are basketball smart and good in fundamentals.

I don't know, nor do I really care. The kid is visiting UK and Cal is sitting down to talk to him and his family. That's all that really matters, not the pissing match between fans, who constantly complain about something. It doesn't matter what Cal does, those fans are gonna find something to complain about
I am not complaining. I am just asking the question.

I don't think he will get an offer this week-end as Cal for some reason does not think much of Kentucky HS players unless the have 5 stars by their names.

But if Perry was from Oklahoma, you wouldn't care two snots about him. Because he's from Kentucky, you think mean ol' Cal is overlooking him.

We can probably go get a 4 star from some other state at any point. This kid may be a solid rotational piece at Kentucky come year 3 or 4. But he isn't going to make or break any of our future teams.

You guys love to cling to the Darius Miller helped us win a national title argument. And while he was valuable--a lot of other 4 star seniors could have provided what he provided. Davis, MKG, Jones, Teague, Lamb were all bigger pieces of that puzzle.

But if Perry was from Oklahoma, you wouldn't care two snots about him. Because he's from Kentucky, you think mean ol' Cal is overlooking him.

We can probably go get a 4 star from some other state at any point. This kid may be a solid rotational piece at Kentucky come year 3 or 4. But he isn't going to make or break any of our future teams.

You guys love to cling to the Darius Miller helped us win a national title argument. And while he was valuable--a lot of other 4 star seniors could have provided what he provided. Davis, MKG, Jones, Teague, Lamb were all bigger pieces of that puzzle.

The first sentence is 100% true. If allen was from any other state people on here would have been screaming at calipari to kick him off the team after refusing to play in that one game last season. Instead we had a big loud minority taking Allen's side. Everybodys all american 12th man. Because of where he was born.

Because the talent in the state is lacking.
And the proof is in the pudding. Indiana owns the Commonwealth during that all star game every year.

People just think that the 90s teams where we had a lot Kentucky kids just happens. The rarity of that was insane. Which is why it was a special time.

That will never happen again or has very little chance.

No way in hell they offer him on his visit, and I doubt he’ll ever get an offer from Cal. He’s not good enough to play at the UK’s level.

ADVERTISEMENT