ADVERTISEMENT

Do you want Barnhart to choose the next coaches?

TucsonCat

Sophomore
Sep 10, 2022
What if he hires Buzz Williams to 10 years, 100 million contract?
Does the next football coach have to be aDabo disciple who hates NIL?
Will the next baseball coach get overpaid with no accountability?
Will the women's coach get picked because she already has an office in the building?

Cal needs to go. But I'm in no hurry if Mitch is going to determine his replacement.
Mitchs time is up. He has put us in this quandary.
Him leaving is the first step.
We need to start at the top.
The new athletic director should pick who the new coach is.
And that person needs to be here now getting that buyout lined up.
Hard to ask donors to pay for the mistake you made.

I do not trust Barnhart to make the next hire for the UK Basketball Coach and as far as I'm concerned UK needs to be looking to replace him with another AD. Too many bullshit contracts handed out by Barney and most ADs at other P5 conferences wouldn't have been given multiple opportunities to correct bad hires to their powerhouse programs.

Thinking back, Barnhart was not on the Calipari bandwagon.

I know that's way back for folks to remember, but the vast number of fans were clamoring for Calipari. Barnhart had to be pushed into it.

No he can't be trusted. His track record of hiring coaches isn't good. I'll give him Stoops as one good hire but I think that has maxed out and the new contract he got will be frowned upon in 3 to 5 years.

He didn't really hire calipari as he fumbled the bcg hire so badly others took over. We have to hope that happens again somehow or we will end up with a terrible hire like holtman.

I do not trust Barnhart to make the next hire for the UK Basketball Coach and as far as I'm concerned UK needs to be looking to replace him with another AD. Too many bullshit contracts handed out by Barney and most ADs at other P5 conferences wouldn't have been given multiple opportunities to correct bad hires to their powerhouse programs.
Well Barnhart did hire BCG

Buzz Williams is above avg coach but he usually does not get top recruits.

I remember him at marquette.

He had some good teams.

Honestly, any younger coach would probably do as long as they are not like bcg.

Baseball is bad. Women’s basketball is pitiful Men’s basketball is in a 10 year nosedive Football is as good as it will ever be. Barnhart has done below average job. Almost everyone in the SEC except UT and UK has won a title in some sport. AD office needs a house cleaning.

Last edited:
What if he hires Buzz Williams to 10 years, 100 million contract?
Does the next football coach have to be aDabo disciple who hates NIL?
Will the next baseball coach get overpaid with no accountability?
Will the women's coach get picked because she already has an office in the building?

Cal needs to go. But I'm in no hurry if Mitch is going to determine his replacement.
Mitchs time is up. He has put us in this quandary.
Him leaving is the first step.
We need to start at the top.
The new athletic director should pick who the new coach is.
And that person needs to be here now getting that buyout lined up.
Hard to ask donors to pay for the mistake you made.
Hell no

We chose the last one in Calipari. Mitch the Moron decided to give him a lifetime contract around the time he was starting this debacle run at Kentucky.

So no, Mitch should ask the fans, not decide on his own. If we rely on Mitch, we'll end up with freaking Tom Crean.

Baseball is bad. Women’s basketball is pitiful Men’s basketball is in a 10 year nosedive Football is as good as it will ever be. Barnhart has done below average job. Almost everyone in the SEC except UT and UK has won a title in some sport. AD office needs a house cleaning.
Volleyball won a title a couple seasons ago. I know what you mean though.

ADVERTISEMENT