ADVERTISEMENT

Does the team ever practice at Rupp?

catrecruit

Senior
Apr 14, 2006
Kind of odd if they don't.....Totally different depth perceptions from where they practice (Craft)

Seems like it would be beneficial to get some reps in there....just thought about this with all the FT shooting concerns that were being mentioned

Reactions: Uk1111
No, and would be hard because we don't own Rupp. I don't think many programs do that play in big arenas. And I'm not really buying the depth perception thing as that big of a factor...yeah it exists, but every mid major that comes in always has no problem putting people out there that can drain.

Reactions: brianpoe
I am not sure if they do now, but they used to, but only a couple of times per month. It is written in the lease, that they get to use the facility, occasionally, for practice, but I do not remember exactly how many days they were allowed. And the depth perception issue is not that big of a deal, since it is empty when they practice. When the arena is full, the background is totally different than when it is empty.

Cal disagrees that it doesn't matter, and the team has always practiced there in the past! This issue came upwithTubby and he said it was hard to work out times to arrange practice, which means they do, and admitted that it might help if we practiced there more. Cal cited not being used to the gigantic dome s as possibly a reason we shot so poor against WVU, and is exactly why we play in domes in some OOC games, so if that would make a difference than why not would being used to Rupp be an advantage, it's part, albeit a small part of home court advantage, but still a part of why teams play better at homes. In not sure if this team practiced at Rupp, but I agree that it's foolish not to since it's worked into the ishy contract we have with Rupp management, so why not take advantage of it?!

Reactions: Supafuzz75
If that's the logic, go practice at final four venue.

Obviously not possible. It's not just about winning at Rupp. but being comfortable in different places.

ADVERTISEMENT