ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone besides me think...

According to most of our posters we don't have the tools.

But according to some others we do have the fools.
Lol....that's good.
I think we have better players and depth than a long time. Two deep looks REALLY good compared to previous years. We got a couple conference teams that are three deep, though.
When you have a conference school that at one time lose SEVEN linebackers to injury and STILL parlay some numbers (and politicking) into a spot where you win the national title ( I wholeheartedly agree NOT having to play in the conference championship was a big benefit) that speaks tons to what the conference is.

Reactions: jauk11
This is the most talent and depth UK has maybe ever had since the Bear. But at the same time, it's time these coaches start coaching them up. It's time for refs to stop effing us in the A. It's time for Jordan jones to get his discipline back and return to sophomore form and some. It's time for no more blunders where WRs are unguarded. It's time for us to be better in preparation as I feel often times stoops has left a lot to be desired as far as perpetration goes. Time for our defense to step the eff up because there's way too much talent on that side of the ball for teams to get gash us on runs and throw all over us. I like what stoops has done with our program, and he can maybe make the next step. But if not soon, we may need another coach to take us to that next level if we've made no improvement in next 2 seasons, I have faith he can, just very up in the air still.

My hope for every season:
  • winning season
  • bowl game
  • competitive vs rival
  • uptick in recruiting
Speaking of recruiting we have seen an improvement since Stoops took over and it is nowhere near the top in the East. Closer, yes... as much, no. Got to have as much talent as the other teams to win it all.

We don't have that.

We are the point the that we can beat some of them sometimes. That's not enough to win it.

If we EVER beat Florida, then maybe that changes.

And so far looks like MUCH better coaching.
Agree somewhat with this. Our coaches need to step up and be difference makers themselves for sure, that's always the case when you're working from behind on overall talent. But some like Gran have worked magic with what they have while others really need to focus on what they can do to make us better. Really excited about what our new LB and WR coaches may do. And Stoops has to coach with confidence and no fear this year.

Last edited:
Surprisingly.being able to run the ball as well as last year isn't something that concerns me. Swift is a very talented back, one of the best in the conference, Holyfield could start for several teams in the conference and likely to get passed by one of the frosh backs behind an OL that returns 4 starters, another who started 6 games a couple of frosh who are pushing for snaps, may not rush for 3400+ yards again, but average won't be asked to.
I did know that. More often than not (actually much more often than not) a good running game is due to a good (great ???) O-line.

Peace

I did know that. More often than not (actually much more often than not) a good running game is due to a good (great ???) O-line.

Peace

I'm not the least bit worried about Georgia's season, having FIFTY four stars and FIFTEEN five stars in their last four classes tells me they can just bludgeon most teams to death.

It will be interesting when (when, not if) they play Bama in the SEC showdown and the "bludgeoners meet the bludgeoners".

I'm not the least bit worried about Georgia's season, having FIFTY four stars and FIFTEEN five stars in their last four classes tells me they can just bludgeon most teams to death.

It will be interesting when (when, not if) they play Bama in the SEC showdown and the "bludgeoners meet the bludgeoners".

This past Jan, I thought they were better than us and to win we would need some breaks. I was wrong, they were the team who needed the breaks, the first being getting a bye into the playoffs. Then being on the good side of a few no calls.

18 is a new year, if we get the chance to play then in the SEC championship game, to make the playoffs we have to win, Bama doesn't. Hopefully we can keep it close enough they need help again.

Yes I am still bitter about the off sides on the punt block and the no call on the motion on the tying TD.,

Reactions: jauk11
ADVERTISEMENT